Noteboom To IR With Torn Achilles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No.. I just think getting locked-in to narratives is counter productive.

Evans has sucked.

Players can improve.

Has he? Too early to tell.. but it’s not like players haven’t bloomed late before.
This is fair and I have been tough on Evans, but as I was watching the game against Carolina I started to think, Wow, he (Evans) has not giving up many pressures or sacks. Now I am a doubting Thomas and I need to feel the wounds, but maybe, just maybe, the light has go on for Big Bobby Evans, but again, I need to see him against San Francisco to make a proper assessment on improvement.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This is fair and I have been tough on Evans, but as I was watching the game against Carolina I started to think, Wow, he (Evans) has not giving up many pressures or sacks. Now I am a doubting Thomas and I need to feel the wounds, but maybe, just maybe, the light has go on for Big Bobby Evans, but again, I need to see him against San Francisco to make a proper assessment on improvement.
To be clear.. I have no idea if the light has gone on. He graded out better last week.. and I saw him get into the second level on some screen plays and get a body on guys.
But I have no idea if it means more than he had a decent game against a bad team.

I really hope it means the light turned on.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any offensive line gurus in here? Is a torn Achilles a death sentence for a left tackle?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a guru.. but that’s not the issue for me… it’s the volume of injuries.

If Jackson is very close? I move on from Noteboom.
Yeah I agree. But his money is a killer.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Is Alaric Jackson the left tackle that the Rams have been looking for this season?

Can Alaric Jackson be the Rams’ left tackle of the future?

By BlaineGrisak Oct 21, 2022,

Normally, I don’t read his stuff.. but I enjoyed the detail of this article,

I’m hopeful Jackson’s play isn’t a mirage.
If he’s the real deal, it changes so much, moving forward.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Is Alaric Jackson the left tackle that the Rams have been looking for this season?

Can Alaric Jackson be the Rams’ left tackle of the future?

By BlaineGrisak Oct 21, 2022,

This season yes, but the Bull in the china closet is Noteboom's CAP. Boom likely gets his job back as starter next year when healthy, although I could easily see him as 2024 trade bait. jmo.

Psycho_X

Legend
Not a guru.. but that’s not the issue for me… it’s the volume of injuries.

If Jackson is very close? I move on from Noteboom.
If Jackson finishes the year as strong as he has been in limited play then I'd keep Boom for depth because we don't really save anything by cutting him. Unless we can trade him for something useful it'd be better to have good depth. Then after 2023 we move on and give that money to Jackson.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Normally, I don’t read his stuff.. but I enjoyed the detail of this article,

I’m hopeful Jackson’s play isn’t a mirage.
If he’s the real deal, it changes so much, moving forward.
Yeah I think he's for real. The guy just seems mentally resilient and he's hard to move. But we're gonna have a real good idea after SF and Tampa. In roughly two weeks hopefully we're looking at LT as solved. He still might have the occasional poor game vs speed but if he can handle the big boys we're in business.

And if that's the case now we can sell out that 2nd rounder for this run, or maybe package it with the next year's 1st in the draft to go get a young edge in the draft. Assuming we still have that 2nd rounder of course which is not exactly likely lol. But still finding a LT as a UDFA is enormously valuable and will serve as an enormous short cut on the roster build/sustainment strategy.

I realize I'm getting way ahead of myself here btw. But Jackson is a big deal if he can fill that role.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sadly we will see him going up against the 9ers again.

Yeah, I have been rough on him too, however, he has 157 offensive snaps & remained in full health without injury when so many others have fallen. It would seem at this time that #71 is somewhat of an IRONMAN...wow who knew.

OT Havenstein 378 snaps.
OT Noteboom 325 snaps.
OT Jackson 312 snaps.
OC Kolone 188 snaps.

I also watched #71 in that Carolina game & I thought he had his best game since his rookie season. That's positive. #71 is not a physical blocker & his blocks are not strong but he is making more than he has missed as of late.

I would surmise since Chandler Brewer did not go into the game @ RG when Jackson took over LT indicates that Brewer is not going to be in the future plans @ OG as a Ram.

Just a reminder that #62 Kolone played primarily LG in college so when OC Brian Allen returns to start @ center against the 9ers, Carberry will have some choices @ LG. He can remain with #71 or insert Kolone who has started for Carberry or go with Matt Skura. Carberry likes #71 IMO & he will start @ LG.

After Injury Woes, Do Rams Have NFL’s Worst Offensive Line?

1666472386151.png