Nobody is really pumped to watch these Falcons in the Super Bowl?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Scirca

Rookie
I would have been more excited to watch the Super Bowl if the GB Packers were in it.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm pretty interested in this game, but I suppose not as interested as past years. I'm just a little conflicted about this Super Bowl.

I want the Falcons to win, just because they've had a nice year and have never won a Super Bowl. This would be like our 99 season to them... win this SB and they'll remember it forever. And well, I don't want the Patriots to win another SB.

But... I want Chris Long to get a ring. Dude deserves it. He was a loyal Ram that gave it his all and I just want to see him get a ring before he retires, which I feel may be soon.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's too bad that both teams can't lose... because that would be the most enjoyable outcome for me.

But... watching ANOTHER Belicheat loss in a Super Bowl will be some Fan-Fucking-Tastic viewing.

If I was going to put $ on it though... I would have to bet on the cheaters... 3 points and all.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
IDK which part of Houston this guy is in, but the vibe I see at the SB events is far from boring as far as the Falcons go.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Falcons have a really strong offense, so... they should hang around, if nothing else.

But I do worry about their D being able to match the Cheatriots. THAT unit (Falcons D) is the key to this game, IMO.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I don't know? Most people I know are rooting Atlanta.

The Patriots are like the Death Star to a lot of folks. :sneaky:
You got that right CG.I am very excited to see the Falcons kick that butt.

Zero

Pro Bowler
The Falcons have a really strong offense, so... they should hang around, if nothing else.

But I do worry about their D being able to match the Cheatriots. THAT unit (Falcons D) is the key to this game, IMO.
The D is a lot better than their stats.They have gotten better since beginning
of the year.They had to learn a new system.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The D is a lot better than their stats.They have gotten better since beginning
of the year.They had to learn a new system.

That is my hope too. And... if so, they can definitely win this.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I mostly think this is a "non story" (prices aren't that far off just 3yrs ago) but I'll paste it in anyway.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...-prices-are-plunging-for-patriots-vs-falcons/

There is nothing cheap about attending the Super Bowl. It's an expensive proposition regardless of who's playing, once you factor in travel, lodging and the hefty price of the ticket. Super Bowl LI is no different, but the ticket prices are starting to become sort of reasonable after the market looked robust early on.

The Patriots-Falcons game, for whatever reason, saw a precipitous drop in terms of ticket prices.

Thanks to our friends at TicketCity, we can visualize that drop for you in a handy graph format.

super-bowl-2017-ticket-prices-dropping-affordable.png

via TicketCity

Things were rolling with the possibility of a Patriots-Cowboys matchup on the docket (and probably would have set records for prices) but took a fall when the Cowboys lost to the Packers. The prospective Steelers/Patriots-Packers/Falcons matchup meant at least some kind of good football matchup, which drove the price up.

But steadily throughout the week, there has been a decline -- perhaps a lack of movement in terms of sales -- and then this week the bottom fell out of the market.

Almost overnight the price dropped by nearly $1,700, and that's just the median price on the secondary market. You can suddenly get in the game for less than $2,000.

Year Average Price Largest Sale Date
2017 Super Bowl $3,009 $74,928 As of 1/31
2017 Super Bowl $3,050 $74,928 1/30
2017 Super Bowl $4,744 $74,928 1/26
2017 Super Bowl $5,650 $74,928 1/23
2017 Super Bowl $4,890 $15,432 1/16
2016 Super Bowl $4,000 $23,913 N/A
2015 Super Bowl $6,923 $19,000 N/A
2014 Super Bowl $2,069 $13,530 N/A
2013 Super Bowl $2,173 $10,804 N/A

As for specific prices, you can fire up TicketCity and get into the Super Bowl for under $2,000 -- the cheapest ticket was $1,982 (taxes, fees may apply, etc.). You can get into the lower level (end zone corner) for less than $3,000. Even the lower level 50-yard line seats were less than $5,000.

So if you're planning on a trip to the Super Bowl in your lifetime or you're a fan of the Patriots or Falcons who wants to see your team play but balked at high prices, now's a good time to start firing up a game plan.

Keep waiting and the market could drop even further, but the prices are already well within reason relative to what you expect to see from a Super Bowl.

Bruce2980

Starter
As soon as the Patriots made it in I advised my wife not to accept any SB party invites.......I never watch them play.
They don't play in Super Bowls they cheat. I am not interested in watching them hold and interfere with every WR the Falcons have and not get penalized. I'd rather go get some pliers and pull my teeth out.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I want Chris Long to get a ring. Dude deserves it. He was a loyal Ram that gave it his all and I just want to see him get a ring before he retires, which I feel may be soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...et-on-new-england-as-the-place-id-win-a-ring/

Chris Long: I bet on New England as the place I’d win a ring
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 1, 2017

633197314.jpg
Getty Images

When Chris Long was released after eight seasons with the Rams last year, he had one primary objective when looking for a new team: Go somewhere he could win a Super Bowl ring.

Long said he thought New England would be the place where he could best get that elusive championship, and so New England is where he signed.

“I kind of bet on the fact that this is the place that would give me the best opportunity to be here in this situation,” Long said. “There’s a reason for that. I’ve learned that through the year and why these guys are in so many positions like this. They treat them as opportunities. We treat them as opportunities. You can’t take them for granted and I think that’s why we’re here. We’ve earned that.”

Patriots coach Bill Belichick compared Long to Randy Moss, Corey Dillon, Bryan Cox and other players who have left bad teams and welcomed the change in New England. Long is one game away from vindicating his decision to go to New England.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm not even remotely concerned about this game.

Atlanta 27
New England 17