Not seeing either Hill or Davis in horns next year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

if they spend a premium pick on a qb (first 3 rounds), then I don't expect them to get a notable QB in FA (like a cutler/glennon, etc).

I don't believe this team will carry 3 QB's - they didn't even do that after bradford went down. It wasn't until Hill and Davis were both ailing from something when they brought Keenum on board, whom also never took a snap and was released shortly after.

Conversely if they go strong in FA then I'd expect a later pick again, like a 5th . Can't expect an early round pick to make it to the practice squad.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Does anyone know why they got rid of the 3rd QB exemption? I forgot when that happened.

McCoy is by no means any better than Hill. I'd rather go the Keenum route if he shakes free.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think Austin Davis is going to be a Ram. I think he has the instincts and the ability. His youth showed with critical TO's in games but I see some up side there.

I think he stays!
I think he deserves the opportunity to fight for a spot.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
My prediction is that they will have no less than six QBs in camp, and all of them will wonder why they can't get more than a second and a half to throw the ball.:sick:

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
My prediction is that they will have no less than six QBs in camp, and all of them will wonder why they can't get more than a second and a half to throw the ball.:sick:
I disagree. It's more like a second. The half is trying to figure out who is on top of them. Lol

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think they PS the rookie until needed.
That's a possibility with a later round rookie... not with a 1st-3rd round rookie which people are talking about.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Does anyone know why they got rid of the 3rd QB exemption? I forgot when that happened.

McCoy is by no means any better than Hill. I'd rather go the Keenum route if he shakes free.
From what I gather in hearing about it, the 3rd QB exemption was hardly ever used.

I think the feeling is that if a team goes through 2 QBs in a season (or worse, 3 in a game), that team is pretty much hosed anyway.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The question for Hill and Davis staying has been answered for me. If SB goes down can either of these guys step in and salvage the season? I think the answer is clearly a no.

tonyl711

Starter
That's a possibility with a later round rookie... not with a 1st-3rd round rookie which people are talking about.
that's true, but if he is someone you want to keep you don't let him clear waivers,

lockdnram21

Legend
I'm sorry but I want no parts of either. They are both weak armed. Unless u want a lot more of what haven this season I would go another route. I would trade for Cousins before I go with either of the 2.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Second, thee is a very, very good chance Bradford won't be cleared to practice/play when the season opens, he could miss a few games or even half the season
Sorry Les, can't agree with you on this point, by all reports, Bradford is way ahead of last years pace on rehab, and has more time to rehab. So I see no problem in him being Healthy, and ready to play Next pre-season and going forward!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sorry Les, can't agree with you on this point, by all reports, Bradford is way ahead of last years pace on rehab, and has more time to rehab. So I see no problem in him being Healthy, and ready to play Next pre-season and going forward!

I've never heard an announcement or press release about an athletes rehab that didn't contain the words "ahead of schedule", and exactly what is the "schedule" to begin with right? And he could have a setback in 5 months or two weeks or whenever.

The second tear on the same ACL takes a year plus to heal properly and they will not be rushing him back. So it's possible he may not get reps in camp or pre season. It is a possibility that's all I'm saying.

Counting on it as a "for sure" isn't a good bet IMO.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I've never heard an announcement or press release about an athletes rehab that didn't contain the words "ahead of schedule", and exactly what is the "schedule" to begin with right? And he could have a setback in 5 months or two weeks or whenever.

The second tear on the same ACL takes a year plus to heal properly and they will not be rushing him back. So it's possible he may not get reps in camp or pre season. It is a possibility that's all I'm saying.

Counting on it as a "for sure" isn't a good bet IMO.
I'm sure the Rams will keep tabs on what Bradford's doctors say and make their plans accordingly.

Hill and/or Davis might very well be in camp or preseason, but by the time final roster cuts are made, the Rams should know exactly where Bradford is. And if he can go, and if the Rams drafted a QB high, I don't see Hill or Davis making the team.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm sure the Rams will keep tabs on what Bradford's doctors say and make their plans accordingly.

Hill and/or Davis might very well be in camp or preseason, but by the time final roster cuts are made, the Rams should know exactly where Bradford is. And if he can go, and if the Rams drafted a QB high, I don't see Hill or Davis making the team.

You can bet they are having the docs touch base with them after every check up, rehab session and workout and everything else. They will be ALL over the process, and rightfully so.

I think Hill or Davis will be on the roster as a "just in case". I can't see Fisher's contingency plan being a QB from the 2nd or 3rd round.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
You can bet they are having the docs touch base with them after every check up, rehab session and workout and everything else. They will be ALL over the process, and rightfully so.

I think Hill or Davis will be on the roster as a "just in case". I can't see Fisher's contingency plan being a QB from the 2nd or 3rd round.
The fans would be up in arms if we went into next year with Bradford and either Hill/Davis as our QB's.

And I don't think Fisher likes having 3 on the roster.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I think the 3rd QB exemption only applies for the 45 (I think)-man game day roster. They still count against the 53.

So it's not as though game day roster and practice squad are the only options. The QB can be inactive on game day.

The three QBs already counted against the 53-man roster, so it's not as though the rule change is costing us a roster spot.

It wouldn't shock me if they go with just two QBs, but given our situation, I think three is more likely.