O-Line cuts throughout the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
about 4 teams either did not provide a list of cuts OR their website hasn't been updated yet.

Cardinals: (G) Dorian Johnson (note: 4th rnd pick this draft) , (G) Cole Toner

Falcons: (OT) Adreas Knappe

Ravens: (G) Maurquise Shakir

Bills: (G) Greg Pyke, Cameron Jefferson

Panthers: (OT) Blaine Clausell, (C) Brian Folkherts

Bears: (G) Cyril Richardson, Will Poehl, (OT) Brandon Greene

Bengals: (OT) Eric Winston

Browns: OG- Jon Greco

Cowboys: (G) Kadeem Edwards, (C) Ross Burbank, (G) Dan Skipper, (G) Nate Theaker ; other notable cut: DL- Joey Ivie

Broncos: (G) Cameron Hunt, (OT) Justin Murray, (OT) Michael Chofield

Lions: (OT) Storm Norton ; ( other notable cut; TE- Scott Orndoff (Pitt)

Packers: T. Evans, G. Gray, A. Pankey, K. Amichia

Texans: (G) David Quesenberry, Chad Slade

Colts: (G) Adam Redmond, Terran Vaughn, OT) ANdre Wylie, (OT) Fahn Cooper

Jaguars: Avery Gennesey, Chris Reed

Chiefs: Joseph Cheek, (OT) Josh James, Damian Mama (USC), MIke Person (Ex-Ram), (G) Andrew Tiller

Dolphins: (T) Sam Young

Vikings: (G) WIllie Beavers, TJ Clemmings, Alex Boone, (G) Zac Kerin, (T) Austin Shephard

Patriots: Jamil Douglas, James Ferents, Ted Karras, (T) Connor McDermott (UCLA), Max Rich

GIants: (OT) Adam Bisnowaty (Pitt), Jon Halapio, Jarron Jones

Jets: Alex Baloucci, Chris Bordelon, Ben Braden, Javarious Leamon

Raiders: (OT) Kareem Are, (OT) Chauncey Briggs

Steelers: (C) Ruben Carter, Ethan Cooper, (C) Kyle Friend, (OT) Brian Mihalik, (OT) Jake Rogers

49ers: JP Flynn, Darrel Williams Jr

Bucanneers: (G) Josh ALlen, (G) Jarvis Harrison

Titans: Tyler Marz, Josue Matia, (OT) Steven Moore, (OT) Jonah Persig, Brad Seaton

Redskins: (C) LUcas Crowley, (G) Kyle Kalis, (OT) John King, (G) Aurie Kouandijo, Isiah Williams

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd take a long look at Adam Bisnowaty. Can play right tackle and both guard positions.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd take a long look at Adam Bisnowaty. Can play right tackle and both guard positions.

Just some of the quotes about him from Giants fans. It seems he wasn't good at all at tackle or guard.

Did you...you know...watch Bisnowaty at all? He was beyond terrible. He's a draft pick so I'm sure we'll put him on the PS but I don't even think that's worth while, that's how bad he was.

whys this getting downvotes? the guy was straight up bad.

Yeah, watching PS games is tough because they put them on whenever they feel like it. I'd say Bisnowanty was the worst lineman on our roster. He may have made strides but he's clearly over matched athletically.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of the names on that list we know are bad or have seen them be bad. I don't know enough about a lot of them to comment but I'd trust in Kromer and McVay. Some names on there were high profile draft picks that were speculated a lot around here but we don't know how most of those looked in camp.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just some of the quotes about him from Giants fans. It seems he wasn't good at all at tackle or guard.

Ah. I see. Then perhaps Jamil Douglas? He's a favorite of mine from a while back (2015). Drafted by the Dolphins in the fourth round.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/09/giants_swallow_pride_make_right_call_by_cutting_6t.html

Giants swallow pride, make right call by cutting 6th-round pick Adam Bisnowaty

By Dan Duggan

dduggan@njadvancemedia.com,

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Give Giants general manager Jerry Reese credit: He recognized a mistake and addressed it swiftly.

The Giants waived Adam Bisnowaty on Saturday, just four months after the team traded its sixth- and seventh-round draft picks to the Titans to move up seven spots in the sixth round to select the offensive lineman out of Pittsburgh.

General managers are typically reluctant to give up on draft picks so early, but the Giants are hoping Bisnowaty clears waivers on Sunday and returns to the practice squad. It seems unlikely that a team will claim Bisnowaty and put him on its 53-man roster after watching the 6-foot-5, 310-pounder struggle mightily this preseason.

Bisnowaty worked almost exclusively at right tackle this offseason, but his long-term future may be at guard after he appeared overmatched by the speed of NFL edge rushers.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ah. I see. Then perhaps Jamil Douglas? He's a favorite of mine from a while back (2015). Drafted by the Dolphins in the fourth round.
I browsed the names and don't know many of them so won't speculate. There are the guys we all talked about heading to drafts like Cyril Richardson. Just don't know how they did in camps. Most of these guys are ones that were drafted 2 to 3 years ago so getting cut isn't the best sign now. A lot of the others are like Boone and Winston who are older and injured. As I said I'll trust others and Kromer on the subject.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Irv's nephew or grandson or something? hehe
Just that last name got me thinking of those old Rams O lines and how good they were.

But here we are scraping around for other people's cuts with questions on our O line. :D

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Are any of these guys significantly better than what the Rams just cut? Then consider how many weeks it would take them to get up to speed. With the demand for quality Oline a backup level lineman is worth a 6th round pick.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Great post @8to12

I'd start at teams with STRONG O-Lines...

Titans, Steelers, Dallas...

hell, I like this #66 for Bama tonight....

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
John Greco could be claimed, he's 32 and has experience starting while also allowing Donnal to be a tackle backup, which IMO, is Donnal's best position (RT). Be a stop gap until next years draft, but if Greco had to start at LG or RG, I would be okay with that, however, Greco did have Lisfranc Surgery last season FWIW.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Are any of these guys significantly better than what the Rams just cut? Then consider how many weeks it would take them to get up to speed. With the demand for quality Oline a backup level lineman is worth a 6th round pick.
Sad but true.

We need to find a scout that specializes in finding stud O linemen.

Many O lineman in college are very under coached.
A scout that can recognize a guy that can be coached up would be incredibly useful to our turnaround.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Austin Howard was released earlier by the Raiders.
Very solid RT.
His issue is health.
If he is healthy (keeping in mind the Rams kept Donnel) I would think about picking him up.
If healthy I would think he would end up playing at RT sooner instead of later.
It would also allow either Hav or Brown to start at RG.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Austin Howard was released earlier by the Raiders.
Very solid RT.

It would also allow either Hav or Brown to start at RG.

Howard was okay at RT and I'm not sure if the Rams claim anyone, they will end up starting, but Howard does have starting experience and when healthy would offer another option, although I still feel Andrew Donnal's best position is RT.

fearsomefour

Legend
Howard was okay at RT and I'm not sure if the Rams claim anyone, they will end up starting, but Howard does have starting experience and when healthy would offer another option, although I still feel Andrew Donnal's best position is RT.
Howard has been a very solid RT and has a lot of experience, don't know how healthy he is however.
I think either of them would/will end up replacing Havenstein at RT.
Hav woukd then go inside like they wanted originally.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think either of them would/will end up replacing Havenstein at RT.
Hav woukd then go inside like they wanted originally.

I guess I'm more confident in Havenstein at RT. In 2015 he did not give up one sack and last season his ankle was an issue, which limited his mobility. He only had the hiccup against Bosa, who is one of the best DE's in the game. Again JMHO, but unless Brown is an epic fail at RG I don't see them messing with Havenstein again.

fearsomefour

Legend
I guess I'm more confident in Havenstein at RT. In 2015 he did not give up one sack and last season his ankle was an issue, which limited his mobility. He only had the hiccup against Bosa, who is one of the best DE's in the game. Again JMHO, but unless Brown is an epic fail at RG I don't see them messing with Havenstein again.
You could be right.
I hope so.
He just struggles with speed rushers. I know the year one sack stat. Doesn't mean he wasn't beaten, he was. He would either just get a hand and push them out half a step or the QB would step up in the pocket.
I think he was solid in year one....no small accomplishment for a rookie....and bad last year. The injury certainly played a roll.
I don't see a ton of push from him in the running game either. I think the guy is half a step slow at RT.
Like I said, I hope I am wrong.
Would love for Hav and Brown to develop and have this line locked in and great for the next couple years.
I just don't see it overall. Will be watching them closely game 1.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I guess I'm more confident in Havenstein at RT. ....unless Brown is an epic fail at RG I don't see them messing with Havenstein again.
Understood.
I guess it would depend on whether they find a Guard or a Right Tackle on the scrap heap.

Either way I think it was good to train Havenstein at Right Guard.