OFFICIAL ROD - Players cut by other teams we should sign thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
The wise Jimmy Buffet did say that if 'we weren't all crazy we would go insane'....so let's debate. It's good for mental health.
Great reference, Alaska! That should somehow be the ROD motto.

Because he provided a few moments of joy on football Sunday's I'm rooting for the kid to get one more chance in a QB friendly system.
Me too. I like Austin Davis. As @Memphis Ram said, sometimes it's timing. He might be ready to shine.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Great reference, Alaska! That should somehow be the ROD motto.

Me too. I like Austin Davis. As @Memphis Ram said, sometimes it's timing. He might be ready to shine.
He's a Texas Kid, IF I'm not mistake! " Let the Cowboys give him a shot!!" I liked him too!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
LOL.
That's a fair push back. When you put it that way, I'd have to be crazy to argue further that there still may be opportunity for Austin Davis to extend his career as a legitimate back up in this league.

The wise Jimmy Buffet did say that if 'we weren't all crazy we would go insane'....so let's debate. It's good for mental health.

Square peg, round hole? Bad system fit? Could it be that they were releasing him in first rounds of cuts so he'd have a chance to catch on with other QB needy teams? a la Nick Foles?

Austin's time starting with the Rams had some recklessness blended in, but he didn't have the best talent to work with.
Until he started that stretch of games for us, I had forgotten what it felt like to have a 300 + yard passing attack.
Warner/Bulger days we were spoiled, but after that, the dink and dunk rarely got passed 200 yards passing offense for 10 strait years. Bradford rarely posted 300+.

Austin had some game.

Dallas was lit up by him. So much so, that Jerry paid off the officials to secure that 2nd half comeback. Quinn was literally giving piggy bag rides to the Cowboy's that game. I believe that was the game Cook dropped the TD that would have put us back in the lead and the sideline camera caught him shoving Davis.

The QB market is not good right now. Romo is down. Linehan and Red have seen Davis play in person in a memorable game for them.......

I'm not surprised they brought him in for a visit.

Because he provided a few moments of joy on football Sunday's I'm rooting for the kid to get one more chance in a QB friendly system.

Being a member of the Brown's organization was also a kiss of death.
Can you tell I'm trying hard to win this debate? I'm not going to. You're rebuttal was that good.
Man, if I could triple like this post I would.

I mean I'm subconsciously symphonic with the overall sentiment, and though I'd rather see him succeed I really care what happens to Austin Davis. But you jolted my memory to what was once (and hopefully will be again) cause for excitement at this team's offense.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I heard Kush being talked about in a Staff meeting on Hard Knocks, and they seem to think he can play OG Too!!(y);):D
Kush has been getting work done @ both OC posts when Rhaney goes in @ center. Both Rhaney & Kush may be real close playing center...but its the work that both provides @ OG that will win them a roster spot.

If I am right then Erik Kush has a very large edge in this. Going into game day with a reserve swing OT & a reserve center who can swing to both OG posts is a top objective in Boudreau mission the next two days. The 300 pound Rhaney just can not move DT's around like the 315 to 320 pound Kush.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
WR Justin Hunter anyone?

Titans waived WR Justin Hunter.
Hunter was the 34th pick in the 2013 draft after ex-GM Ruston Webster executed a trade up with the 49ers to nab him. He showed some early-career promise in 2013 and 2014, catching 46 balls for 852 yards (18.52 YPR) and seven touchdowns, but the wheels came falling off when he got hurt at the end of the 2014 season and failed to take hold of a starting job in 2015. Hunter has an intriguing blend of size and speed at 6'4/203, but he's yet to seem to get "it." It wouldn't be a shock to see another team claim him off waivers based on perceived upside.Sep 2 - 12:07 PM
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8415/justin-hunter

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
WR Justin Hunter anyone?

Titans waived WR Justin Hunter.
Hunter was the 34th pick in the 2013 draft after ex-GM Ruston Webster executed a trade up with the 49ers to nab him. He showed some early-career promise in 2013 and 2014, catching 46 balls for 852 yards (18.52 YPR) and seven touchdowns, but the wheels came falling off when he got hurt at the end of the 2014 season and failed to take hold of a starting job in 2015. Hunter has an intriguing blend of size and speed at 6'4/203, but he's yet to seem to get "it." It wouldn't be a shock to see another team claim him off waivers based on perceived upside.Sep 2 - 12:07 PM
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8415/justin-hunter
All of their 2nd round pick from 2011-2015 are now off the roster.