Oak may be a drakhorse in a trade down

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OhioRam

Rookie
To get QB JM he sell a lot of tickets in Oakland and they sit at number 5

duckhunter

Starter
Nothing against you Ohio but this is getting weirder and weirder and we've only just begun.

I've got to check my blood pressure and take some more medicine.

I'm skipping beats on more than one level.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
He has had a stud OL and a stud receiver in Evans his whole career. How many times has he just thrown jumps balls in the air to Evans? In the nfl those are INTs all day

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
. I see that, don't get me wrong the kid has talent. I just don't see him translating to the nfl. Let the browns pick him at number 4. They will just be looking for a new qb in two years like they are doing now with Weeden
Oh, don't get me wrong either. I'm not championing Manziel. It's just the way it is every year. QBs are the hot commodity for teams that don't have that guy on the team, and they'll overspend to get one. Even if it means over-reaching in the draft as well. We can only hope that all of these QB's stocks rise exponentially after the combine and their subsequent pro days. That makes our spot (thanks Snyder!) much more valuable.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
Oh, don't get me wrong either. I'm not championing Manziel. It's just the way it is every year. QBs are the hot commodity for teams that don't have that guy on the team, and they'll overspend to get one. Even if it means over-reaching in the draft as well. We can only hope that all of these QB's stocks rise exponentially after the combine and their subsequent pro days. That makes our spot (thanks Snyder!) much more valuable.
You make a great point. And I would love for a QB needy team to trade us 2 first rounders for our number 2 pick. It would be like Christmas all over again :) and if it was someone like Cleveland or Oakland atleast we know we would have another high pick the next year lol

V3

Hall of Fame
He has had a stud OL and a stud receiver in Evans his whole career. How many times has he just thrown jumps balls in the air to Evans? In the nfl those are INTs all day

I don't know. Watch some tape on him. There were plenty of times where his line didn't protect him or the WR's didn't get open and JM had to run for his life and he'd create something out of nothing. He reminds me A LOT of Romo in that regard. An added plus is that he doesn't choke like Romo. From what I've seen of him, his only downside is his size and perhaps ego but sometimes that's a good thing for a pro athlete.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The weather is a little different back home in CLE (don't miss it lol) than it is in the south.

But if they want him let's hope Snead fleeces them!

OhioRam

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If rams trade dowm with Cleveland I just don't see them getting more than a 3rd this year and first next....maybe 2 2nds..now oak or another tem may be willing to give up more

SC-Ram78

Rookie
I don't know. Watch some tape on him. There were plenty of times where his line didn't protect him or the WR's didn't get open and JM had to run for his life and he'd create something out of nothing. He reminds me A LOT of Romo in that regard. An added plus is that he doesn't choke like Romo. From what I've seen of him, his only downside is his size and perhaps ego but sometimes that's a good thing for a pro athlete.
I have watched tape. So you don't think his arm strength is a down side? And romo is not a good comparison. Romo has and elite arm and JM doesn't. That's all there is to it

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

I don't want all of them to rise because that means some teams may be willing to wait. I want TWO to rise exponentially, and the rest have shitty pro days. That way teams would feel like they HAVE to trade with us.

iced

if lovie smith goes to the bucs, it's either them or cleveland, imo, for a trade down..especially if mcdaniels goes to cleveland..

lovie's defense has always been predicated on getting pressure with the front 4 - there's your clowney trade. peppers in chicago is a good example.

mcdaniels and qb's, nuff said lol

V3

Hall of Fame
I have watched tape. So you don't think his arm strength is a down side? And romo is not a good comparison. Romo has and elite arm and JM doesn't. That's all there is to it

The link to Romo was in terms of his ability to ad lib when things break down and his escapability. That's all I was comparing the two on. His arm might be a little bit of an issue but it wasn't an issue in the SEC and it's full of NFL CB's. Plus arm strength can be helped to an extent. I kinda see him arm being similar to Brees. Brees' arm is not that strong. I personally think arm strength is overrated for QB's in the NFL. You need some strength but accuracy is WAY more important. He has shown pocket presence in college and the tendency to keep his eyes down field, which is also important.

I think that if JM can get the mental side of the NFL down, he'll be a solid QB. I think the physical abilities are good enough to succeed. I'm not sure he'd be elite but solid- assuming he can "get it".

moklerman

Warner-phile
if lovie smith goes to the bucs, it's either them or cleveland, imo, for a trade down..especially if mcdaniels goes to cleveland..

lovie's defense has always been predicated on getting pressure with the front 4 - there's your clowney trade. peppers in chicago is a good example.

mcdaniels and qb's, nuff said lol
You don't think McDaniels would give Hoyer a chance at the job?