NRR: Seahawks waive 2017 top pick McDowell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
https://www.seahawks.com/news/seaha...mcdowell-cornerback-deandre-elliott-sign-two-

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm seeing a lot of 2005 Rams with this current Seahawks team. Wilson is gonna end up getting Bulgerized soon.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Now I'm just waiting for Jimmy GQ fans to return to earth when he shows he's human and the whiners go 6-10.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Watching McDowell for a few games in college was enough for me to think he was rated way too high by draft analysts. I loved Seattle making him a first round pick. Just another wasted first rounder by John the Wizard Schneider.

…..

Legend
Thats why I never stress over our draft picks. It happens to everyone, but hell yeah its always better when it happens to a division foe.

You win some/you lose some. Been that way since forever.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't get it. Why is anyone celebrating this?

McDowell, a second-round pick out of Michigan State last year, was Seattle’s top pick in the 2017 draft, but never played for the Seahawks, the result of a head injury sustained in a vehicular accident last summer.

The dude had a head injury in a ATV accident.

I guess we can all a) pretend we were never young and thought we were invincible or b) expect that every young pro has the maturity of a septuagenarian Rabbi.

I'm glad the young man recovered and it's unfortunate that his career was derailed by such an unfortunate event.

I don't wish harm on anyone or celebrate the harm of anyone.

And yes, I prefer for our Rams to earn each victory against the other team's best. Injuries in the NFL are unavoidable. That said, I'll never celebrate a team not being at full strength.

Doing so intimates that our team can't compete on a level playing field. We know that's not the case.

I'm a diehard football fan, but a human first.

I hope the kid's okay. I hope he can play again. And if he ever plays the Rams, I hope he has a really tough day and gets nothing done as we stomp that team just like the last time.

To be clear, not accusing anyone. Just doesn't seem becoming to be happy about this. I'd rather he be pretty good and STILL kick their butts.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This is why Seattle is going to fall off. They have drafted horribly for years. Haven't picked a decent player since Wilson.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I think Pete Carroll really leveraged all his college experience early on and drafted like a mad man. Once that ran out, so did the amazing drafts and now the cupboard is nearly bare.

Had they not hit on Wilson, this is a team that's lucky to win a game.

Wilson turns an ankle that that team's winless. That is about as close to a fact gets without actually being a fact, methinks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I guess we can all a) pretend we were never young and thought we were invincible or b) expect that every young pro has the maturity of a septuagenarian Rabbi.

I'm glad the young man recovered and it's unfortunate that his career was derailed by such an unfortunate event.

And yes, I prefer for our Rams to earn each victory against the other team's best. Injuries in the NFL are unavoidable. That said, I'll never celebrate a team not being at full strength.

Doing so intimates that our team can't compete on a level playing field. We know that's not the case.

I hope the kid's okay. I hope he can play again. And if he ever plays the Rams, I hope he has a really tough day and gets nothing done as we stomp that team just like the last time.

To be clear, not accusing anyone. Just doesn't seem becoming to be happy about this. I'd rather he be pretty good and STILL kick their butts.

Nobody is celebrating McDowell's injury. But after years of having the Rams mired in bad rosters, it is nice to see the arrogant, haughty Seattle fans suffering the same fate. F the 12. I hope Seattle sucks for the rest of eternity.

…..

Legend

You forgot the syntax....

/Lecture

Its really more about the pic....doubt many read the article.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wilson turns an ankle that that team's winless. That is about as close to a fact gets without actually being a fact, methinks.

And if that happens then I can see Carroll resigning and riding off into th sunset. Then I would not be shocked if Owner Paul Allen went back to the college ranks and hired their next Head Coach. With Stanford's David Shaw and Washington's Chris Peterson being high on the list IMHO.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
He got cut because of a head injury in a vehicular accident...

You people jumping up and down about this should probably be a little ashamed of yourselves.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
He got cut because of a head injury in a vehicular accident...

You people jumping up and down about this should probably be a little ashamed of yourselves.
I was very happy to read the news. I didn't read the article though. Everything I need to know is that the Seahawks have already waited a second round pick from last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Show me one example of anyone celebrating his injury. Are we so PC now that we can't enjoy the Seahawks whiffing on a pick?

Jesus you two.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Firstly, where PC criticisms go isn’t a place the mods want us going. So don’t do that.

Secondly, I specifically said that there was no judgment. I just don’t get the happiness at this individual’s demise.

I get being happy that the Seahawks have drafted poorly in recent years and from a purely superficial standpoint that is understandable.

Lastly, it makes little sense to argue for something while discounting others’ ability to make even commentary on that argument. What I offered wasn’t even counter argument or commentary. I legitimately don’t understand.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
You forgot the syntax....

/Lecture

Its really more about the pic....doubt many read the article.

How is not understanding a lecture?

Also, why would people comment on an article without reading it? I truly don’t understand that.