OBJ not 100%?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, they've been trying to get him a deal for quite a while now and lets face it, teams arent dumb. KC can move on from a Tyreek Hill without a hitch and conversely Green Bay sorely needs WR support for Rodgers. All the while OBJ is out there
But is he, really?
Seems like they've been trying too hard to draw interest, even tried competition between rivals. Sounds more and more like he'll be out the rest of the year. Dallas doesnt need him, and the Giants tailspin is taking them out of playoffs and more importantly back to reality

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Normally when guys are rehabbing they release videos of workouts and strengthening drills. We saw that with Akers etc.

Has anyone seen anything of OBJ out there, like that? Maybe it exists and I haven't seen it.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Normally when guys are rehabbing they release videos of workouts and strengthening drills. We saw that with Akers etc.

Has anyone seen anything of OBJ out there, like that? Maybe it exists and I haven't seen it.
I haven’t seen anything like that coming from him.

Pretty much confirms why he is no a Ram, he isn’t ready and is not worth the money they were trying to sell damaged good for.

Pretty sure if he had kept his head down and worked for it, the Rams would have been interested in a deal that paid what he is worth now. Not what his fantasyland wishes want.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I've seen videos of him lifting and stuff. No football related drills though.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Actually this is a blessing in disguise for OBJ. Clearly he and his agent have been pushing to maximize his value, but by not getting picked up by a team he in fact may end up having a longer career by getting totally healthy for a full training camp next season thus extending his career much much longer.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually this is a blessing in disguise for OBJ. Clearly he and his agent have been pushing to maximize his value, but by not getting picked up by a team he in fact may end up having a longer career by getting totally healthy for a full training camp next season thus extending his career much much longer.
Not a silver lining at all. Going in to his age 31 season as a FA, coming off missing an entire nfl season does not bode well for his contract desires.
If he doesnt get a gig that gets him on the field this season/post season, he then goes in to '23 likely on a "prove it" deal.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Not a silver lining at all. Going in to his age 31 season as a FA, coming off missing an entire nfl season does not bode well for his contract desires.
If he doesnt get a gig that gets him on the field this season/post season, he then goes in to '23 likely on a "prove it" deal.
Malibu is talking about career longevity, not contract size. Won't mean anything if OBJ rushes onto the field and ends his career bc he wasn't fully healed. If he is forced to wait, he may end up having to take a "prove it" deal, but he may then very much be able to prove it and get a larger co tract afterward.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It would have been more of a surprise for me to actually see him playing meaningful snaps for any team THIS SEASON. His injury happened in February.

He and his camp have made it clear that he is looking for the best LONG-TERM contract offer since before Week 1 this season. There might be a team out there who is willing to give him a LONG-TERM contract offer in his current condition... but that team either has a real working crystal ball or they are just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.

Too much risk attached to that knee for a high dollar LONG-TERM contract to be offered right now if you're asking me. But hey... desperadoes throw common sense out the window all of the time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Malibu is talking about career longevity, not contract size. Won't mean anything if OBJ rushes onto the field and ends his career bc he wasn't fully healed. If he is forced to wait, he may end up having to take a "prove it" deal, but he may then very much be able to prove it and get a larger co tract afterward.
Without a contract, there is no longevity
Going in to an age 31 season as a FA off 2 ACL surgery means there is no career longevity at this point, its about grabbing a paycheck

Flint

Pro Bowler
This is an interesting cat and mouse game, OBJ said the rams didn’t make a real offer, clearly they and everyone else wanted to see if he was healthy. The cowboys tried to make a splash by bringing him in and kind of hung him out to dry when he wasn’t ready. He was hoping someone would get jumpy and sign him but there don’t seem to be any takers.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Anyone who signs him without his undergoing some fairly stressful drills to prove he's 100%, ... then buyer beware.
When I heard that OBj had been dancing up a storm at McVays wedding several months back, I saw this as a good sign for his rehab, but this dog & pony show he's putting on isn't fooling anyone. Still, I hope he fully recovers for the 2023 season, and if so, I'd certainly welcome him back to the Rams with a team friendly contract. jmo.

dang

Legend
Anyone who signs him without his undergoing some fairly stressful drills to prove he's 100%, ... then buyer beware.
When I heard that OBj had been dancing up a storm at McVays wedding several months back, I saw this as a good sign for his rehab, but this dog & pony show he's putting on isn't fooling anyone. Still, I hope he fully recovers for the 2023 season, and if so, I'd certainly welcome him back to the Rams with a team friendly contract. jmo.
Agreed but at something like 2 years/$10m with incentives. Tutu, Kupp, Jefferson, OBJ doesn’t sound too bad. With Skow at TE.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
It would have been more of a surprise for me to actually see him playing meaningful snaps for any team THIS SEASON. His injury happened in February.

He and his camp have made it clear that he is looking for the best LONG-TERM contract offer since before Week 1 this season. There might be a team out there who is willing to give him a LONG-TERM contract offer in his current condition... but that team either has a real working crystal ball or they are just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.

Too much risk attached to that knee for a high dollar LONG-TERM contract to be offered right now if you're asking me. But hey... desperadoes throw common sense out the window all of the time.
I recalled that there was hope that OBJ would be available for this years playoffs.

Not anything for the season because of such a late season injury.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Agreed but at something like 2 years/$10m with incentives. Tutu, Kupp, Jefferson, OBJ doesn’t sound too bad. With Skow at TE.

I'd likely try to trade Van Jefferson if OBj returns, but Van's value has slipped a good deal this year, I'm hopeful that over these next 5 games that he can get his shit together and bounce back. Kupp, Robinson, OBj, Tutu, Skow, Powell & a later round draft pick sounds fine by me for next year.
I also look to trade Higbee for some CAP savings & a draft pick, use our current high 3'rd round pick on a TE, and go with Hopkins, the draftee & Roger Carter. 2023 may also be Hopkins final year as a Ram being he'll be entering free agency following the season, so better to see what he's got now to decide whether he's a cheap re-sign, or more likely, someone who possibly improves enough to bring us a decent 2024 compensation pick. jmo.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Contractually maybe but longevity for sure what if some desperate team in need of WR help signs him and he is not fully healed and he gets hurt again which maybe career ending. Stay the course get 100% better than decide.