OBJ

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
They needed that just to get under the cap for the 53 man roster + PS.
We had $7.5M in space, then we created another $2M with that move. I figured part of that $9.5M was going to an OBJ contract but idk.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We had $7.5M in space, then we created another $2M with that move. I figured part of that $9.5M was going to an OBJ contract but idk.
That went to accounting for the PS/PUP/IR/Suspended players when the roster ruled changed. We have a bit under $2 million right now.

RamWoodie

Legend
It would be nice...NOT hanging my hat on this though. I'll stay in the "if it happens, it'll be great" category.

MachS

Hall of Fame
That went to accounting for the PS/PUP/IR/Suspended players when the roster ruled changed. We have a bit under $2 million right now.
Damn okay so we'll need a subsequent move to free up more space for the OBJ contract.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Damn okay so we'll need a subsequent move to free up more space for the OBJ contract.
According to over the cap...
Screenshot_20220905-080323_Chrome.jpg

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams can easily afford OBJ this year. The question is will another team pay/guarantee him for a lot more cash/years.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The Rams can easily afford OBJ this year. The question is will another team pay/guarantee him for a lot more cash/years.
It's next yr I am worried about. He wants a long-term deal. They are up against it next yr cap wise.

Could probably restructure Ramsey & Floyd...but they will not have much space available.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's funny that whenever I see the title of the thread, OBJ, my mind initially sees UFO.. Hopefully, OBJ will be more real than seenig little green men doing weird things to @Merlin

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I can see them doing the same next yr with Ramsey & Floyd.

They are in better shape than thr numbers indicate because they do have contracts that can be tweaked.

Was looking at the Eagles and they have a number of contracts of aging players like Cox & Kelcie that will cost them big cap hits when they retire. This is likely Kelcie's last yr, yet if they release him next yr they take a $10M cap hit. With Cox it's a $6M cap hit. With a very mediocre Derek Barnett it's another $10M if they move on from him.

So the Rams can stretch things another yr it seems, but they will likely only be able to keep one of their own next yr Gaines or Robinson I would assume....if they add OBJ.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Already on those tracking sites.
Yes I'm aware of that.
.. sometimes those tracking sites aren't accurate or don't have the entire picture that said still done for a reason. Some sites last month had the Rams 7 million under but regardless I'm sure with this front office there is a method to the madness.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
1. Sportrac has the Rams at 5.2 basically and I think that pre Higs
2. Otc has them at about 3 million cap space again I assume pre Higs

I have no clue wts accurate wts not and lesser cred turf show times as of July 19 had the Rams at 7.5 cap space.

Nobody really knows but the Rams lol

dang

Legend
1. Sportrac has the Rams at 5.2 basically and I think that pre Hits
2. Otc has them at about 3 million cap space again I assume pre Higs

I have no clue wts accurate wts not and lesser cred turf show times as of July 19 had the Rams at 7.5 cap space.

Nobody really knows but the Rams lol
I found Spotrac to be more currrnt/accurate

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes I'm aware of that.
.. sometimes those tracking sites aren't accurate or don't have the entire picture that said still done for a reason. Some sites last month had the Rams 7 million under but regardless I'm sure with this front office there is a method to the madness.
Last month they were 7 million under the cap. Then the 53 man roster hit and things that weren’t counted are now counted.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yeah no worries there. not like they protect the most important rams' asset. one link broken in the o-line chain and everything suffers.
Our OLine depth won't be out there protecting Stafford. They'll be on the sidelines cheering for the starters.