O Line Love

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
Your starting left tackle is out, you shuffle the line and come out firing with a solid run game and pass protection. Your center gets hurt so you shuffle the line again and yet still run well and pass protect well too. Great job by those guys today.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Your starting left tackle is out, you shuffle the line and come out firing with a solid run game and pass protection. Your center gets hurt so you shuffle the line again and yet still run well and pass protect well too. Great job by those guys today.
Nice post.

It's impressive what this team and staff have accomplished over the past 3 games, on the heels of that 3 game losing streak. They circled the wagons and got these wins against very good teams.

Can't have been easy to come out and beat these teams with all these fucking interruptions in preparation. Hats off to all involved and yes to the OL as well who really overcame some shit today.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ya i mentioned this in the game thread... 160 yards rushing and 0 sacks.
Well two of those INTs should have been sacks (worst case) but yeah they did a good job. :laugh2:

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I didn't see the first half but the second half it seemed like my guy Alaric Jackson held his own. Am I accurate?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't see the first half but the second half it seemed like my guy Alaric Jackson held his own. Am I accurate?
He played well. I had thought it was his guy who hit Stafford on the underthrow INT to Jefferson deep (Jefferson had them beat). But it was actually Shelton's dude.

For a young guy like that thrown in there, yeah, homey had a damn good game. :thumbsup1:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty damned impressive since the Vikings I think led the league coming into the game in sacks. To shuffle that much around and end with Jackson at LT that was just a damned good performance and good coaching by Carberry, really liking that hire as I think we all are.

Downside I can't see us paying Allen, he has had a good season just can't seem to stay healthy unfortunately.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Pretty damned impressive since the Vikings I think led the league coming into the game in sacks. To shuffle that much around and end with Jackson at LT that was just a damned good performance and good coaching by Carberry, really liking that hire as I think we all are.

Downside I can't see us paying Allen, he has had a good season just can't seem to stay healthy unfortunately.
I see them bringing him back on an inexpensive deal and Shelton as well. But... maybe they'll also draft someone.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll take the sack over the catastrophic int.

i'll take throwing it away over a sack. that first one in particular, there was no reason to throw that to a player. just send it over the sideline.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
i'll take throwing it away over a sack. that first one in particular, there was no reason to throw that to a player. just send it over the sideline.

Nod Yes GIF by Captain Obvious

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
We have our alternate Pro Bowl Center go down and the next man up Shelton doesn't miss A beat.

Pretty damn amazing.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
2 practices in 14 days. No telling how many times they shuffled the line with guys on and off the C-list. Incredible how well they did moving 3 guys today after Allen went down.

Keep pounding the Rick behind these guys and let them beat down the opponents.

Props to Carberry and all these big men.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
All this adversity along the OL, has me geeked up knowing we have some depth. I guess McSnead were right not to draft some OL. I guess I was wrong. Happily wrong reflecting back now.

Shelton showing some chops, could he be a shrewd OC replacement if we need to trim the cap fat????

Psycho_X

Legend
Shelton and Jackson both showing we've got a lot of promise hiding on our roster so that is exciting. Hopefully we don't have to see them again this year though. But definitely helps some offseason needs if those two continue to develop. Was a great game by all considering Whitworth was a last minute issue and Allen going down early.