OBJ talk???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
So just for fodder or more fodder to hold us over til Sunday night......OBJ is in meetings he wants his release and has been a model citizen has asked over and over privately without shenanigans til yesterday when his pop and bestie LeBron spoke up.

No we took a chance with DJ and he burnt us and toe was foolish and selfish for doing so.

We all know for a fact OBJ wants to be in LA but I'm sure he would take the whiners if he had to. Rams Chargers first choice more than likely what he dreams about always has.

So my question if he indeed was released and contacted the rams and understood he wasn't going to be the guy and took pennies on the dollar would anyone take that since we been worrying somewhat about depth after DJ left etc.?????

Now me if the stars aligned:

-Money right
-No shenanigans
-Understands he a part of a team "we not me"
(Fixed lmao)

I'm saying id be on board. The depth and ability it provides us unreal. He wants to be here or in California and he has been on his best behaviour in a place he supposedly despises.
Mcvay has a knack for corralling these types as well as the organisation.
He would be our Antonio Brown and AB was way nuttier than OBJ.

What say you?

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tell him he's a backup and if he's cool with that, then yep.

But I can't see him coming here to get LESS targets than what he'd get in Cleveland

MadGoat

Mathematically alive

-Money right
-No shenanigans
-Understands he a part of a team "me not we"
If the Rams FO vetted him and got him here on a one year deal, I'd be OK with it. Like the AB example, he'd be one more thing defenses had to worry about. Heck, I'd even make him the punt returner if he's really all-in.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Why would they cut him and take on $16M in dead cap? Doesn't make sense. They'll try to trade him again after the season I bet.

If for some reason they did, then of course I bet we're the favorites to land him.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the Rams FO vetted him and got him here on a one year deal, I'd be OK with it. Like the AB example, he'd be one more thing defenses had to worry about. Heck, I'd even make him the punt returner if he's really all-in.

If I remember correctly he did return punts for the giants I know it was eons ago but seems like he just wants to contribute. He wants LA and while the chargers should be all over it maybe they don't want to expose their young qb in case it blows up. His heart has always been with the rams. However if neither LA team steps up I could definitely see whiners grabbing him right up.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
chris-tucker-friday.gif

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Why would they cut him and take on $16M in dead cap? Doesn't make sense. They'll try to trade him again after the season I bet.

If for some reason they did, then of course I bet we're the favorites to land him.

He was sent home today they in closed meetings right now and players were told as of now he is not on the team by coach Stephanski. For sure though I see what you mean but who knows.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
So just for fodder or more fodder to hold us over til Sunday night......OBJ is in meetings he wants his release and has been a model citizen has asked over and over privately without shenanigans til yesterday when his pop and bestie LeBron spoke up.

No we took a chance with DJ and he burnt us and toe was foolish and selfish for doing so.

We all know for a fact OBJ wants to be in LA but I'm sure he would take the whiners if he had to. Rams Chargers first choice more than likely what he dreams about always has.

So my question if he indeed was released and contacted the rams and understood he wasn't going to be the guy and took pennies on the dollar would anyone take that since we been worrying somewhat about depth after DJ left etc.?????

-Money right
-No shenanigans
-Understands he a part of a team "me not we"

I'm saying id be on board. The depth and ability it provides us unreal. He wants to be here or in California and he has been on his best behaviour in a place he supposedly despises.
Mcvay has a knack for corralling these types as well as the organisation.
He would be our Antonio Brown and AB was way nuttier than OBJ.

What say you?

You mean “we not me?” ;-)

MachS

Hall of Fame
He was sent home today they in closed meetings right now and players were told as of now he is not on the team by coach Stephanski. For sure though I see what you mean but who knows.
I saw that but why would they cut him and take a $16M cap hit? Why not trade him after the season to get something back.

They can "excuse" him from the team because he's now a problem and distraction so he doesn't play in any more games, but that doesn't mean they're going to release him.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I saw that but why would they cut him and take a $16M cap hit? Why not trade him after the season to get something back.

They can "excuse" him from the team because he's now a problem and distraction so he doesn't play in any more games, but that doesn't mean they're going to release him.

I agree but most of the scuttlebutt is to be released. Now quick question can they waive him and see if a team takes his salary. Obviously that likely leaves the rams out but is that the way it works?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They wouldn't likely cut him they'd do what the Texans are doing. Gameday inactive the rest of the year and do us a favor don't even show up to practice. He gets paid they don't have a headache at practice or on the sidelines on gameday.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'd rather have Koski as our return guy... someone who wants that job and isn't a potential locker room issue. We just got rid of one of those.

Now if he wants to earn vet minimum and block for Koski on our return team and he's good at it.... wellllll....

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
He's not even good anymore. No

No

Nooooooo

I definitely don't think he is not good anymore. Just not for Cleveland but I guess only time will tell. O think he just needs a fresh start. Won't be here as they continue to say he will be placed on waivers but you still need 8 million to claim him. So for anyone that doesn't want him more than likely no need to worry. I am curious though if you tell a team don't claim me I won't play what happens if you clear then are you free to go wherever??? Maybe you know?