Oboronkwo eligible to come back in two weeks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Pros

• Great first step. Consistently explosive off the snap.
    • Good agility and flexibility around the corner.
    • Good closing burst to make tackles.
    • Relentless pass rusher.
    • Constantly disruptive behind the line of scrimmage. 29 tackles for a loss, 17 sacks, and 5 forced fumbles in his last 16 games.
    • Capable of dropping in zone coverage on running backs. 5 passes defensed in the last two years.
Cons

• Needs to continue to get better with his hands and disengaging from blockers.
    • Can get overwhelmed by larger blockers, particularly in the run game.
    • Only two years of significant production.
    • Limited in man coverage.
    • Frame appears maxed out.
They say his 4.77 second 40-yard dash might not be terribly impressive compared to some of the edge rushers who have come into the NFL in the past few years, but his 38-inch vertical and 10’1” broad jump put him in the the 90th and 80th percentiles of NFL EDGE defenders. Combined with his low center of gravity and long arms, and Obo can be a handful for blockers when he is turned loose as a pass rusher. As a result, Obo was consistently fighting through double teams and chip blocks -- when offenses didn’t play away from him all together.

Height 6' 1⅝"
Weight 253 lbs
Wingspan 80¼"
Arm Length 33¾"
Hand Size 9"
10 Yard Split 1.65s
20 Yard Split 2.76s
40 Yard Dash 4.77s
Vertical Jump 38"
Broad Jump 121"
3-Cone Drill 7.09s
20 Yard Shuttle 4.34s
Bench Press 27 reps

Guess we will have to wait till this below ER is fully healthy. Snead & Wade have utilized a good amount of draft slection that were available to them in the 2017/2018 draft s on Edge Rushers now. Wade got Samson Ebukam in the 4th last yr & converted DE Matt Longacre. This draft Snead got four for Wade ...Franklin-Myers 4th rd./ Ogbonnia Okoronkwo in the 5th rd/ Trevon Young 6th rd /Austin Lawler 7th rd. So we have the numbers here but no experience.You have to think that by playoff time these rookie edge rushers will get enough playing time to help this defense out in the playoffs.

We need our elite edge rusher, and Obo can grow into that role.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love the pick but im going to be tapping the brakes for expectations this year
THIS x10

Given the success of our coaching staff/FO I understand the excitement and inflated expectations but this is a 5th round rookie coming off an injury having never played an NFL snap...don’t look for him to come in and solve our edge problems day one. Not saying he won’t be good because I see the talent but let’s pump the brakes.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
THIS x10

Given the success of our coaching staff/FO I understand the excitement and inflated expectations but this is a 5th round rookie coming off an injury having never played an NFL snap...don’t look for him to come in and solve our edge problems day one. Not saying he won’t be good because I see the talent but let’s pump the brakes.
good to see you again NJ

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
good to see you again NJ
You too man...back on our pre deployment schedule so my free time is little to none but don’t worry I’m always lurking ....just usually too mentally exhausted for formulate coherent thoughts lol

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
One thing for sure, he fell in the draft due to the injury, not his ability. In time we could have a real bargain. My questions are has he been able to add more playing power, what is his weight and stamina? Has he worked on hand placement, setting the edge and so forth...