Not going to panic, in fact, I expect him to play some, but it's a concern

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-9-5_20-32-32.png

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
...rated 15th best pass blocker at LG this pre-season, among LG's with at least 100 snaps. Not concerned.
...sorry, per PFF, for what that's worth.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I just hope that we don't have a situation where he has to play by the second quarter!

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Fisher tends to go with the Vets so I'm not worried. Robinson will get his snaps and I think take big strides each game. Can't wait to see him play in a real game.

Dick84

When I see pictures of him like that and realize he's 330.. goodness, what a beast.

And.. I'm not worried.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
The number 2 pick in the draft is oline depth. If I were the Vikings d line I'd be concerned. Not panicked.....but concerned.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Our opponents would love if we threw him in the fire. Fortunately, we have pro bowlers that can play while we get him ready.

sugar land

UDFA
Name
SugarLand Dave
If you can find me another rookie who was asked to learn two different positions in their rookie season I am all ears.
It happens.

"Versatility has been a blessing and a curse for rookie offensive lineman Xavier Su’a-Filo, the Texans’ second-round pick and the NFL’s draft’s 33rd overall selection. A blessing because he’s playing guard and tackle while learning center. A curse because the coaches haven’t allowed him to concentrate on only one position."

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...tions-in-blocking-game/#25778101=0&25408103=0

Dick84

It happens.

"Versatility has been a blessing and a curse for rookie offensive lineman Xavier Su’a-Filo, the Texans’ second-round pick and the NFL’s draft’s 33rd overall selection. A blessing because he’s playing guard and tackle while learning center. A curse because the coaches haven’t allowed him to concentrate on only one position."

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...tions-in-blocking-game/#25778101=0&25408103=0

I think the point was... show other rookies that learned other positions and are starting.
Su'a-Filo is not starting.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Did we really need to start another thread on this?

It's not a concern.

Jake's coming back from injury. They don't want the left side of the line to be vulnerable with a rookie playing guard next to a rusty Jake. Jake getting up to speed is the concern. You saw what happened to Bradford.

Once Jake is up to speed we'll see Robinson unless Davin Joseph is killing it. In that case it's another good depth problem to have.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If you can find me another rookie who was asked to learn two different positions in their rookie season I am all ears.
Not trying to fuel this debate. To answer the question though Jake Matthews was penciled in at starting RT until injury required he move to LT where he will start on Sunday. Curiously how many different titles has this thread had?

sugar land

UDFA
Name
SugarLand Dave
I think the point was... show other rookies that learned other positions and are starting.
Su'a-Filo is not starting.
The post I replied to said nothing about starting so I did not infer that, however sometimes my mind-reading does not work.

f_x__krystal_wink_by_aitalee-d6f0p7y.gif

Last edited:

But who's choice was that? That's my one issue with the situation, not that he isn't starting game 1, but the way he's been handled, it would have been nice to just teach him the one position from day 1 and have him beasting it up from day 1.

A55VA6

Legend
THIS.

Robinson will be just fine. We all knew what we were getting into when drafting Robinson. Matthews is more pro ready, Robinson is a bit raw in pass protection - but I still think he's the better prospect. He'll play in the games, he's just not going to start right away. And if Long, Saffold, or Joseph go down, Robinson will be the one to come in for them. Hopefully the line stays healthy though.

jjab360

Legend
...rated 15th best pass blocker at LG this pre-season, among LG's with at least 100 snaps. Not concerned.
...sorry, per PFF, for what that's worth.
I think what people don't understand is that he's already a decent pass blocker at this point. His problem comes with the line communications and blitz pickups, which is why the coaching staff would rather go with the veterans right now.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
We have all been the new guy at whatever job we have ever held. No matter how skilled you may have been there is a learning curve. Robinson is in the learning curve. He is playing in the NFL and not in college . He has a great coach that can coach him up. Give him a chance to fail or be successful. In my mind he will be a success.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Robinson will be just fine. We all knew what we were getting into when drafting Robinson. Matthews is more pro ready, Robinson is a bit raw in pass protection - but I still think he's the better prospect. He'll play in the games, he's just not going to start right away. And if Long, Saffold, or Joseph go down, Robinson will be the one to come in for them. Hopefully the line stays healthy though.[/QUOTE]

#1.Jake Matthews was penciled in at starting RT
until injury required he move to
#2. LT where he will start on Sunday
Again not trying to fuel the debate just pointing out a player that fills PHX criteria.