Offensive success next year still runs through Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Keeping Sullivan healthy is going to be necessary, but the left side of our O-Line is flipping from a net deficit to a net credit, and taking into account Havenstein's injured status and overall confusion over whether Robinson plays at RG or RT, I believe we can expect the right side of the OL to also show big improvement over 2016. Depending on how well Kromer can get thru to Robinson, his position can grow from good or right up to exceptionally better. Saffold, our best OLineman over the years finally gets to play between two very good vets, which can only enhance his already solid game. On top of this, giving Gurley a legitimate FB only makes him a bigger threat. For Goff, he must feel like he won the lottery, gaining an all-pro in Whitworth, moving on from a turnstile at Center to a solid vet, and then gaining a FB known for his excellent pass protection, ... what a change in atmosphere. I'm not one who usually puts much stock in rookie receivers getting immediate results, but this year could just change that line of thinking, acquiring guys with especially good hands and catching radius along with solid route running skills should make a quick impact. Both Goff & Gurley received early Christmas presents, so lets see what they can do with them. jmo.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I hope they get Gurley (or another RB) more involved in the passing game. Good teams utilise their RB's in the pass game. Just look at the Super Bowl and offenses like the Saints or Pats.

One of the reasons Lance Dunbar was brought in.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Goff needs to prove to me that he can read defenses and make the right audible. If he does that and the o line stays healthy this team can be very competitive . I am not worried about Gurley, last year he just couldn't get it going behind the line of scrimmage, can't see that happening again with a real offensive mind running the team

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Goff needs to prove to me that he can read defenses and make the right audible. If he does that and the o line stays healthy this team can be very competitive . I am not worried about Gurley, last year he just couldn't get it going behind the line of scrimmage, can't see that happening again with a real offensive mind running the team
I've been singing this tune for a while. But Goff was very good at the line as a rookie. He didn't have a single delay of game. That tells me he has control and knows what's going on.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I've been singing this tune for a while. But Goff was very good at the line as a rookie. He didn't have a single delay of game. That tells me he has control and knows what's going on.

He'll also be receiving 95% of his snaps with the first team offense this camp year, building real chemistry with his boys.