Official "Positives" Thread: Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, it was two guys that just loved Green Bay. I swear they would have Aaron Rogers kids if they could. They would do the same with Clay Matthews.
Yeah that was Fouts and his old Chargers buddy I believe.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah that was Fouts and his old Chargers buddy I believe.

My wife is a Packers fan and even she said how bad they were favoring Green Bay. Said that if you didn't listen closely you think the Packers were the only team on the field.....I agreed. If that was Fouts........he sucks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone notice the Redskins took undefeated Atlanta into overtime, in Atlanta?

We lost to them, but they're a better team than most give credit.

Rams going to get on a roll. I believe.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
gurleytoss.0.gif
I can't stop watching that. Gurley is just a freaking stud.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
We see our team can play at the level Green Bay is at. And our defense can change the level (even w/o Tree.....) their offense plays at. We are close w/ Gurley and Austin (and if the 2 of you ever come off the field w/o a 21 pt lead...........:shocked:) but we need to get some kind of consistent contribution from a few others to go much further. We ain't there yet.........but we can see where we need to be and some of our guys....are there. Go get them guys......

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wont have to listen to those horrid Green Bay, Homer, announcers for the rest of the year!!:rockon:
Hey! Lay off my Oregon boy Fouts! He is definitely a Rodgers fan though. But isn't it a bit hard not to be?
Now the Oregon Ducks? Not so much.
Oh you HAD to go there. WSU? So embarrassing.

The positives? Lots of them as far as I'm concerned.

Gurley is not only a total stud and everything he was blown up to be but IMO - better. I didn't hear anyone talking about his pass blocking. The dude had some very solid blocks and that body slam issued to Matthews was beautiful. It's truly mind boggling how he gets yards in chunks. This is what elite means. And he's two games in.

Austin is a scary man. He immediately puts defenders on their heels. I'm going to say that practically NO ONE else scores on that little shovel pass. The defense looked more afraid of being burned than wanting to step up and tackle him. And I think the defender assumed he was going to go down with the hit. Nope.

The mighty Quinn with yet another strip sack for a turn-over. We didn't get there much but it is really hard to get to Mr. Rodgers.

Barron stepping up and playing really well as the next man up.

JJ was not heard from at all today. Why? I never once saw them throw at him (though I could be wrong).

Ending Rodgers INT streak and QB rating streak.

We stuck with the run despite being down by 14 early.

shitchickens gave up 20 unanswered points to steal defeat out of the jaws of victory.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No, it was two guys that just loved Green Bay. I swear they would have Aaron Rogers kids if they could. They would do the same with Clay Matthews.
Funny - I generally notice the homer announcers. I just didn't pick that up. I always knew Fouts had a thing for Rodgers but I didn't notice the mad love. We do have to acknowledge that virtually everyone has GB picked to go to the SB this year - so there's that.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

When you're a proven team who makes significant strides, you deserve to have commentators dick riding on them. I always enjoy Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts's commentary as they provided in-depth analysis on both sides. Only difference is the Packers have a proven track record. The only praise we deserve right now is our defense and Todd Gurley playing lights out.

Limey

Rookie
Gurley and the D obviously, but I also liked Hekker's composure on the ad libbed fake punt. The throw wasn't pretty but he got the completion and the first down.

Limey

Rookie
Kind of a weird day when Harkey and Cook log tackles and Cody Davis a pass reception.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I actually feel better about this team than I did when the game started. Or course I never expected a win here.

Anyway, Foles threw 4 INTs vs. the Packers, in their home stadium, and the Rams only lost by a couple scores? In the past, something like that would have easily resulted in a snowball type blowout.:whistle:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ok! A few key plays and we could have Won this one, even w/ our young, and beat up O-Line!
Big "IF's" IF GREG THE LEG made those FG's, and "IF" Foles hadn't thrown that pick in the end-zone!
"BUT!!"
* Gurley 30 carries for 159 Yards w/a long of 55. In only his second start!! WOW!!
* Austin had 3 rushes for a total of 22 yards, not bad!
* Bailey 3 catches for 73 Yard!! That Bomb for 68 yards!!
* Benny Cunningham also had 2 catches for 28 Yards!
These are some pretty good Building Blocks!! and don't forget, How long had Rogers gone with-out a pick at Home!? 11 games? 538 pass attempts? and the Rams got him twice!
Bottom Line, the Rams made, what people are calling the Best in the NFC look "Mortal!"

GO RAMS!!
addon.jpg

Penguin.

Rookie
Man, I am real impressed with this team. I honestly am. Everything except for that O-line. If Foles has time he can make good plays, but with an inexperienced line, we have to rely on Gurley and our defense to win. What a game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually feel better about this team than I did when the game started. Or course I never expected a win here.

Anyway, Foles threw 4 INTs vs. the Packers, in their home stadium, and the Rams only lost by a couple scores? In the past, something like that would have easily resulted in a snowball type blowout.:whistle:

I'm with you on that. Foles gave them a pick six and two red-zone INTs. We only lost by 14. To arguably the best team in the NFL in their house.

My big issue with this game is that the OL and Foles were that bad. That doesn't make me feel good moving forward. I didn't think we would win but I'd feel a bit more confident if we lost but the offense aside from Gurley looked good.

Hopefully, Foles and the OL will figure out over the bye week and get their shit together. Then we can put together a confidence building beat down on the Browns.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
His acl is must be feeling okay.

Joking aside, we knew the Packers would be tough. I felt this game would be a great measuring stick to see where our team is at. I truly believe we are ready to turn the corner and here's why:

*Our defense forced 3 turnovers against Mr. Flawless (Aaron Rodgers) - a feat that not many teams have done against Rodgers in his entire career.

*As the game went on, our defense made adjustments and improved greatly from the opening quarter.

*Our offense, although we only scored 10, had many good drives into Green Bay territory.

*Our O-line still has work to do, but with the bye and a favorable next 4 games, we could see a vast improvement in their play.

Congrats to Green Bay on their win today and improving to 5-0. I'm looking forward to seeing you again in this year's playoffs! (y);)

GO RAMS!!!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I didn't really expect us to beat the Packers in Lambeau - people just don't do that. And we didn't. But... we showed a lot of positives.

I was on the ledge after the 'Skins and Steelers games, but this one, not so much. I saw a lot of positives. A lot of strides. Gurley is a beast. Austin is starting to be used in ways that make him dangerous. Quick had a grab (at least one). This D is straight-up elite - anyone else notice that 'Zona dropped 42 on a not-too-bad Detroit defense a week after we held them to about half that?

There's a lot of good going on here. Two picks of Rodgers in Lambeau is impressive.

Now, there's some terribad things going on as well, namely Foles's play and the line's ability to keep Clay Matthews out of his butt. Hekker's worrying me a bit with his punting, but at least his arm is still solid.

TL:DR, I saw a lot to be pleased with in what is probably the most difficult venue against the best team in the NFL. Way more positives than the other two losses, and quite a few of the things that carried us in our victories showed up as well.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
As everyone has said Gurley is awesome.

Foles, for what is worth is one tough SOB to take that blatant spear from Matthews and get back up. I have a few doubts about him long-term, but he's young and he's got the will and that's 90% of the game right there.

The defense. I've been harsh on Jenkins, but he played well. Really well I thought. True, McDonald, good as well.

The last two games should show the JL doubters why the rest of us like him so much.

Austin is becoming the player we thought he would be when we drafted him.

Hekker rules. Every other punter sucks.

2-3 it could be worse.

DenverRam

Starter
i am still pissed about that spear, i think it changed Foles mindset the entire game. One big hit can do that.