Now what about the offense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Noooooo.

Give up far less for Scherff... I don't see a way that Washington keeps him and I can guarantee that we'd have to give up less for Scherff than hey gonna want for Williams.

If we get him on the cheap, just not as cheap because Cleveland is also involved, then I'm okay.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The offense is definitely in trouble. If they can't protect the QB, the season is wasted.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I think this proves that Snead is never done.

I think more is coming. Maybe not this week, but I think more is coming.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
what about Evans, we took him in the third round out of Oklahoma. Starter at guard for the Sooners he must have some talent
train

I like Evans, but he proved in the preseason that he's not ready to start. Edwards is far more polished. But if it came down to Evans and Demby, then hell yeah to Evans.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The offense is definitely in trouble. If they can't protect the QB, the season is wasted.

Agreed. Also, sometimes I think run blocking skill protects the QB as much as pass pro because it keeps the D off balance, and keeps things moving.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think this proves that Snead is never done.

I think more is coming. Maybe not this week, but I think more is coming.

Could very well be. I believe offers for Fowler, Brockers, Bortles, Christian and/or Reynolds would be looked upon favorably for the right compensation. Player for player trades or draft picks can prove very useful for us going forward.
The Rams have isolated their immediate needs by landing the big fish Ramsey, pairing him with Long & Hill while moving to a man 2 man from zone scheme. However slight the improvement may be in replacing the injured Noteboom for Corbett, there should still be some visible improvement at LG, if not a complete turnaround, and potentially discovering a long term ILB in Kenny Young to pair with Littleton that takes control from the overmatched rookie Troy Reeder, ... the Rams have addressed some big problems quite rapidly. The Rams have settled some questions, but the remaining sore spot is along the OL, so it will be interesting to witness how they resolve what may be our final major stumbling block between now and the trade deadline in two weeks, if they can. Either way, we are a better team today than we were yesterday, and that defense of ours is going to be something to behold very soon. jmo.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The only guys who are likely to be trade bait are Fowler and Bortles.

I still hold out hope that we resign Fowler...somehow...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I really don't think there's a market for him right now. I included him because he's a QB, but not because the market would be strong... unless a rash of injuries happened...

nighttrain

Legend
I really don't think there's a market for him right now. I included him because he's a QB, but not because the market would be strong... unless a rash of injuries happened...
a year with McVay has worked wonders for others, i wonder if anyone has watched him at practice
train
ps interest is kinda a given, has to be out there or no dice to anything

Memento

Name
Jemma

What about the Steelers? They're down to their third string quarterback, and it doesn't look like Rudolph is coming back any time soon.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I was just thinking about them and Bortles sure gave them issues before, but if they're gonna make a move, it'd cost them and I don't think they're gonna do that. Steelers tend to be pretty draft oriented, ESPECIALLY at the QB position. They didn't do well in FA and honestly, mid-season, I dunno that Bortles is who you want.

That said, if they offered a 1 or decent two, I'd be sorely tempted to take it...but there's no chance that happens.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I was just thinking about them and Bortles sure gave them issues before, but if they're gonna make a move, it'd cost them and I don't think they're gonna do that. Steelers tend to be pretty draft oriented, ESPECIALLY at the QB position. They didn't do well in FA and honestly, mid-season, I dunno that Bortles is who you want.

That said, if they offered a 1 or decent two, I'd be sorely tempted to take it...but there's no chance that happens.

They may not be concerned with draft picks; they gave up a first to the Dolphins for Minkah Fitzpatrick. In addition, the AFC is very weak, so they may consider themselves a quarterback short of competing this year - especially since they traded their 2020 first for Fitzpatrick.

nighttrain

Legend
i would take a third in a New York second, Bortles is gonna find a home somewhere they can pay him, Rams can't
train

Memento

Name
Jemma
As for Scherff, I was adamantly against him at number ten in the 2015 Draft, and I'm adamantly against him as a free agent or trade option. He's basically proved me right; he's an average guard who's a good run-blocker and a not so good pass-blocker. He's not the kind of player I go and spend twelve million plus on, nor is his presence as a rental enough to convince me to give up draft picks for.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
As for Scherff, I was adamantly against him at number ten in the 2015 Draft, and I'm adamantly against him as a free agent or trade option. He's basically proved me right; he's an average guard who's a good run-blocker and a not so good pass-blocker. He's not the kind of player I go and spend twelve million plus on, nor is his presence as a rental enough to convince me to give up draft picks for.

He's rated very highly, but the fact that they are apparently going after Williams instead of Scherff is pretty telling to me. some of it positional and some of it player based.

Memento

Name
Jemma
He's rated very highly, but the fact that they are apparently going after Williams instead of Scherff is pretty telling to me. some of it positional and some of it player based.

Do I need to pull up my scouting report from 2015? :p

Please don't make me do it; I defended Greg Robinson in some of my posts.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
McVay was the Redskin OC with Scherff and Williams. Perhaps he know their strengths and weaknesses?

This team has too much talent to languish in it’s current state. It’s early enough in the season to still point this in the right direction. Les has proven a bold trader. There’s a domino yet to fall. We will all remain anxious until it does