Not to make you feel old, but...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It jumped out at me...

The birth years of draft eligible players ranges from 1996-1999. There may be a few outside that range for various reasons, but that’s mostly the range.

Let’s use 1999, since that’s a nice marker around here...

NFL Draftee
1999 - Birth. Rams win SuperBowl. Clinton impeachment
2004 - Kindergarten. Meet the Fockers, Harry Potter era. Indian Ocean tsunami
2013 - Starts High School. Ray Rice incident. Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men, Captain America
2015 - Learns to Drives a Car. Adele “Hello” is popular, Seattle’s goal line fail vs NE

giphy.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw the Moon Landing...the first one. I remember what I was doing when the Beatles broke up. I remember the Watergate hearings, and wondered what the fuss was about a water park...

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I was born in 19 something and something and I can't remember if I took the meds, that I may or may not have taken 5 minutes prior.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Born in 1991. I still feel old; I'm the eldest of four.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Born in 1972
I know what this is

View attachment 34298
My wife worked at one (back in 1979 before we were married) and some crazy man called her and told her he was nearby and had a gun pointed at her and if she didn't start cutting off her hair (she had really long blonde hair) he was going to shoot her! She just called the cops and went home.

Ram77

Rookie
1977 Here. Some days I feel young and some days old. I just live vicariously through my 2 kids lol.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Born in '69

I worked at
1583769566122.jpeg
in Tempe,AZ. Remember that awesome place that was taking over the world until the internet, Napster and big box retailers came along and made them irrelevant?
[sad face]

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Born in '69

I worked at View attachment 34319 in Tempe,AZ. Remember that awesome place that was taking over the world until the internet, Napster and big box retailers came along and made them irrelevant?
[sad face]
I remember when the new "make your own" cassette tape booths came to Tower of Records & Books in my part of Sacramento. I was in one when Dwight Clark made "The Catch" and everyone went wild. I, of course, left home to waste time instead of watching my two hated teams play a playoff game, and I still didn't escape it!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I remember when the new "make your own" cassette tape booths came to Tower of Records & Books in my part of Sacramento. I was in one when Dwight Clark made "The Catch" and everyone went wild. I, of course, left home to waste time instead of watching my two hated teams play a playoff game, and I still didn't escape it!
Those listening booths were a revelation at the time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It jumped out at me...

The birth years of draft eligible players ranges from 1996-1999. There may be a few outside that range for various reasons, but that’s mostly the range.

Let’s use 1999, since that’s a nice marker around here...

NFL Draftee
1999 - Birth. Rams win SuperBowl. Clinton impeachment, 503 and Becky celebrate their 12th anniversary
2004 - Kindergarten. Meet the Fockers, Harry Potter era. Indian Ocean tsunami
2013 - Starts High School. Ray Rice incident. Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men, Captain America
2015 - Learns to Drives a Car. Adele “Hello” is popular, Seattle’s goal line fail vs NE

giphy.gif
FIFY
Born in '62 and we were still doing that

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Its only fair to add that Tower Records badly mismanaged itself when expanding in the late 90's, but that markets fate was sealed and doomed to death no matter what.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Born in '69

I worked at View attachment 34319 in Tempe,AZ. Remember that awesome place that was taking over the world until the internet, Napster and big box retailers came along and made them irrelevant?
[sad face]

Vinyl records & Tube amplifiers, those were the days you really felt the music ...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Vinyl records & Tube amplifiers, those were the days you really felt the music ...
True, not to mention the lost craft of the artwork on an album cover, back cover, sleeve etc.

I still have my Dad's vinyl purchase of Dark Side of the Moon, Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells and Gary Wrights Dream Weaver album.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
True, not to mention the lost craft of the artwork on an album cover, back cover, sleeve etc.

I still have my Dad's vinyl purchase of Dark Side of the Moon, Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells and Gary Wrights Dream Weaver album.

I still have a few crates of my old vinyl in storage, about 250 albums.
I once took a job pressing vinyl records somewhere on Santa Monica Blvd. in the early 70's when I was 20 or 21, only lasted a couple weeks because the 'tar' literally burnt the skin off my hand, and they wouldn't allow gloves for fear of scratches. The two old guys that worked next to me had hand callouses that must have been 1/2 an inch thick.
I can't remember the year, but sometime during the 70's they started stamping color art right into the vinyl and I purchased one with Linda Ronstadt, I never played it and keep it as an art 'treasure' that I won't part with.