Official: Quinn to LB, Joyner to S, Grob to RT, more from McVay...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Someone on Twitter told me Quinn to OLB is a waste of talent. Some people....all they understand is touchdowns.

Just tell him that Quinn has more chances of intercepting a ball and returning it for a touchdown at outside linebacker. :D

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So basically more of the same.

I am baffled by anybody who sees anything different than that.

I don't know what they're basing it on.

Hope?
Upside?
Scouting reports?
Combine measurables?
Coach speak?

All I have seen is abject failure from the world's slowest learner.
You're forgetting Brian Quick.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@So Ram
IDK
Going against Aaron Donald...in drills..is tough.
I think left side right side is just hype...unless you ARE left or right dominant..if that makes sense.
Few players at this level are complete busts..part player part coaching
ram

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Soul, I think its possible GRob didn't get good coaching. Give me one example of Paul Boudreau's success.

If Kromer fails to get GRob to play better, THEN I will call him a bust.

Everyone knew he was a project and needed coaching. Maybe he'll finally get it from Kromer.

You keep calling GRob stupid. That may not be true. Maybe, just maybe, the coaching was what was stupid.

I'm skeptical too, but I also realize the possibility that Grobs problems could be from incompetent coaching.

I guess you take it for granted he got good coaching.

In any case, this TC is GRobs last chance with the Rams, they're not picking up his 5th year option. He perform or he looks for work somehere else.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Soul, I think its possible GRob didn't get good coaching. Give me one example of Paul Boudreau's success.

If Kromer fails to get GRob to play better, THEN I will call him a bust.

Everyone knew he was a project and needed coaching. Maybe he'll finally get it from Kromer.

You keep calling GRob stupid. That may not be true. Maybe, just maybe, the coaching was what was stupid.

I'm skeptical too, but I also realize the possibility that Grobs problems could be from incompetent coaching.

I guess you take it for granted he got good coaching.

In any case, this TC is GRobs last chance with the Rams, they're not picking up his 5th year option. He perform or he looks for work somehere else.

He is still just 24 going into his 4th season. LT is the 2nd hardest position to learn in the NFL beside QB from the experts.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
So basically more of the same.

I am baffled by anybody who sees anything different than that.

I don't know what they're basing it on.

Hope?
Upside?
Scouting reports?
Combine measurables?
Coach speak?

All I have seen is abject failure from the world's slowest learner.

Na man, Brian Quick was co champ as the world's slowest learner... I mean fair is fair don't you dare forget B Quick#83!!!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Any chance GRob playing RT in a more dumb down yet aggressive system would actually work out for the team??? I hope and a pray question here

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Looking to see what @BonifayRam has to say, especially about the OL. Myself I say let him compete. I also agree with Champ on this. This is going to get interesting for sure (in a good way I believe). :cool:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Looking to see what @BonifayRam has to say, especially about the OL. Myself I say let him compete. I also agree with Champ on this. This is going to get interesting for sure (in a good way I believe). :cool:
Good Day Dagonet .....guess you have been real busy the last few months...miss you around here.:cheers:

IMO it very doubtful that GRob starts anywhere in this newly reformed Ram OL. I see him @ best as a game day relief. Would look like they have opened up a post for GRob to compete in when they made plans for the last 2 seasons RT Havenstein to move into the interior. I agree the RT post is the best post for GRob to work in at. Issue is GRob will not be the best RT on this Ram team. He has some very good competition. Rodger Saffold, Andrew Donnal Rob Havenstein will be better overall RT's than GRob when healthy. Watch out for Pace Murphy too.

All it takes here is for talented Jamon Brown to finally get healthy to secure the LG post next to well seasons smart All Pro Andrew Whitworth & last two seasons starter @ RG Cody Wichmann to get over those ankle issues for the RT post to be full of competitors.

With McVay making the line calls & being able to know first hand when GRob misses the call or does not get it will play heavy into GRob's exit. When this offensive minded very aware head coach is seeing his QB being crushed or hit & his offense suffering from the actions of GRob's brain cloud .....it will not be long until this main top administrator shuts that crap down...& McVay will do it rather quickly.

GRob has not been playing under the gun like that before. GRob was permitted to have lapses & was let go until the last month of last season when he was benched twice by two different HC's. If not for the injuries of 3 Rams OL'ers he would have remained benched.

Last edited:

jap

Legend
With McVay making the line calls & being able to know first hand when GRob misses the call or does not get it will play heavy into GRob's exit. When this offensive minded very aware head coach is seeing his QB being crushed or hit & his offense suffering from the actions of GRob's brain cloud .....it will not be long until this main top administrator shuts that crap down...& McVay will do it rather quickly.

GRob has not been playing under the gun like that before. GRob was permitted to have lapses & was let go until the last month of last season when he was benched twice by two different HC's. If not for the injuries of 3 Rams OL'ers he would have remained benched.

The problem with all this is that the bad habits GRob picked up over the years have been heavily reinforced by repeated usage. He has a ton of bad habits & mental mal-processing to exorcise from his system & muscle memory. Can Coach Kromer and Andrew Whitmore be successful exorcists?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The problem with all this is that the bad habits GRob picked up over the years have been heavily reinforced by repeated usage. He has a ton of bad habits & mental mal-processing to exorcise from his system & muscle memory. Can Coach Kromer and Andrew Whitmore be successful exorcists?

Not sure if a Player has been paid a near 15 million for 3 seasons to learn all these bad habits......why change when you can get all these millions for just being what he has been & what he has learned so good. GRob can earn a near 7 million for doing nothing this year.:palm: Do you think that exorcising is written in Aaron Kromer's & Andrew Whitworth's contract under the special GRob clause:shocking:?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Muscle memory is another reason that Robinson fails in my opinion.

By the time his brain and muscles figure out that he's on the right hand side, Camp will be half over and he will 'be far behind the other lineman.

If he's sucking at the end of camp, why waste a roster spot?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Muscle memory is another reason that Robinson fails in my opinion.

By the time his brain and muscles figure out that he's on the right hand side, Camp will be half over and he will 'be far behind the other lineman.

If he's sucking at the end of camp, why waste a roster spot?

A55VA6

Legend
Ok so with the Rams drafting John Johnson in the 3rd round, does that put Joyner back at Nickel? I checked the Rams website and Joyner used to be listed as a "DB" but is now listed as "CB"... so I guess he won't be at Safety after all?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Ok so with the Rams drafting John Johnson in the 3rd round, does that put Joyner back at Nickel? I checked the Rams website and Joyner used to be listed as a "DB" but is now listed as "CB"... so I guess he won't be at Safety after all?
When Joyner's move was initially announced McVay said that Joyner would be FS during "base" sets and move down to CB during "nickel/dime" packages. I think nothing has changed, assuming Johnson is ready he'll be the FS during "nickel/dime" sets.

FRO

Legend
I have read all of the quotes in the article before.

As far as Jamon Brown?

Remember how doofus Boudreau kept moving him from RG to LG in camp and the preseason in 2015?

The guy never settled down and then had a severe injury.

Then last year he had to play between Barnes and an injured Havenstein.

I think he'll be fine once he settles down in one position and gets some support from the other guys on the line.

I see him starting at Right Guard with Havenstein back at Right Tackle.
That angered me so much. They talk about cohesiveness with linemen so much and you go through the entire camp with guys in certain spots only to change it right before game one? It made no sense and it was counterproductive to Brown who was a rookie.

A55VA6

Legend
When Joyner's move was initially announced McVay said that Joyner would be FS during "base" sets and move down to CB during "nickel/dime" packages. I think nothing has changed, assuming Johnson is ready he'll be the FS during "nickel/dime" sets.
Thanks, I must have missed that. I actually like the thought of that. Try, Webster, Joyner, Robey-Coleman is a solid group in dime packages.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
EDIT: After looking it up, McVay said no such thing. I read it in an article on ESPN, LA Times, and Rotoworld. According to Rotoworld, Wade Phillips wanted to move him because it would put Joyner on the field on every down, and McVay was quoted saying that he believes Joyner is an elite nickel.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/related/nfl/9635/lamarcus-joyner?rw=1

http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Which-Rams-May-Shift-Positions-in-2017/f2d35d11-9805-4595-ae0d-a7bb6d9ea120

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles-rams/post/_/id/33392/rams-will-enter-draft-seeking-more-weapons-for-jared-goff