OBJ - 2 TD's in 3 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I just wanted to point out that OBJ now has 2 TDs in 3 games as a Ram. He had no TDs this year in Cleveland. You know he's got to be feeling it. Come playoff time he should be well into the playbook. If he's going to be dangerous that is when it will be. Kupp, Jefferson and OBJ with a dose of Higbee and Benny Sko is not a bad thing at all come playoff time.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I just wanted to point out that OBJ now has 2 TDs in 3 games as a Ram. He had no TDs this year in Cleveland. You know he's got to be feeling it. Come playoff time he should be well into the playbook. If he's going to be dangerous that is when it will be. Kupp, Jefferson and OBJ with a dose of Higbee and Benny Sko is not a bad thing at all come playoff time.
If he can get his back healthy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I do think he's gotta finish his routes better but man does he look like a nice pickup for us. What's he gonna be in this offense when he's got his timing down with Stafford and knows the playbook? Hoping we get to find out with a big playoff run. :startstruck:

TexasRam

Legend
Rewatching the game i noticed his ability to run smooth routes and get separation. Similarities to Kupp there but probably a bit more deep speed as well. He also can really block.

I think the ceiling is really high with what he brings. Not to mention he appears to be a great match for Staffords deep ball ability.

Once they get in synch with the playbook it could really be what we need for the playoffs. Assuming all the other issues get addressed. Ball security, run/pass balance, Sony leading the way and the defense getting the scheme fixed.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The offense has 5 more weeks to get it together and I really think this week was a good start…. And I think they’ll get there.

I’ll try not to overreact, either way, after this week’s Cards game.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Imagine if we still had Woods! The WRs would be insanely hard to defend.

OBJ has surprised me. I am extremely pleased with his play to date.

In particular, I am shocked by the level of separation he is getting. I thought those YouTube clips of Baker missing him while wide open were just cherry-picked moments. Every NFL WR could create a decent enough highlight film. But man... now I am starting to wonder just how much Baker was holding this guy back.

OBJ's running style is also silky smooth - much more than I noticed when he was in NY. He also adds speed and a deep threat that we lack. Van Jefferson is similar in the deep threat aspect, but I don't trust his hands nearly as much as I trust Beckham's. Van seemingly has at least 1 bad drop her game. He's JAG due to his inconsistency, IMO. A nice depth piece that can make some catches for you, but will also commit drops. You never know what you will get with him on any given target. He's a solid WR to round out your roster in the salary cap wolrd, but expendable.

So far, the attitude concerns have proven to be completely meritless. He is fitting in great. Though if Robert Woods was still around, and OBJ was consequentially splitting WR3 targets with Van Jefferson, I do wonder if things would be playing out differently. That is the one thing giving me pause to re-signing OBJ beyond this season. But overall, if he is affordable, I'd love to ink him to another 1 year deal.

We also haven't see what he can do when fully healthy. He arrived with a gimpy shoulder and has since picked up a back injury. Of course, his durability has become a concern in recent years, so a dinged up version of OBJ realistically might be what any suitor just has to plan for.

In theory, OBJ's recent years being pedestrian should result in his contract being smaller than one might think. I wonder if he would sign here on a reasonable, one year "prove it" deal. I'd be all for it. It's anyone's guess. OBJ has a huge personality, and might well be inclined to chase every dollar - which, of course, he has every entitlement to do. If you put your body (and brain - CTE) on the line every week, I don't think anyone can fault you for milking every cent out of what can be a very short career.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Rewatching the game i noticed his ability to run smooth routes and get separation. Similarities to Kupp there but probably a bit more deep speed as well. He also can really block.

I noticed this too. I was actually quite surprised by it, pleasantly so. I expected him to be strong in these areas but he looks even better than that. Let's hope he can keep up the excellent form. Small sample size. And one of his opponents was JAX.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I think the ceiling is really high with what he brings. Not to mention he appears to be a great match for Staffords deep ball ability.

Once they get in synch with the playbook it could really be what we need for the playoffs. Assuming all the other issues get addressed. Ball security, run/pass balance, Sony leading the way and the defense getting the scheme fixed.
Yeah and his hands are special too man. He can make some tough catches look real easy. Just has to trust the play call/read and be where he's supposed to be and everything will start happening for him.

We'd be effed right now if the Rams hadn't added him tbh. No way we'd do shit with just Kupp and Jefferson out there. I like Jeff and all but he is still ascending, so we need that third threat to get the matchups.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Imagine if we still had Woods!

toy story cup GIF

dang

Legend
He’ll be even better if his back heals. He’s not able to high point yet. I like his grit so far!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, waiting on the trust to kick in with Stafford. I hate seeing a WR looking for DBs more than the ball. I get it but that’s going to have to change in the crunch. We are all in!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I doubt that OBJ would be at all interested in a one year deal.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I was very skeptical and still expect the disruptions aren’t far behind if this game don’t go his way.

If they can fit him in and production continues to be good maybe they’ll all work together for a few years and we’ll be pleasant surprised.

So far so good but as others have said, it’s still early.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would love for him to stay in LA! That's based off his short time with us for sure but he's been a good guy to date which is all we really have to go on. It's possible to a multi year deal with a minimal cap hit in 2022 and it growing in following years. Trust in the Rams front office to get it done.

Really looking forward to him getting healthy and more in synch with the rest of the offense though.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1468257412981276675?t=23aLV9jVOC1qpH-q3rDzYg&s=19

This was pretty cool all around. Bobby Trees is class and OBJ might have matured a lot seems to be well liked by past teammates and now current.

I'd love OBJ back and I think he will definitely want to be back I said way before when that thread was started peace serenity and home might just get him to play football and that's it now a baby on the way he probably wants everything to stay as is. Also not sure if I hear correctly but Trees probably won't be ready for start of next season.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1468257412981276675?t=23aLV9jVOC1qpH-q3rDzYg&s=19

This was pretty cool all around. Bobby Trees is class and OBJ might have matured a lot seems to be well liked by past teammates and now current.

I'd love OBJ back and I think he will definitely want to be back I said way before when that thread was started peace serenity and home might just get him to play football and that's it now a baby on the way he probably wants everything to stay as is. Also not sure if I hear correctly but Trees probably won't be ready for start of next season.

That's seriously amazing. I love this wide receiver group from the top down; that includes Harris, and even Atwell has the potential to surprise me. OBJ certainly has been a surprise to me; I thought it would be a bad pickup. Silly me. That's why, while I will question the front office at times, they're usually right, and I'm usually wrong.

MachS

Hall of Fame
OBJ needs to stay in LA.
Havent seen this posted yet, but Salary Cap expected to go up to $208M. That's $26M more than this year in 2021. We have the Gurley and Goff $ coming off the books. I also suspect Whitworth retires as he turns 41 this week and its time Noteboom gets the LT job. Not to mention a Stafford extension clears up $11M in space. Sooooo we will likely have $50M-60M in space to sign OBJ, Von, and a couple other studs if we want.

View: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1467516937706029068?s=20