Official Lions@Rams Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Well, Rams will win 2 out of the three next games save Fisher's job and Fisher will say, "we got things rolling now under Rob Boras!"
041615-NFL-St-Louis-Rams-tight-ends-coach-Rob-Boras-MM-PI.vadapt.620.high.33.jpg
And you know that they don't.....how?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Man there's a lot of personal insults and sarcasm in this thread. Is that allowed now, because I thought calling people fucking dipshits and so on wasn't allowed. I'm glad we won, but I'm not going to go ballistic because someone else realized it might effect our ability to get a player position we desperately need come draft day. The win is nice. Another non winning season isn't. I'm torn myself. I like the win, don't really care about a few slots up or down in the draft. But I am concerned that every inch closer to .500 will stop Kroenke from making the change we really need in order to make the playoffs in 2016. JMO blast away.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Did I get lost looking for the celebration thread?

Lot of vent posts in here; mucho negativity about lost draft position due a Win!!!!

Seems inappropriate to have those in a Celebration thread.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Happy for the guys. They've worked hard and deserve a win.

As for the draft; we have enough capital to move should we decide to gamble on a QB.

Winning is a culture that we as fans should support. Another high first round draft pick is not the answer.
Consistency and a commitment to excellence as an organization is.

Go Rams!!!!!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Winning is something teams have to learn how to do through actually doing it. Overcoming adversity (e.g., lots of significant injuries) is something else a team must learn to do by actually doing it. Today the Rams did both. That is not meaningless and does help us in the future.

:cheers:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Let's not forget about the great job Hekker did pinning Detroit deep in their own end!

I think JJ is gone next year unless we seriously overpay him. You can tell with his comments that he is frustrated with the offense. Make him a reasonable offer but don't break the bank. He will probably get big money from another team, and that's ok. If we focus on keeping Tru and Barron, we should be just fine. E.J. will be back, Joyner looks good and Roberson's getting more experience.

No one player is bigger than the team.

That said... Hopefully he's just negotiating and doesn't really believe what he's saying. We took a huge chance on him drafting him so high and letting him play through some pretty bad performances earlier in his career. Hopefully he remembers that and has some semblance of loyalty. He's not going to get it as an over payed FA.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember watching several interviews with the players and DV and have them talk about when they realized they were going to win games they would have otherwise lost. They talked about a mindset that was different; that they believed they could win; that there was a swagger after some of the early wins. So I don't buy what you are saying here. Winning absolutely breeds winning. Sure some teams are good enough to just win. But many teams feed off of winning or in some cases losing.

Because they knew they had an amazing team...because they were winning. The 1998 Rams went 1-6 over their last 7. That didn't stop the 1999 Rams from winning their first 6 games. They just did it. Because they were that good. It wasn't about learning how to win. It was about having the talent to win.

Sure, winning breeds winning. But the Rams ending up at 7-9/8-8 instead of 6-10/5-11 won't make a difference for next year.

That's the thing though. It wasn't a strategic decision to go in and win. These guys don't know anything other than to play to win because their livelihoods, pride, and future net worths are on the line. Coaches and players alike. As in, there is no other move. They don't practice hard, work hard, study hard, and bleed hard on Sundays for the hope that they lose and get the opportunity to draft 4th and pick up Johnny Jacknoodle from Clemson.

Maybe that was just a poor choice of words on your part or something, but ... best move?

I stand by my words. I expect them to play their asses off. It's good that they are. But that doesn't mean that it's the best move.

It's interesting this topic comes up because we were just talking about the other day (me and a couple other posters) how a win over the Browns cost us the #1 pick and a shot at Andrew Luck in 2011. Was that win the best move for the team? No. Do I expect them to purposefully lose? No.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Because they knew they had an amazing team...because they were winning. The 1998 Rams went 1-6 over their last 7. That didn't stop the 1999 Rams from winning their first 6 games. They just did it. Because they were that good. It wasn't about learning how to win. It was about having the talent to win.

Sure, winning breeds winning. But the Rams ending up at 7-9/8-8 instead of 6-10/5-11 won't make a difference for next year.

I stand by my words. I expect them to play their asses off. It's good that they are. But that doesn't mean that it's the best move.

It's interesting this topic comes up because we were just talking about the other day (me and a couple other posters) how a win over the Browns cost us the #1 pick and a shot at Andrew Luck in 2011. Was that win the best move for the team? No. Do I expect them to purposefully lose? No.
At that point in time do you really think we would have taken Luck? Or would we have done the same exact thing?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At that point in time do you really think we would have taken Luck? Or would we have done the same exact thing?

I think we would have taken Luck. Don't think Fisher and Snead would have been willing to pass on that. My guess is that we would have flipped Bradford to the Skins or Browns and taken Luck. I can't say for certain, though.

FrankenRam

Starter
Roberson continues to flash lots in every game he plays, but also gives up plays from time to time. You have to wonder if that is mostly due to youth and inexperience. He has already improved a great deal. It makes you think that with more growth and development get could be a very solid starting corner. The dude was touted as having top 50 talent in the draft, but injuries saw him passed up. With us getting E.J. Gaines back next season, I'd be comfortable letting one of Jenkins or Johnson go if their contract demands are unreasonable. I'd much prefer to keep both. But not at the cost of a contract that handcuffs the team's cap situation.

As I recall, Roberson also got dinged for being a less than enthusiastic tackler coming out of college. And from what he showed last year, that criticism was warranted.

But overall, I agree with your sentiment that he's shown much improvement this year....even though he whiffed badly on a tackle on that long pass play that would have put the Lions inside the Rams 10, but was fortunately called back for a bogus chop block penalty.

(Side note....interesting to note not all the bad, completely bogus calls go against the Rams. They got an absolute gift on that one.)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Man there's a lot of personal insults and sarcasm in this thread. Is that allowed now, because I thought calling people freaking dipshits and so on wasn't allowed.

No it's not allowed. It ticks me off. I've posted about this several times in this thread but some members are stubborn as a mule and don't care. Then if we warn or ban members, they go to other sites and accuse the mod staff of making everyone walk in lockstep and stepping on their 1st amendment rights. It's frustrating and baffling, especially after a win.

Btw how come there were zero mod reports yesterday? The membership needs to do its part as well.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
As I recall, Roberson also got dinged for being a less than enthusiastic tackler coming out of college. And from what he showed last year, that criticism was warranted.

But overall, I agree with your sentiment that he's shown much improvement this year....even though he whiffed badly on a tackle on that long pass play that would have put the Lions inside the Rams 10, but was fortunately called back for a bogus chop block penalty.

(Side note....interesting to note not all the bad, completely bogus calls go against the Rams. They got an absolute gift on that one.)
It seems like Williams and Fisher know how to teach secondary players to hit and tackle effectively.

FrankenRam

Starter
It seems like Williams and Fisher know how to teach secondary players to hit and tackle effectively.

I have to wonder how much is coaches teaching and how much of it is just the player's 'want to'. I mean heck, most of these guys have probably been playing football most of their young lives. And it seems unlikely their pro coaches are the first ones to teach the fundamentals of same....which ain't rocket science.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I have to wonder how much is coaches teaching and how much of it is just the player's 'want to'. I mean heck, most of these guys have probably been playing football most of their young lives. And it seems unlikely their pro coaches are the first ones to teach the fundamentals of same....which ain't rocket science.
I don't know... I think there's a definitive upgrade once you get to the pros, and I think a lot of it is no longer being able to get by on your natural talents, beating inferior talents. Seems like Roberson could have aced his way through HS and college trying to be Deion Sanders - all cover, no tackle - and would have had to learn the hard way (being undrafted when he's got at least 2nd-round talent) that tackling is necessary in the NFL unless you are Neon Deion, which nobody is.

I will say, Fisher being a former secondary player himself, I will give him all the credit in the world for helping mold the excellent secondary we now have. Especially if you look back to the Josh Gordy/Rod Hood era of corners.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Very good game yesterday, Rams played well and snapped the losing streak.

The block in the back call on Cunningham on Austin's TD return was bullshit.

As for people saying it hurts our draft spot, who cares? How has drafting high worked for us in the past? I'd much rather see wins, if this team wins the next 3 to finish 8-8 I'll be happy, that would still be our best record in 9 years!! Yeah it would probably keep Fisher's job but I'm not opposed to that either. Let's do this again against Tampa.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Hey, Mike Mitchell. I seem to remember you jumping up and down when you ruined Bradford's knee.
Seriously, man, don't be a Mike Mitchell. Only tools celebrate injuries.

Nah. Wrong. Bzzzzz! (buzzer sound for wrong answer)
I don't celebrate any Ram injuries.
I'm only happy with Seahawks and Patriots injuries. And that's only for certain players on their teams. Not all of their players. Excuse me, I need to get back to celebrating a much weaker Seahawks offense, and also keep wishing for a Russel Wilson injury. Woo hoo! (massive celebration sounds in the back ground)

ps- notice I did not call you a name like you called me? I don't want to attack a fellow Ram fan.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tavon with some nice running in first and half and the taken away TD, again!
Gurley looked great in second half. Offensive line just has to give him a little daylight.
Aaron Donald is the man!T.
Johnson made play of the game.
Rams got lucky on the chop block that shouldn't have been a penalty.
Not sure if Boris was better or Lions are not very good.
Good summary, IMO.

I'll add Marquez... he seems to be coming along nicely... except for that critical fumble on the on-sides. He's a kid.

And... our MVP: Hekker!

Haven't paid much attention to Tampa this year... but they have a better record than Detroit, so, there's that.

Season is done but we can learn from each game... what I hope they learned most from yesterday is to not abandon the run... Gurley gets better as the game goes along.

NOW... having said that, the Rams were never behind in this game, so it was easier to stick with the run. It's when they get down by 10 or more that we see the real problem:
They can't make a comeback and beat teams with the passing game.

I've been pretty positive here... so I'm getting one shot in!!
Robinson... man, he looks bad... if anything, he may be regressing.

(wonder if the Mods saw that... :ROFLMAO:;))

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
It's a game dude, and Thomas Rawls has done nothing to you or anyone else to warrant you cheering for his injury. These guys put their bodies on the line for your freaking entertainment so show some respect. How would you feel if Gurley broke his ankle and Seahawks fans starting cheering? Grow up.

I would feel absolutely terrible if Gurley got injured. I'd more than expect Hawks fans to cheer at such an injury. I'll ask you the same specific question that you denied answering though:

Are you ok with the Seahawks going to 3 straight super bowls? Is that your wish?

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Also, I'd like to clarify.
I am NOT supporting the Rams throwing games purposely. If they can win out, great. It builds a little confidence. (but that confidence ALWAYS fades to nothing by training camp next year so it's not very important)
But since we're out of the playoffs this year (again) and a higher draft pick is definitely better than a lower, I will not be upset at losses from here on out this year.
There's a difference between me wanting them to try to lose, and not being upset if they play hard but still lose. I'm never a supporter of throwing a game.

FrankenRam

Starter
I don't know... I think there's a definitive upgrade once you get to the pros, and I think a lot of it is no longer being able to get by on your natural talents, beating inferior talents. Seems like Roberson could have aced his way through HS and college trying to be Deion Sanders - all cover, no tackle - and would have had to learn the hard way (being undrafted when he's got at least 2nd-round talent) that tackling is necessary in the NFL unless you are Neon Deion, which nobody is.

I will say, Fisher being a former secondary player himself, I will give him all the credit in the world for helping mold the excellent secondary we now have. Especially if you look back to the Josh Gordy/Rod Hood era of corners.

Of course it's a new level, and there are refinements pro level coaching can teach.....getting leverage, taking the best angles, etc. That goes w/o saying. But tackling still boils down to 'want to' on the players' part. Heck, I never played anything but backyard, neighborhood ball w/o a lick of coaching of any kind, and even as dumb as I am, I could figure out a way to get someone on the ground.

Last yr, Roberson just didn't seem to have that 'want to'. But that seems to have changed this yr, and he's become a decent tackler. And more so than anyone 'coaching him up', I'd hazard a guess that he's grown up and realized if he wants to keep earning that nice NFL paycheck, there were aspects to his game he needed to improve. Does good coaching help...no doubt. But it's not the most important factor.