OFFICIAL ROD - Players cut by other teams we should sign thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Yeah, word on Randle is he was a dog in practice. No effort, doesn't seem to care.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Vikings cut C John Sullivan, an 8 year starter. rams should really take a hard look. Sullivan is probably at least as good a center as Barnes, and defiantly an upgrade over Rhaney or Kush.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Vikings cut C John Sullivan, an 8 year starter. rams should really take a hard look. Sullivan is probably at least as good a center as Barnes, and defiantly an upgrade over Rhaney or Kush.

I believe hes coming off multiple back surgeries. Thats bad news for a center.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Why the speculation about players at positions of Rams existing depth?

Just focus on two positions.

WR for sure.

Backup C might be a possibility.

We're okay at all the other positions vs waiver wire cut players.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
sounds like Chris Givens and Austin Davis are both available....surprised both were cut this early.

I always thought Givens was a one- trick pony and I never really understood the love some people had for Austin Davis

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Might be cleaner for the board if we have one thread where we can discuss players cut by other teams we could contemplate signing. We all know there will be the first level of cut downs on Tuesday 15 people a team there's 480 potential future former Rams we could contemplate signing. I can update the title with notable cuts I think?
There. Changed the title to make it "official" . :cool:

Hope that helps

A55VA6

Legend

Rams love Barnes and think the Rams really like Kush too.
I highly doubt Sullivan would take a low paying backup job..

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As with all NFL teams, i'm looking for more pass rush because you can never have enough.
As mentioned by others, WR is still a concern and needs to be looked at. I would have liked a veteran addition in the offseason(Boldin after drafting Hoff especially) but the Rams went in a different direction.

lockdnram21

Legend
As with all NFL teams, i'm looking for more pass rush because you can never have enough.
As mentioned by others, WR is still a concern and needs to be looked at. I would have liked a veteran addition in the offseason(Boldin after drafting Hoff especially) but the Rams went in a different direction.
Don't think Boldin would have came here anyway. Not wirh a rookie QB or Keenum

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rams love Barnes and think the Rams really like Kush too.
I highly doubt Sullivan would take a low paying backup job..
I heard Kush being talked about in a Staff meeting on Hard Knocks, and they seem to think he can play OG Too!!(y);):D

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member

LOL.
That's a fair push back. When you put it that way, I'd have to be crazy to argue further that there still may be opportunity for Austin Davis to extend his career as a legitimate back up in this league.

The wise Jimmy Buffet did say that if 'we weren't all crazy we would go insane'....so let's debate. It's good for mental health.

Square peg, round hole? Bad system fit? Could it be that they were releasing him in first rounds of cuts so he'd have a chance to catch on with other QB needy teams? a la Nick Foles?

Austin's time starting with the Rams had some recklessness blended in, but he didn't have the best talent to work with.
Until he started that stretch of games for us, I had forgotten what it felt like to have a 300 + yard passing attack.
Warner/Bulger days we were spoiled, but after that, the dink and dunk rarely got passed 200 yards passing offense for 10 strait years. Bradford rarely posted 300+.

Austin had some game.

Dallas was lit up by him. So much so, that Jerry paid off the officials to secure that 2nd half comeback. Quinn was literally giving piggy bag rides to the Cowboy's that game. I believe that was the game Cook dropped the TD that would have put us back in the lead and the sideline camera caught him shoving Davis.

The QB market is not good right now. Romo is down. Linehan and Red have seen Davis play in person in a memorable game for them.......

I'm not surprised they brought him in for a visit.

Because he provided a few moments of joy on football Sunday's I'm rooting for the kid to get one more chance in a QB friendly system.

Being a member of the Brown's organization was also a kiss of death.
Can you tell I'm trying hard to win this debate? I'm not going to. You're rebuttal was that good.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Quite frankly, I'd be curious to see how a more experienced Austin Davis would perform behind today's improved OLine, a more experienced Tavon Austin, and Todd Gurley in place of Tre Mason. And Higbee making the catches the other TEs would drop.

Sometimes these players just suffer from bad timing.

But, all in all, unless it's a quality starter who happens to be a cap casualty, anyone the Rams pickup this offseason might just be overkill given all the youth brought in the past few years. Perhaps, there are some decent practice squad additions to be had later.