Now Terrell Lewis has a knee injury?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Okay it can't be that major then right? It's been almost a week.
Sounds like he's getting multiple opinions. Either play through the pain and swelling with limited snap and practice counts or get temporarily red shirted for three months for something similar to tendon surgery (pure speculation).

Josh Hart went through something similar on the Lakers where he played through the swelling for a bit, then got surgery when they were eliminated from playoff contention. It may be an option. Maybe Lewis doesn't think it's a big deal to play through the pain and the Rams are more conservative going through a long term look at his career.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like he's getting multiple opinions. Either play through the pain and swelling with limited snap and practice counts or get temporarily red shirted for three months for something similar to tendon surgery (pure speculation).

Josh Hart went through something similar on the Lakers where he played through the swelling for a bit, then got surgery when they were eliminated from playoff contention. It may be an option. Maybe Lewis doesn't think it's a big deal to play through the pain and the Rams are more conservative going through a long term look at his career.
Yeah I'd rather sit him for three months. I wouldn't gamble with his knee at all. Good insight.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I am guessing loose bodies floating around in there and now determining if he fights through it or they shut him down and clean it out.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Should have not gambled with Cushenbberry in the 3rd. IMO thats why we went Lewis. Trading a future 5th-6th to move up a few spots is all it would've taken.

Hoping for the best with him because I think he's our most naturally talented pass rusher. But he had as big of an injury red flag as anyone in the draft. Is that the risk you take in the 3rd round with huge holes at OL and ILB?

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Was on board with the pick and still am

That being said, I can’t help recalling Danario Alexander and the perceived similarities the two share, apart from DX went undrafted

Maybe we catch a break this time

Last edited:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

From a business perspective I would expect exactly the opposite.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
edge rusher was a glaring need.

But safer picks at other positions of need were there. Even other edge rushers. I've never liked the Rams picking the book or bust types before the last two rounds. Plus, they have a variety of OLBs that are better in their position than some of the ilbs and Centers on the roster

Ram65

Legend
Was on board with the pick and still am

That being said, I can’t help recalling Danario Alexander and the perceived similarities the two share, apart from DX went undrafted

Maybe we catch a break this time

The difference is DX has many many surgeries on his knee. As far as I know and I haven't seen any links to show TLew has had more than one surgery on his knee. He did have elbow surgery.

FrenchRams

UDFA
I hope it's nothing serious, because he has some potential and we need our defense to be fully healthy this season !

oldnotdead

Legend
What is troubling is the length of time it's taking for a diagnosis. The only other time I've seen this is with degenerative arthritis and a microfracture of some kind. Let's hope it's not microfracture which means he's gone for the season and perhaps it could be a career-ender depending upon the severity.

On the flip side this could open the door for Jonah Williams who has the prototypical size and speed to play DE. IMO Brockers is the most likely candidate to move inside to 1 T to replace Robinson who will or will not return this year. SJD proved to be a swinging door in the middle last year. Gaines is looking more like a 3 T as his best fit. The Rams also have Michael Hoecht who can play a 1T. He has the physical metrics, strength and the quickness to be a very good long term option to Robinson at NT.

Okoronkwo IMO lacks the speed and size to play OLB in a 3-4. They could move Ebukam into that outside spot opposite Floyd as well though it would open a spot at SAM. Okoronkwo lacks the size and speed to play at SAM but Williams does have those qualities though I'm not sure he's been coached up to play there.

As bad as this looks, and let's be clear it is a big loss, the Rams have options. This is turning out to be a very bad TC and off season for the Rams. But this roster is deep with talent albeit inexperienced. IMO Hoecht was signed to be the long term solution at NT to follow on after Robinson who IMO won't return. IMO it was an undisclosed injury which voids the contract and Robinson is no longer shown on the roster.

One thing about Hoecht is that his combine numbers were eerily similar to AD's. His physical metrics make him a perfect fit at 1T and his quickness will make him a mismatch for most centers. It's why I think the Rams made no move to replace Robinson.

One thing is coming clear to me. As good as I think this draft is, I think their UDFA signings are equally good.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I will be awaiting the final roster cuts & that's where we might see ER Terrell Lewis name come out. Rams making the NFL Official Injured Reserve designations.