Offseason Outlook: What are the options for Eric Weddle and the Rams in 2020?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams need a safety that can ballhawk in the deep middle. Rapp is a SS who can cover a bit but he's not an elite ballhawk type for that deep role. I do think he's going to be elite mind you just not that type of safety. Weddle is not even close to that, he's a SS now who is an iffy tackler.

It's basically Johnson or bust for that role. I think he can do it at a high level, but we're gonna have to wait and see because of him missing so much time this season.

Weddle is gone. And re: that deep safety role it would not surprise me if the Rams snap one up at some point in this draft particularly if they think it's unlikely they can keep JJ.
JJ III still might surprise us entering his 4th NFL season & after the IR event following shoulder surgery in 2019. 2nd yr safety Nick Scott is much more deep safety type than a SS. Snead brought in and signed an interesting DB who could be tried in the safety position as a free safety named Adonis Alexander. He was a corner for the Hokies 4-2-5 defense in 2017. His 6-2 plus frame & excellent ball skills.

I think our 2020 DB unit can be outstanding. Our corners of Ramsey/ Hill/ NRC/ Long/ Williams & Deayon are young & solid. The Safeties also look good to me.