No Quinn, Cunningham, or Alexander for Seahawks game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
We definitely need a serious medical evaluation of Quinn in the offseason. Worried about his future at this point.
Amen to this.
In no hurry to getting him back this year. The real question is can he still play or is he damaged goods?
A good part of the HC decision should come down to approach on D since that is the strength of the team. A good deal of the evaluating of the D comes down to Quinn. Him returning to form or not changed the entire offseason for the D or possibly even the D (there fore the players) that would be run.
No other player evaluation I as important as Quinn this off season.
He coats way too much to have more years like this one. But holds way too much game changing ability to just cast aside. Does he still have that ability cause it was not there this year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Can't blame him, teams are getting away with holding him and now it's affecting his health. At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing the NFL fail considering how biased it is on offense.

That's one thing the next coach needs to get the league office to really take a look at. In the last few years, he has been held so blatantly so often without drawing the flags, and his body is getting bent in unnatural ways because of it. It wouldn't shock me at all if OL coaches of Rams opponents were explicitly instructing their LT's to just simply hold Quinn knowing that it will rarely if ever get called. It's ridiculous.

But holds way too much game changing ability to just cast aside. Does he still have that ability cause it was not there this year.

That's the million dollar question right there, because he does have some serious game-changing ability. Even this year he caused the fumble that Westbrooks returned for a TD at TB, and then made the final takedown of Winston to seal the win.

But damn, connecting the dots between a concussion this long, the seizures he had earlier in the year, and the former brain tumor is worrying and makes you wonder if he can still play or if he should walk away under his own volition.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
These guys just need to step the f up. Play this game as if they are still in the playoffs. Now its about playing for your roster spot. If your lacking productivity no reason for anyone to be sticking around come next season.

I hope we can still bring the pain.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Time to find Quinn's replacement :(
Could not agree with you more!:bow:

Quinn has been out for two complete game & missed most of a third so who is the back up to Quinn & who has been playing most of the time in Quinn absence? Eugene Sims. Has anyone took the time to see what kind of an impact that Sims a Fisher favorite has contributed to this team the last four games? Take a minute ....I'll warn you..... you might get :sick:

http://www.therams.com/team/roster/Eugene-Sims/8657ddd5-f737-4556-b58e-d46b4fcb57c4
What else can you say here:wtf::palm:(n) Sims when called upon to play in place of Quinn has failed. One tackle in four games zero sacks. IMO Rams must find a new speed rusher @ RDE! Sims poor performance can easily be replicated by Westbrooks or Longacre in their sleep so IMO he is cut bait in the off season to save a little cap $$.

I do not believe we will see rob Quinn again this season. The big issue with RDE Rob Quinn Rams are still under contract to pay him a near 37 million $$$. So Quinn due to health issues many different types too....will have started only 15 games out of 30. His performance in the games he has played is way below the norm he played pre back surgery. Did you fully buy that excuse that Quinn was dehydrated as the reason he had to check into the hospital?

I would also say that Quinn when on the field has not given the OLT many chances to bend him backwards to the right by the use of the LT's hands to the neck & lower face area of Quinn, instead Quinn just races up field letting the LT push him off & the contact is usually on his left shoulder, left chest & left back areas NOT the middle upper chest area. Guess you get my point he is not as active in using his famous sharp inside lean move much any longer. Its a only a guess here but I would think that his back surgery has robbed him of this skill as a tool in his toolbox. Just so often this was the skill that resulted in most of his sacks in 2013 & 2014 season. IMO you will not see Quinn return to his previous 2013/2014 self.

Does not mean he is worthless as a RDE either he is quick, has that super first step & can give LT's issues if the QB does not step up. That's the key here. The real question is do you pay him the 37 million for 4 or 5 sacks a season? Is this a good use of 7.2 % of your cap funds?

Last edited:

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I would like to see Quinn back next year. It appears that he is being held on almost every play sometimes you can even see the offensive lineman's arm around his throat but the officials will not call it, for some strange reason.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Welp...more about Mo Alexander at this point...Gotta develop the talent. I doubt we bring Benny back too.
It's more than a concussion at this point with Quinn
Maybe precautionary measure...You can have concussive symptoms for quite some time...Hell a lifetime.

Sadly, we should trade or cut him loose this offseason.
No, what's really sad is, we should have traded him this PAST offseason. His play has declined for 3 years...Always a day late and a dollar short these Rams...Again...who does this point too? I'll let the big brains guess on this one.....

Anyone know what the cap hit is if we have to let him go?
Lets see...
Pretty good deal Kevin signed him to..
http://overthecap.com/player/robert-quinn/1343/

Looks like we can really get outta his deal in 2018, but 2017 isn't bad.(5 mill in dead money)..But we won't be cutting him, he's got trade value...These guys say a lil less than 2 million...
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/robert-quinn-7729/

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I would like to see Quinn back next year. It appears that he is being held on almost every play sometimes you can even see the offensive lineman's arm around his throat but the officials will not call it, for some strange reason.
Quinn's always been held on every play, as far back as I can remember. I think part of his issue is that the pass rush from the LDE spot isn't what it was a few years ago, when Long was younger and specialized in chasing QBs into the awaiting arms of the Mighty Quinn.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Please fellow Rams fans-In the future don't hype something so much based on potential because when it fails to happen it hurts even more. Just let it play out

Are we as fans seriously getting the blame for injuries now? Lmao. If you can't take a little hype and disappointment, a fan forum not be the best place to hangout.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This news confirms it for me.

I'll need to pick up more rum on my way home tonight.

Rams77

Starter
Are we as fans seriously getting the blame for injuries now? Lmao. If you can't take a little hype and disappointment, a fan forum not be the best place to hangout.
I don't believe in jinxing or voodoo but this team is making me rethink that.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's more than a concussion at this point with Quinn
No doubt about it!! Now we need to look for two New DE's this off Season! Add our Offensive woe's, It definitely going to be a MAJO rebuilding year for who ever is the New HC!!:(

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I still think he's going to regain his old form and will continue to do so until he's released. He was soo good in 2013!

Zero

Pro Bowler
No doubt about it!! Now we need to look for two New DE's this off Season! Add our Offensive woe's, It definitely going to be a MAJO rebuilding year for who ever is the New HC!!:(
Hard to stay healthy when you're gettin the buisiness every week
p-86099-santino-marella-headlock-wwe-8x10-photo-cotg-8wwe-smare080601.jpg