Nsimba Botching TD Return, Runs Into Punter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
My take is that Webster is shifty, but he lacks burner speed, and he knows it.

If Webster trusted his speed, he would just have kept burning to his left. But he doesn’t, so he felt he had to make an extra juke or two. So the punter blew him up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
punters always try to tackle but usually the punt returner passes them with ease.

the punter didn't have the angle on him, he was standing there flat footed. one step and it's all over.

he did all the hard work to create a td opportunity then screwed up the easiest part of the return.

If Obo makes a block, Webster walks in to the end zone

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Webster looked like he was gone to the house.

I counted 6 plays where if the Rams didn't blow it to the Jets' favor they could've won. But looking back to what ifs isn't my style. It's just that I don't remember this many opps being blown in the last quarter in the many years I was aboard the Ram train. Though my memories/trivia/history blacks out during the forgotten Linehan-Spaggs years in which it more than likely happened.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
In a game like that there are numerous plays that woulda made a difference. The biggest disappointment was why we needed one to make a difference against an 0-13 team.

dang

Legend
In a game like that there are numerous plays that woulda made a difference. The biggest disappointment was why we needed one to make a difference against an 0-13 team.
How do the Rams only score 3 points in the first half? I didn’t watch the game but I’d like to know what others saw!!

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
How do the Rams only score 3 points in the first half? I didn’t watch the game but I’d like to know what others saw!!
An overwhelmed OL a nervous/scared QB an offense thats timing was thrown off and recievers that were dropping passes. Plus conservative plays being called.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
An overwhelmed OL a nervous/scared QB an offense thats timing was thrown off and recievers that were dropping passes. Plus conservative plays being called.
In addition, there were several untimely penalties that lead to long down and distance and the Jets held the ball for half a quarter on their first drive
Think that sums it up

Tano

Legend
I put a review on the first 6 series in the vent thread

It was OL (Blythe ole blocks, Everett terrible block, and a couple penalties putting them in 3rd and long on almost every series)
Bad running plays putting it at second and long
McVay not calling roll outs (only 1 called and would have been a great play if Goff didn't underthrow and behind to get it intercepted) or jet sweeps or hurry up to change the flow
And a few drops by the receivers - one by Akers that would have put the ball at easily the 30 yard line or so of the Jets (maybe even gone inside the 10 possibly TD)

Below shows where the players are - Akers was running left and was just catching (dropping) the ball in this shot and the opponents were going in the other direction except for Reynolds man. A good block by Reynolds and Akers outrunning the others could have been a TD. Probably not but it would have been a huge gain.

1608663731001.png

Tano

Legend
4th and 4 shot - just wanted to show it

Goff is just about to throw it here

Kupp is right at the first down marker - maybe a little short of it

Everett has his man in single coverage and is going to beat him by a step (good throw and it is a TD)

Look at how Woods is breaking free

1608664107303.png

Tano

Legend
two open near first down, woods wide open in the middle and you throw it to brick hands
Yeah but I think Goff still has memories of his throw to Everett to beat KC a few years ago

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
two open near first down, woods wide open in the middle and you throw it to brick hands

if he placed the ball better it would have been a td. i'm not sure why goff is missing so many deeper passes. he used to throw those in his sleep.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Hurried/rushed yes. Worried his line won't give him time to make the play. Yes. Nervous/scared., NOPE. We have seen him stand in the pocket to long and get creamed. He ain't scared. Im not happy with his play, but he ain't ducking from hits.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Hurried/rushed yes. Worried his line won't give him time to make the play. Yes. Nervous/scared., NOPE. We have seen him stand in the pocket to long and get creamed. He ain't scared. Im not happy with his play, but he ain't ducking from hits.
And I cannot remember Goff one time throwing in the towel and limping off the field and we know he hasn't missed a start.

IMO, any nervousness Goff has shown has simply been apprehension that he doesn't want to make a mistake that would hurt the team, which is a good thing.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Yeah i agree. Hurried/rushed is a better way to describe him in that game.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
4th and 4 shot - just wanted to show it

Goff is just about to throw it here

Kupp is right at the first down marker - maybe a little short of it

Everett has his man in single coverage and is going to beat him by a step (good throw and it is a TD)

Look at how Woods is breaking free

View attachment 42171
Woods didn’t break free until he started his throwing motion. There was time to wait for him however.

Everett had a chance to make a play if he attacked the highest point. Instead he let it drop to him and the defender got a hand on it.