Oboronkwo eligible to come back in two weeks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Just to make sure I understand this correctly, he can practice without counting against the 53 man roster during week 7 and 8 and then they can still choose to active or put on ir in week 9?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just to make sure I understand this correctly, he can practice without counting against the 53 man roster during week 7 and 8 and then they can still choose to active or put on ir in week 9?
He can begin practicing week 6. The Rams then have up to 3 weeks to put him either on the 53 man or IR. He's currently on the PuP list which doesn't take a roster spot.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Interesting. Didn’t realize you could practice without being activated to 53. That’s cool I guess

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting. Didn’t realize you could practice without being activated to 53. That’s cool I guess
That's the 3 week roster exemption. He can't practice right now I believe but when he's eligible to come off PuP he can practice. Once they put him on a game day roster though he has to be on the 53 man roster. Or vice versa has to be on the active roster before he can be active.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We’ve got some good players due back from injury soon, Talib later as well.

We’re playing well... and have these in our pocket.

We haven’t played our best ball yet, potentially.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Pros

• Great first step. Consistently explosive off the snap.
    • Good agility and flexibility around the corner.
    • Good closing burst to make tackles.
    • Relentless pass rusher.
    • Constantly disruptive behind the line of scrimmage. 29 tackles for a loss, 17 sacks, and 5 forced fumbles in his last 16 games.
    • Capable of dropping in zone coverage on running backs. 5 passes defensed in the last two years.
Cons

• Needs to continue to get better with his hands and disengaging from blockers.
    • Can get overwhelmed by larger blockers, particularly in the run game.
    • Only two years of significant production.
    • Limited in man coverage.
    • Frame appears maxed out.
They say his 4.77 second 40-yard dash might not be terribly impressive compared to some of the edge rushers who have come into the NFL in the past few years, but his 38-inch vertical and 10’1” broad jump put him in the the 90th and 80th percentiles of NFL EDGE defenders. Combined with his low center of gravity and long arms, and Obo can be a handful for blockers when he is turned loose as a pass rusher. As a result, Obo was consistently fighting through double teams and chip blocks -- when offenses didn’t play away from him all together.

Height 6' 1⅝"
Weight 253 lbs
Wingspan 80¼"
Arm Length 33¾"
Hand Size 9"
10 Yard Split 1.65s
20 Yard Split 2.76s
40 Yard Dash 4.77s
Vertical Jump 38"
Broad Jump 121"
3-Cone Drill 7.09s
20 Yard Shuttle 4.34s
Bench Press 27 reps

Guess we will have to wait till this below ER is fully healthy. Snead & Wade have utilized a good amount of draft slection that were available to them in the 2017/2018 draft s on Edge Rushers now. Wade got Samson Ebukam in the 4th last yr & converted DE Matt Longacre. This draft Snead got four for Wade ...Franklin-Myers 4th rd./ Ogbonnia Okoronkwo in the 5th rd/ Trevon Young 6th rd /Austin Lawler 7th rd. So we have the numbers here but no experience.You have to think that by playoff time these rookie edge rushers will get enough playing time to help this defense out in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Pros

• Constantly disruptive behind the line of scrimmage. 29 tackles for a loss, 17 sacks, and 5 forced fumbles in his last 16 games.
    • Capable of dropping in zone coverage on running backs. 5 passes defensed in the last two years.

Sounds like our guy!

I did not watch him at OU.

Short

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Guess we will have to wait till this ER is fully healthy
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo

Pros

Cons

• Needs to continue to get better with his hands and disengaging from blockers.
    • Can get overwhelmed by larger blockers, particularly in the run game.
    • Only two years of significant production.
    • Limited in man coverage.
    • Frame appears maxed out.
They say his 4.77 second 40-yard dash might not be terribly impressive compared to some of the edge rushers who have come into the NFL in the past few years, but his 38-inch vertical and 10’1” broad jump put him in the the 90th and 80th percentiles of NFL EDGE defenders. Combined with his low center of gravity and long arms, and Obo can be a handful for blockers when he is turned loose as a pass rusher. As a result, Obo was consistently fighting through double teams and chip blocks -- when offenses didn’t play away from him all together.

Height 6' 1⅝"
Weight 253 lbs
Wingspan 80¼"
Arm Length 33¾"
Hand Size 9"
10 Yard Split 1.65s
20 Yard Split 2.76s
40 Yard Dash 4.77s
Vertical Jump 38"
Broad Jump 121"
3-Cone Drill 7.09s
20 Yard Shuttle 4.34s
Bench Press 27 reps

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's always been eligible to start practicing after week 6. Have the Rams said anything about whether he actually will?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not going to expect huge impact on the rush when he missed so much time. Just get him back and let him provide some depth, and hope he starts to figure things out by season's end.

I think he's going to be a very good player for us, btw. Just might end up being down the road. I'd love to hear what Joe Barry thinks of his grasp of the defensive scheme though.

Rainram

Starter
I'm not going to expect huge impact on the rush when he missed so much time. Just get him back and let him provide some depth, and hope he starts to figure things out by season's end.

I think he's going to be a very good player for us, btw. Just might end up being down the road. I'd love to hear what Joe Barry thinks of his grasp of the defensive scheme though.

Yea...he’s missed a lot of time. Even if he’s on point mentally with the schemes and responsibilities and everything...which is a big “if”...he still has to get back in football shape physically.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yea...he’s missed a lot of time. Even if he’s on point mentally with the schemes and responsibilities and everything...which is a big “if”...he still has to get back in football shape physically.

Yeah, there's that.

One good thing is that there's room in Wade's D for a DPR or designated pass rusher who's only job is "find QB, kill QB"