Nsimba Botching TD Return, Runs Into Punter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
In ready for the Webster experiment to be over. That was quite literally a game saving tackle by tht punter.

I hold my breath every time he fields a punt or KR. Hes all east and west and so loose with the ball.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You never know. For instance, if Corbett doesn't do the little grab maybe Akers scores anyway. Every close game comes down to little moves.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not for nothing, but it was a great return up to that point, he made a great play. The alternative could have been that he's OB at the 25

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
So the kicker wasn't trying to tackle Webster?

The kicker was just standing there and Webster ran right into him like he was invisible?

I think that was a hell of a return by Webster.

He avoided a lot of tackles and picked up 30 something yards.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The kicker was just standing there and Webster ran right into him like he was invisible?

He also made a great catch, fielded that ball right on the out of bounds line. He made a great return,should have been a shot in the arm for the team

Tano

Legend
He also made a great catch, fielded that ball right on the out of bounds line. He made a great return,should have been a shot in the arm for the team
It was a great return but damn it could have been a what if return if he just went to the left instead of the right.

I am not complaining - great run - just a what if play

I think it would have won us the game. I don't think the Jets score with them trying to pass instead of running to run out the clock.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Kicker was either great at positioning or Webster just sucked at picking an angle. Never got a clear look during game replay.
But if the Punter/Kicker makes the tackle you're usually the butt of many jokes.

In other words shouldn't happen.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kicker was either great at positioning or Webster just sucked at picking an angle. Never got a clear look during game replay.
But if the Punter/Kicker makes the tackle you're usually the butt of many jokes.

In other words shouldn't happen.
Webster made a great run, the issue was Obo was asleep and let the punter run right by. Webster isnt even considering him, Obo should have cleaned his clock. Instead the punter gets a free blindside shot. No WR stays upright there.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
This was just one of a dozen little things that could have won us the game so I wouldn't blame Webster at all for the job he did.

But I will never forget those two 3rd and 4 and 4th and 4 calls that McVay made when we actually had the game won or tied.

That's where we lost the game in my opinion.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Webster made a great run, the issue was Obo was asleep and let the punter run right by. Webster isnt even considering him, Obo should have cleaned his clock. Instead the punter gets a free blindside shot. No WR stays upright there.

I said the same thing to my roommate that the blocker whiffed

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
This was just one of a dozen little things that could have won us the game so I wouldn't blame Webster at all for the job he did.

But I will never forget those two 3rd and 4 and 4th and 4 calls that McVay made when we actually had the game won or tied.

That's where we lost the game in my opinion.

I was so he's going all the way then the tackle I was like WTF

Ellard80

Legend
well the positive was he finally had a couple good returns... but he isn't a very good return guy.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
well the positive was he finally had a couple good returns... but he isn't a very good return guy.

On that pay he took a juke move with 15 yards of clear space, I was saying just run it then he almost broke it, but wasted so much timeto get started

nighttrain

Legend
All i can say is, Calais must have hands of stone, or McVay is just against rookies playing to his own detriment
train
ps there were only two RB at combine with faster forty times than Akers, Calais was one of them

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

punters always try to tackle but usually the punt returner passes them with ease.

the punter didn't have the angle on him, he was standing there flat footed. one step and it's all over.

he did all the hard work to create a td opportunity then screwed up the easiest part of the return.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

This is what I noticed first time seeing. Obo's awareness was lacking.