Not many Coaches...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I hope Snead-Fisher 4-5 year plan is not to build a "Titanic" team.

I don't think anybody plans to build the Titanic, but it doesn't mean that they don't.

I really believe that Fisher and Snead will get their full five years to "right the ship".
Hopefully that works out for us.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I guess I'm the weird exception in the Fisher is a genius/Off with his head debate.

I'd be fine with him staying another year (although that should be a "Progress or else" year) or I'd be fine with the Rams going in another direction.

fearsomefour

Legend
I understand the doubt, I really do.
I probably don't write the original post if I hadn't been conflicted with my feelings about Fisher in the first place.

Sometimes you have to pick your guy and stick by him. That things will change is the only thing you can guarantee, yet change itself doesn't guarantee anything.
I remember how many felt that a new HC would make all the problems under Martz a non issue. Just need someone else. Scott Linehan, Jim Haslett and Steve Spagnuolo later...... Mike Martz wasn't looking so bad was he?

Yes, I know that Arians has done a great job. Harbaugh and Carroll did too. Everybody else in our division were able to turn things around quickly.
Well, I think that is a mirage. It creates the expectation of a "quick fix".
Let's be honest here. Were any of those teams in our division in the same kind of shape we were in when Fisher took over?
I sure as hell don't think so.
I agree with sticking to the chosen road. One thing you see from bad teams that have been bad for a long time is a constant changing of the guard. With a new coach every two years comes a change in approach and change in players and types of O and D and players that fit those schemes. In Pittsburgh they rarely turn over coaches and hardly ever change approach. Consistency.
As for Arians and Harbaugh they both took over much more complete teams than Fisher took over in St. Louis. I cant really remember that state of Seahawks when Carroll ran from the NCAA to Seattle. Arians has done an amazing job I think. Harbaugh....the wheels are coming off. His teams really have had great Ds and special teams and to me anyway inconsistent and gimmicky offenses. Everything I hear is he is gone after this year....maybe SF can bring in Linehan?

fancents86

Starter
It's been a roller coaster ride since Fish has been head coach. I hate roller coasters. I want stability.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I guess I'm the weird exception in the Fisher is a genius/Off with his head debate.

I'd be fine with him staying another year (although that should be a "Progress or else" year) or I'd be fine with the Rams going in another direction.

He'll be here next year, but he's either re-upped or gone. No one year lame duck coaches anymore.
So the question becomes, what's the (minimum) magic number? 9?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Opinion hasn't changed, we're on target for 6-10, not good enough for a third year coach, beat Arizona and I'll look again.
I think we match up better against Ariz., going into the game, better than we did against the 49ers. The 49ers O was ranked 17th passing and 11th rushing, and had the #2 ranked D. The Cards O are ranked 15th passing but only 28th rushing. and their D is ranked 19th over all, ours is ranked 17th. they are 31st against the pass. Although they are 3rd against the rush. I Like the Rams chances, now, way better than I did against the 49ers!

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I think we match up better against Ariz., going into the game, better than we did against the 49ers. The 49ers O was ranked 17th passing and 11th rushing, and had the #2 ranked D. The Cards O are ranked 15th passing but only 28th rushing. and their D is ranked 19th over all, ours is ranked 17th. they are 31st against the pass. Although they are 3rd against the rush. I Like the Rams chances, now, way better than I did against the 49ers!
I agree that the Rams have better odds against Arizona, but only because of the intangibles the 49ers usually get like turnovers and ref calls (their 12th and 13th men). Arizona is pretty neutral in refs and usually a hard luck team like the Rams (except for this year they're enjoying a huge turnover margin).

But Arizona is a much better team than the mediocre 49ers, so odds are still really tough this game. The problem with citing rankings to judge teams is that they have no context (strength of schedule adjustment, etc.), so in addition to raw stats I usually look at other advanced stats sites like Advanced Footbally Analytics and Football Outsiders rankings to get a better feel. They both have Arizona's defense in the top 5 or top 10 and 49ers middling, which is more accurate I believe. Both offenses are bottom half, but Arizona's offense is better.

The Rams defense has been ranking near the cellar but obviously coming on strong now so I agree should match up well against Arizona. But unless Davis can regain some of that earlier magic spark it appears the plan might be hoping for another one of Fisher's 13-10 specials here.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have been on board with most of all Snead & Fisher's goals & objectives since the beginning. I am still hanging in there overall but have bad heartburn with this offense scheme & the calls.

The Rams team from the drafts of 2000 to 2011 were mostly ineffective as a whole....So Snead has done a decent good job bringing in good young talents. However (this is big) Not Many Coaches would have ignore drafting good OL'ers in 2012 & 2013 in the first two days in the draft ......at the same time they have invested all your marbles in a young pocket passer QB with limited mobility with a injury history as in Sam Bradford. Fisher has gone with way tooooooo many broken down vets in this OL. Larry Turner, Wayne Hunter, Barry Richardson, Harvey Dahl, Quinn Ojinnaka, Max Starks, Scott Wells, Chris Williams, Jake Long, Davin Joseph & the the UFA signing the most injured OL'er in NFL Rodger Saffold. Thus now leaving the Rams future OL looking bleak outside of Greg Robinson & Barrett Jones.Last week we went into the 9er game with the 31st ranked run defense! That should not be! Too many that should not BE's!

Bottom line as in Rams past seasons INJURIES & so many refs bad calls could be a legit reason as to where we are at currently. I am still happy that we have Snead & Fisher in charge of the Rams. As to this upcoming game against the no#1 send in the NFC Cards........its going to be a very hard game for this injured team. They are a much better team than the 9ers & the Seahawks.