OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
I would just like to point out for everyone freaking out that we're going to do nothing come Friday that for all of Les Snead's faults you think he has there is one constant during his tenure here.... he is very good at making trades happen and is not afraid to pull the trigger. I have problems with this front office for various reasons but the one thing I expect to happen is be pleasantly surprised by something they do during the offseason. If there truly is interest in Tru by 5 different teams I can guarantee Snead will get a very nice draft pick haul for him. The man can make a deal when it comes to trades.

Now talent evaluation and locking up those they develop is another topic but for those worried about the Rams not doing anything in free agency.... I suggest breathing and strapping yourself in for the ride.

Psycho_X

Legend
I am reserving judgement on this for post Fisher

Agreed on the talent eval, this offseason is almost a mulligan for Snead. If he can pull in a few extra picks via Tru he has a chance to show it wasn't his fault the product on the field sucked. I have no doubt this offensive staff can develop talent if given it. I have reserved optimism again lol.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Sadly it has been really quiet on any FAs coming to the Rams so far. Only thing we heard Rams related is the Tru rumor. Hopefully it picks up tomorrow when FA actually opens.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Looking more and more like a Receiver draft for us, boys. I just hope we don't sign an FA like woods and be totally content with "We got our Garcon!" ... because that would be a step backwards from finding a legit weapon for Goff.

:(

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sadly it has been really quiet on any FAs coming to the Rams so far. Only thing we heard Rams related is the Tru rumor. Hopefully it picks up tomorrow when FA actually opens.
On a positive note, teams have been quiet in general so far. Not sure why but there have only been a few agreements so far.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking more and more like a Receiver draft for us, boys. I just hope we don't sign an FA like woods and be totally content with "We got our Garcon!" ... because that would be a step backwards from finding a legit weapon for Goff.

:(
BuT let's not forget the most important equation of all: we have an offensive minded head coach. Not saying that will fix all of our woes but it helps going from fisher and boras (who were historically bad) to mcvay/Lafleur (who each were apart of good offenses)

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Im not shocked by the Rams patience. Some teams have 50+ mill in cap space and are bound to way over spend. Im all for them being smart about their approach in FA this year. That being said, I would really like some help at WR but the $$$ that was paid to Garcon is CRAZY and completely unwarranted...

KOWALSKI

Rookie
according to a bucs beat writer it's la but he also said he would be surprised if he signs with the rams.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Slow news day for the Rams but that can be a good thing. We want bargains.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Yea I'm proud of us for standing pat and letting the first storm of signings pass. Time to hunker down and look for bargain deals. Wtg Snead and Demoff!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Slow news day for the Rams but that can be a good thing. We want bargains.
Who's a bargain? Seems like it's our year-after-year strategy to get outbid by every other team because they "overpaid" for talent, meanwhile we wait for the no-name bargain guys who visit other places first and never quite make it to Rams Park..Then we hear "We are building through the draft anyway." Or, we get a million rookie FA's to see if any of them rise to the level of special teamers......:rant:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Elvis Dumervil was released by the Ravens. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires.