Off the bandwagon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
This is what Fisher wants! To break this brotherhood apart causing everyone to go mad. Looks like he is succeeding in that aspect. Well I hope this is just a temporary episode. I enjoy your posts, and thank you for your ROD contributions. See you soon.
2278517_o.gif

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Hate to see you driven away because of negativity or anything else man. You are the reason many of us joined here in the first place. But, you gotta do what you gotta do and I support that. Hope to see you back again soon Paulie. Place is never the same without you here.

-BW

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it man. In my relatively young life thus far, like most on here, I have almost devoted my life to the Rams and football in general. Then a few weeks ago, something strange happened.

I got married on October 22nd, and that weekend:

Ohio State lost for the first time
Rams lost to the Giants
All 3 of my fantasy football teams got beat down

And guess what? I didn't even care. I married my soul mate that weekend and the football didn't even phase me. Put things into a whole new light for me.

Watching the Rams feels more like an obligation to me lately. Helps to really prioritize your life.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was speaking for myself in my comment about board participation as a vent outlet. Ram lock.

I thought that was obvious.
The bolded is what I take exception to. This board should not be viewed as a place to vent. I think that is what he was referring to, It doesn't much matter if you are speaking for yourself.

Not his fault.only hears mumbles on account of where his head is.
This is not going to stand here. The most fundamental rule here at ROD (as stated many years ago by Paul himself) Make it about the post - not the poster.

I don't want this thread to become about who caused Paul to want to leave. That really isn't his point. He's taking a break and wanted people to understand why. That's all.

Cheers to you Paulie. We'll keep a light on.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I got married on October 22nd, and that weekend

Congratulations!

Ohio State lost for the first time
Rams lost to the Giants
All 3 of my fantasy football teams got beat down

I can top that:

Was ill during the whole week of our honeymoon(in Maui)
Our plane almost crashed while landing in Honolulu(dishes flying, people screaming, etc.)
Got pre-skin cancer while laying on the beach

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I had noticed you being a little more "snippy" than usual. I always appreciated your glass half-full approach , even though it was not always the way I saw things. Winning cures all, so hopefully the team can get it's shit together and we can all get back to being in a better mood with each other and especially at home with our loved ones. Lord knows I have been an irritable prick at home with these losses mounting, and it should not be like that, ever.

Thanks for being a stand-up dude, X.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There really isn't any such thing as a Rams bandwagon anymore. lol. That thing dumped all of its passengers in 2007. It's not about jumping on or off that jalopy. I'm just off the message board circuit until such a time that the team is doing much better, and then maybe I'll jump back on if or when that time comes. Or not. I'm putting way too much of my time into this thing, and it's just not paying the kinds of dividends I want (though I am stupid with fat stacks of ROD cash). And there are too many ways to experience joy without introducing negativity into the equation. So I think ima just do that. The wife will dig it too, but she'll have to sacrifice 3 hours every Sunday, because ... RAMS.

This is just my hang-up, not anyone else's. I get it. We're not winning and it's all (insert whoever)'s fault. And I understand the soon to follow retort of, "What's there to be happy about? Should we all sit around and sing Kumbaya together? We're 3-5!" No, you shouldn't. You should be able to express your frustrations freely without having me jump in and try to teach you about life or any number of things I do that push the boundaries. I just wanna have fun (please, no Cyndi Lauper references), I wanna be happy, and I don't wanna fight with anyone anymore. In an epiphany of sorts, I've realized my struggle stems from continuously trying to make people see things through my lens, and that's not only selfish, but also presumptuous. And by pushing that on you, constantly, and without invite, it's making me become the guy I don't wanna be when you push back. Anyway. I've apologized to a couple of you personally already, but I'll extend that out to whomever else I might have offended recently as well. I'm sorry that I insinuated your feelings were wrong or that you're not doing this whole fandom thing the right way. You're grown men with your own personalities and coping mechanisms, and I should have respected that instead of railing on you for it.

But yeah. I'm not gonna rage-quit on ya like most people do when they've reached their limit. Just gonna fly solo for a while. It's the only fair thing to do for you ... and for me. But you know me. I can't leave without one final act of defiance. lol. So I'm gonna leave you with this quote from one of my favorite authors, Thich Nhat Hanh, with the hope that it resonates even a little. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” . Now be good to the board, and to your buds. The dudes who run it now try really hard to set this place apart. Help them realize that goal, yeah? Thanks.

peace.gif

Paulie
vidsbyx@gmail.com - if you wanna be pen pals. :shades:
giphy.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The bolded is what I take exception to. This board should not be viewed as a place to vent. I think that is what he was referring to, It doesn't much matter if you are speaking for yourself.

This is not going to stand here. The most fundamental rule here at ROD (as stated many years ago by Paul himself) Make it about the post - not the poster.

I don't want this thread to become about who caused Paul to want to leave. That really isn't his point. He's taking a break and wanted people to understand why. That's all.

Cheers to you Paulie. We'll keep a light on.
This^!!!! And I have faith that, at the appropriate time he'll be back saying ....

New Info.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wonder if I can make a really bad bet for him. Hmmmmm....:cool: Yeah... probably not.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate to steal X's thunder, but I didn't feel like it was worth creating another thread. I'm going to take a break as well. I'm very frustrated with the Rams right now, and it seems like my message has gotten stale. I'm just beating a dead horse. I'm not setting any timetable. It could be a week to cool off, or it could be longer. I don't know. But I'm going to take a hiatus for now. Nothing I say will change what's happening here.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
tumblr_njskw8Feiz1td9opyo1_500.gif

another fisher casualty?
Hope u b back soon jrry.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Personally I'm Not going anywhere! The Team Needs Fan support threw thick and thin, Win or Lose! ROD is where to show it! Do what ever make you Feel is best for you!