Official "Positives" Thread: Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
Our last three games were all very close. With a weaker teams out of the bye, lets win 3 or 4 hekk we can the whole next five. On a side note can we talk about hekker being awesome please?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I have a major positive...we face the Browns after the bye.

If we don't beat the crap out of that team, I'll lose my crap. That's the perfect rebound game (and confidence builder). Beat McCown or Manziel to hell and run all over Cleveland.

This has get well game written all over it. Extra week to make adjustments for OL, at home and Gurleys only gonna be faster and more explosive 2 weeks from today

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defense and Gurley . They did everything they could do to win the game .

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Our D played plenty well enough to win this game. And against a team that many consider a SB favorite.

Picked Rodgers twice.

Held the mighty Packer O to 17 points. In Green Bay.

Held the Packers to 69 yards rushing. Combined...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our last three games were all very close. With a weaker teams out of the bye, lets win 3 or 4 hekk we can the whole next five. On a side note can we talk about hekker being awesome please?

Hekker might have outplayed Foles in the 2nd half at QB if we had put him in lol.

Fisher better have this team motivated coming out of the bye. They need to go on a tear. Like a 5 wins in a row tear.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
1-Gurley
2-Gurley
3-Defense
4-Did I mention Gurley?

Oh- And the Seacocks blew a 24-7 lead in Cincy :)

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Stats say this game was a lot closer than the score.

191 yards rushing and the Rams winning time of possession stand out.

Rams 27% to GB's 30% on third down jumps out too.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley is a beast!
The DEFENSE played awesome football. 2 plays accounted for a third of their offense today.
The team is finally fitting Austin into the team.
A little more success when we were in scoring range and we could have beat a super bowl contender in their home, one of the toughest places to play in the league.
Once this O-line starts to mature and Gurley gets more in game shape and we should have a pretty good team.
Get that big #1 receiver next year and we are off to the races.

A55VA6

Legend
Browns, Niners, Vikings, Bears in the next 4 games, with only 1 road game. Rams could realistically end up 6-3 if they can be consistent.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Gurley enough said
Austin getting better need to get him the ball more
Jenkins has looked great, he's playing smarter and QBs are not looking his way.
Tru and Joyner getting better.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
1. Defense played great
2. Gurley had a career day
3. We, the 6 - 10 team of last year, went toe-to-toe with a SB contending team in their house where it's tough for anyone to win
4. As poorly as we played, we still played better (at least defensively) than we did the last time we won a big divisional game----we
showed much progress in that respect
5. We did not get blown out------even though they won, they respect us now

Finally, we are a up and coming team, a playoff team, and it is extremely hard to beat the caliber of team GB is twice in one season. We will see this team again THIS season-----in the PLAYOFFS-----that's when I'll take the win, not this regular season game. We stopped the interception streak today; in the playoffs, we stop their home game winning streak!!!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD------WE'RE NOT AS BAD AS SOME ARE SAYING!!!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
JL just playing his Freakin Ass off. Barron will be extended I believe even though I can't wait till AO gets back as healthy as he was. Our DL was once again held so often without a call. Its just a shame. I said all week Starks would be just as good if not better. We still shut their run down. Ayers will need more reps to be in position but I'm glad we have him to work with. Teams can't mimic our "D" in trying to play packers. Cignetti has time to get Stedman Bailey some more chances. Lets run that pick play that the pack scored first TD off of. Tru was picked clear as day. Missed spearing early by Blonde that should have led to his exit of the game. Total miss that will be FINED if Fisher gets his way. I'm sure it will be submitted. It was a game changing hit to Foles. I wanna rematch.DAMN RIGHT!!!

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Defense gave up 17 Points today. They are playing at a very high level. I do believe they've given up an average of around 18 points. That's a winning recipe. We have the running game and ST's, missed FG's aside. This team is on its way up and nobody can convince me different. The key still remains to be health. As long as we're healthy, we will be in the Playoffs. FOUR INT's tell the story of this game.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Add an offensive line and we would have crushed GB at home. If we get an o line together, we will win the NFC west against GB.

Our D was amazing. We shut down Lacy and Starks. Shut them DOWN.

Rodgers was Rodgers and played as well as any QB in football could be expected to against a D that had him in a panic all game. Two interceptions and a FF against Aaron Rodgers at home!

Gurley! WOW! Awesome.

There was an actual Quick sighting! Yeah, he had some major rust culminating in a drop, but he also looked polished on that play getting open betong the LOS if I recall.

Was Jenkins even in the game? I'm serious. Either we did that to Rodgers without Jenkins or Rodgers couldn't throw his way a single time.

Austin did everything he could possibly do and had success. 5 plays this game. Did we rehire Schotty :mad:?

We may be going on a roll the likes of which we could only dream of. We are THAT close and we have time to heal up, shore up the o-line, and roll through the easiest part of the schedule culminating in a Seahawks and Niners sweep.

Oh, and apparently drunk RamzFanz decided to stop taking shit from RamzFanz! BANNED! :rolllaugh:

The parting shot? GZ missed a 63 yard field goal, one yard less than the NFL record, by an inch. Yes, that's all they had! :yess:

Oh wait, he also said the GB defense was better than the Rams!!!!! After we manhandled Rodgers!!!!! Dumbest shit ever spoken!!!!!

Last edited:
Packer fan here. I was nervous before the game, last year I thought you guys were a QB away from the playoffs. This year, I think you need more time for Foles to gel with his team. Your defense is one of the best in the league and Gurley is going to be a beast. You played a heck of a game, but you still have nearly three quarters of a season to learn each other and get to where you will be.

I see your team as one on the rise and to be a factor in the next few years as a consistent playoff contender. Not unlike what we saw in the late 90"s- early 2000's. You have so much upside. Great game and there will be many more games that you will scare the snot out of the upper class teams, until that day when, you realize, you are one of the upper class teams. It is close, mark my words.

I am a life long Packer fan, but in my teen years I was a huge fan of Lawrence McCutcheon and had my own number 30 Rams jersey. I hated that we traded so much of our future for John Hadl, but having endured the 70's and 80's, all I can say is better days are coming, and soon, in my opinion.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Welcome aboard and feel free to post anytime, just try to stay away from the gameday threads :)

Thanks for your comments and for some of us there were positives to take away from today and we realize the future is pointing up from this team. I think we need a year of work in the trenches for this OLine to gel and grow together. Then if you give Foles a decent WR and TE who actually like to catch the ball this team is set.

You guys look good, the D is real and looking at your schedule you won't face D like ours aside from probably the Bronco's. Best of luck the rest of the way.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Packer fan here. I was nervous before the game, last year I thought you guys were a QB away from the playoffs. This year, I think you need more time for Foles to gel with his team. Your defense is one of the best in the league and Gurley is going to be a beast. You played a heck of a game, but you still have nearly three quarters of a season to learn each other and get to where you will be.

I see your team as one on the rise and to be a factor in the next few years as a consistent playoff contender. Not unlike what we saw in the late 90"s- early 2000's. You have so much upside. Great game and there will be many more games that you will scare the snot out of the upper class teams, until that day when, you realize, you are one of the upper class teams. It is close, mark my words.

I am a life long Packer fan, but in my teen years I was a huge fan of Lawrence McCutcheon and had my own number 30 Rams jersey. I hated that we traded so much of our future for John Hadl, but having endured the 70's and 80's, all I can say is better days are coming, and soon, in my opinion.

Well said. I disagree about Foles though, no one plays behind that o-line. GB's D is amazing, really good, but our o-line made them look way too good today against a talented offense. Add an o-line, and Rams win today. This isn't a story about missed FGs, it's a story about the Rams' drives being stopped by Foles on the ground.

We will see you again in the playoffs.

Last edited: