Not many Coaches...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
...could take a team as young and injured as the Rams on the road and find a way to win in the face of adversity against a team as experienced and capable as this 49ers team.

I am fully behind our Coach.
Yes, he has his flaws. He is human and makes mistakes... but the man just knows pro football. He is a master at the part of the job that doesn't happen on camera or on print. The Monday through Saturday grind of preparing young guys to go toe to toe with pro bowlers and SB champs and compete and win.

Nobody wants to play us.

I think the Fisher - Snead plan is a 4-5 year plan. Yes, I'm sure they expected faster results, but they have chosen at every opportunity to build with youth.

I think there will always be things that are frustrating about Fishers teams. But I also think that as long as he is our guy, we will take the field with a team that can punch the other team in the nose and make a fight out of it. And if we give this coach and these young men enough time, they will become a well prepared, talented, battle hardened bunch that will win more than they lose.

So I'm sticking with the Fish... bones and all...

A55VA6

Legend
Fisher frustrates me at times, but then comes back and really impresses me. I think he's done a pretty good job considering all the injuries..

Sum1

Hall of Fame
He found a way yesterday...but the injury reasoning has been used in regard to Fisher even before his time in St.Louis.

I was off the bandwagon after the Chiefs game...I've put on foot back on the step, but it's going to take more to get me fully back on.

Opinion hasn't changed, we're on target for 6-10, not good enough for a third year coach, beat Arizona and I'll look again.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Just my opinion.

If fisher stays, schottys gotta go.

If fisher and schotty stays and everything stays the same = one unhappy ramsrule :-(

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I haven't completely lost faith in him yet but man look at some other teams like AZ, we have more talent on our Dline than they have on there whole team but some how Arians just keeps on winning even when palmer went down and they were down to there 3rd QB they still kept winning. with all Fishers coaching experience and talent on this team is it unfair of me to think he should be doing a better job than a 2nd year head coach with way less talent?? Can somebody explain that one to me??

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Make it Red Snapper, Halibut, Salmon & I'm down....speaking of fish, I heard Mahi-Mahi isn't really tuna but almost dolphin? Anybody else heard this?

Alan

Legend
LACHAMP46 asking Mr. Wizardfish:
I heard Mahi-Mahi isn't really tuna but almost dolphin? Anybody else heard this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahi-mahi
"The common English name of dolphin causes much confusion. This fish is not related to the marine mammals also known as dolphins (family Delphinidae). Additionally, two species of dolphinfish exist, the common dolphinfish (Coryphaena hippurus) and the pompano dolphin (Coryphaena equiselis). Both these species are commonly marketed by their Pacific name, mahi-mahi."

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Oct. 4, 2012: Rams beat down the previously un-beaten Cardinals 17-3.

It can easily happen again... especially with Carson Palmer hearing the avalanche rumbling around him...

V3

Hall of Fame
Fisher knows leadership. That's really the main thing I like about him. His players always play for him. After that, it's open for debate, IMO. You are what your record says you are.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I understand the doubt, I really do.
I probably don't write the original post if I hadn't been conflicted with my feelings about Fisher in the first place.

Sometimes you have to pick your guy and stick by him. That things will change is the only thing you can guarantee, yet change itself doesn't guarantee anything.
I remember how many felt that a new HC would make all the problems under Martz a non issue. Just need someone else. Scott Linehan, Jim Haslett and Steve Spagnuolo later...... Mike Martz wasn't looking so bad was he?

Yes, I know that Arians has done a great job. Harbaugh and Carroll did too. Everybody else in our division were able to turn things around quickly.
Well, I think that is a mirage. It creates the expectation of a "quick fix".
Let's be honest here. Were any of those teams in our division in the same kind of shape we were in when Fisher took over?
I sure as hell don't think so.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I'm with you, I still like Fisher. Emotionally it's always awesome to beat the filthy subhuman Whiners, but beating the better Seahawks team was even more impressive coaching, especially the huevos it took to call that fake punt. But the occasional great wins must turn into consistent winning. Losing the starting QB gives another mulligan year, so of course we will stick with Fisher. What other choice do we have but to say wait 'til next year again? I'm sorry but next year QB will not be an excuse since they knew they needed to get a plan for the future in place this year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I hope him and Snead are paired with the Rams for many years. Our last draft is looking every bit as good as we had hoped. If Alexander comes around and lives up to his physical ability, we're talking about a draft for the ages.

ram007

Starter
I hope Snead-Fisher 4-5 year plan is not to build a "Titanic" team.

TexasRam

Legend
Every week people are either ready to call for his head or annoint him a genius.

It's funny really.

Thanks to this last draft I think we are now a talent laden team with the pieces in place to compete in the coming years.

Need a big time cover safety some impact linebackers and one more lineman. And a healthy Quick.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think we need two guards considering Saffold's injury history. But I doubt we draft two this year.

We all know this team needs help at center. Too much too soon, they may keep Wells another year.

Then you have right tackle. Barksdale has been getting burned lately, but how much youth can you expect them to field out there? I see a contract extension for him unless it gets really ugly out there.

I don't know. I expected or rather hoped for another year from Jake Long. The offensive line is going to be a priority again next year and it will have to include a combination of the draft and free agency.

Sorry my point is that we need a few linemen and a linebacker. I mention those positions because that's where we need youth. We might be ok at safety. Cody Davis and Mcleod, Barron and McDonald. Then you have Joyner don't forget.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm lukewarm on Fisher seems he coaches his best when he's an under dog, but you grow tired of that as a fan. The roster is vastly improved, however, there are still major deficiencies especially at quarterback. Also his teams are notoriously slow out of the gate.

Overall IMO do I think he can get the Rams to respectability? Yes! Do I think he can lead the Rams to the promise land? Not with his current offensive philosophy or his current offensive coordinator! However, I still believe in Gregg Williams and the defense.