Now it’s Gurley’s turn

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
With all do respect, who gives a fuck what Gurley thinks? We paid him early, very well and then he leaves and dogs on us.

Edit: not this time, but in past

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With all do respect, who gives a fuck what Gurley thinks? We paid him early, very well and then he leaves and dogs on us
When did he “dog” on us? He didn’t on the video I posted, but I didn’t see the other one..

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, nothing to see here. TG was very pragmatic if you ask me. The NFL IS, after all...... A BUSINESS.

dang

Legend
With all do respect, who gives a fuck what Gurley thinks? We paid him early, very well and then he leaves and dogs on us
Obviously we do because we read the post and responded. Nothing but respect for Gurley on this front. ED, Faulk, Jackson, Gurley. That’s quite a Mt Rushmore of Rams RBs.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not talking this incident. I'm talking ever since last season.

This wasn't, but speaking on his past words.
I understand, but everyone is allowed to blow off steam after getting “fired.” If he had been bad mouthing the club, he has a more mature attitude now. I’ll give him a little grace because of it...

Bearrister

Rookie
I understand for a lot of you that you could care less once a player leaves.
For me, it's s the people that make this game fun. Its their stories, their rise, their fall and sometimes their rise again. Without the personalities, might as well watch Madden simulations.

For me? Once a Ram, always a Ram and if I was a fan, I will support them going forward. ....unless I find out they are a terrible person or something.

I agree 100%. I don’t subscribe to the “I just cheer for team laundry” approach. If anything, As a fan base I’d rather we root and care for our former players because they’re Rams alumni - we should want them to appreciate their time here so they feel welcome to continue their association with the team in the future.

I’m a big Lakers and Dodgers fan (along with Cal football) and it’s always great to see past players take pride in their time with those teams.

Bearrister

Rookie
Found the interview. His comments are at the 5:50 mark. He doesn’t say anything bad about the Rams - if anything he takes a very business-like approach to the nature of the NFL and gives them credit for being decisive about moving on from a player rather than hold on too long.

View: https://youtu.be/t5WnHFG6Cqg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno what Gurley's market is, but I wonder if they could bring him back as a 3rd down back.

Even in his situation, he's got more pop than Brown and Gurley's always been nails in pass pro.

I mean, Cam Akers is the future, but I wonder what Gurley's market is gonna be. If he's unsigned for a bit going into free agency, I'd kick the tires on bringing back as a 3rd down back.

I watched his highlights from last year and while he's not cutting like he used to, he's still got a bit of pop.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings for him to come home and win a Super Bowl in the new stadium.

Not at all...

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I dunno what Gurley's market is, but I wonder if they could bring him back as a 3rd down back.

Even in his situation, he's got more pop than Brown and Gurley's always been nails in pass pro.

I mean, Cam Akers is the future, but I wonder what Gurley's market is gonna be. If he's unsigned for a bit going into free agency, I'd kick the tires on bringing back as a 3rd down back.

I watched his highlights from last year and while he's not cutting like he used to, he's still got a bit of pop.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings for him to come home and win a Super Bowl in the new stadium.

Not at all...
Much classier than the F you TG crowd

dang

Legend

Not at all...
Definition of Insanity: paying a player $8m to not play for your team then paying the same player to play for your team.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Definition of Insanity: paying a player $8m to not play for your team then paying the same player to play for your team.

We let him go even with a cap hit because it still saved cap space to move on and he wasn't going to be a franchise back anymore.

However, after last year, I think Gurley is crystal clear that it's a business and if he gets to FA and sees the league sees him as a 3rd down back/role player, then why wouldn't it be worth it to kick the tires?

He's nails in pass pro. Still.

He's still got pop if used sparingly.

He still runs really good routes.

I wouldn't pay him much more than we paid Malcolm Brown, but I was just floating the idea. He can be a runner in a pinch, still has a nose for the Endzone as a bigger back, still has a little pop which seemed to surprise teams playing Atlanta.

Not dying on this hill, but I find that possibility interesting.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Obviously we do because we read the post and responded. Nothing but respect for Gurley on this front. ED, Faulk, Jackson, Gurley. That’s quite a Mt Rushmore of Rams RBs.
Jerome Bettis???

The Ramowl

Starter
I think bringing back Gurley would make things weird.
I don't like that people shit on him, he's being respectful of the team and the coaches approach. He's been a great player for us until his production went down probably due to injury. I hate that mentality of "fuck whoever is not on the roster".
Best of luck TG, just please don't go to the 49ers, that would suck.

Psycho_X

Legend

I don't see anyway Gurley fits here anymore. But there are definitely teams out there that could use him. He's not a lead back anymore but he's always been a great red zone threat. He has a knack for finding the endzone so he'd have value to a team needing a 3rd back that can be used in down and goal situations. I don't know what Atlanta's cap situation is but I'd give him another one year contract for a couple million for that role there.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I know it doesn’t do any good to wish away things that already happened, but I wish Gurley could undo that play when he blew his knee out at Georgia. I can’t imagine what kind of career he would have had. He is supremely gifted.