Not good for the Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
This is giving Spanos way too much credit. Move to LA, have it be a spectacular failure, then get more monetary help from the league to slink back to SD?

Yeah, maybe this scenario could happen, but it sure wouldn’t be because of a “plan.”

Spanos is so darn stupid, he screwed over his city, his fans, and himself.

yeah good point.

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
To me, this gets to a central question which I still don’t know the answer to.

My question is, “Does Kroenke WANT a second team as a tenant in his new stadium?”

On the one hand, it would seem that he does, since he gets a cut of game day revenue (at least partially, I think, from parking, etc.), as well as increased advertising, etc. Over the next 20 years or so, wouldn’t Kroenke make more money having a viable 2nd team as his tenant in Inglewood?

On the other hand, my understanding was that initially, Kroenke very much wanted LA all to himself. Kroenke only made the Inglewood stadium capable of hosting two teams because the owners forced him to do so. As I understand it, the owners basically said to Kroenke, “If you want to leave St Louis and build your new stadium in LA, you must also be willing to allow the Chargers to join you in LA if they choose.”

I guess I still don’t feel sure about what Kroenke wants NOW. My guess is that he still would prefer what he wanted initially— one city, one team— the LA Rams, and no one else.

You are spot on in the second hand.Yes your understanding is correct.Kroenke wanted LA to himself,he did not want to share but because the owners insisted that the stadium be built to house two teams to continue to use LA as a leverage threat for other teams in the future to get new stadiums,to get to LA he had to go along with their wishes which really sucks.

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
Dp4BuA1V4AEtq2s.jpg

comedy gold. here is another one below.LOL