No Quinn, Cunningham, or Alexander for Seahawks game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...o-miss-third-straight-game-with-a-concussion/

Robert Quinn likely to miss third straight game with a concussion
Posted by Josh Alper on December 14, 2016

612053116-e1476039925312.jpg
Getty Images

The Rams and Seahawks will kick off Week 15 in Seattle on Thursday night and it looks like the Seahawks won’t have to deal with Rams defensive end Robert Quinn as they try to get their offense back in gear after last week’s blowout loss to the Packers.

Quinn has missed the last two games with a concussion and is listed as doubtful to play for the Rams on Thursday. That would make five missed games overall for Quinn, who also spent a night in the hospital last month before returning to the lineup that week.

Cornerback E.J. Gaines (thigh) is also doubtful for the Rams while safety Maurice Alexander (concussion) and running back Benny Cunningham (neck) have been ruled out. Defensive lineman Matt Longacre (heel) is questionable to play in interim coach John Fassel’s first game since getting bumped up to replace the fired Jeff Fisher.

The Seahawks ruled out running back C.J. Prosise (shoulder) and defensive end Damontre Moore (foot). Linebackers Brock Coyle(foot) and Dewey McDonald (illness) are questionable.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's more than a concussion at this point with Quinn

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...o-miss-third-straight-game-with-a-concussion/

Robert Quinn likely to miss third straight game with a concussion
Posted by Josh Alper on December 14, 2016

612053116-e1476039925312.jpg
Getty Images

The Rams and Seahawks will kick off Week 15 in Seattle on Thursday night and it looks like the Seahawks won’t have to deal with Rams defensive end Robert Quinn as they try to get their offense back in gear after last week’s blowout loss to the Packers.

Quinn has missed the last two games with a concussion and is listed as doubtful to play for the Rams on Thursday. That would make five missed games overall for Quinn, who also spent a night in the hospital last month before returning to the lineup that week.

Cornerback E.J. Gaines (thigh) is also doubtful for the Rams while safety Maurice Alexander (concussion) and running back Benny Cunningham (neck) have been ruled out. Defensive lineman Matt Longacre (heel) is questionable to play in interim coach John Fassel’s first game since getting bumped up to replace the fired Jeff Fisher.

The Seahawks ruled out running back C.J. Prosise (shoulder) and defensive end Damontre Moore (foot). Linebackers Brock Coyle(foot) and Dewey McDonald (illness) are questionable.

Wow, I didn't give the Rams much, if any chance Thursday...Now they're gonna be really short at DE and DB...Could be ugly, hope not...Bunch of guys are gonna have to suck it up and step up...Maybe we'll see who really wants to show some pride...A loss won't kill me, no effort will really piss me off...

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Agreed . He has been invisible even when he's on the field for the last two years . There's more to the story .

Sadly, we should trade or cut him loose this offseason. Or see if he'll restructure for a lot less. We need productivity out of the the money we're spending. :(

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
We definitely need a serious medical evaluation of Quinn in the offseason. Worried about his future at this point.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't be disappointed if Quinn was let go after this season. Definitely need to at least restructure. He's a situational pass rusher at best.

We need that money for Donald and Ogletree.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I wouldn't be disappointed if Quinn was let go after this season. Definitely need to at least restructure. He's a situational pass rusher at best.

We need that money for Donald and Ogletree.

I'd be hesitant to let him go if he is medically cleared and ready to go (although I wouldn't be against trading him if that was the case). But yeah, keeping Donald and Ogletree is important, and if Quinn can't live up to his contract, not only does it increase the urgency to sign those other two guys, but it makes Quinn an underperforming investment.

Anyone know what the cap hit is if we have to let him go?

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I
I'd be hesitant to let him go if he is medically cleared and ready to go (although I wouldn't be against trading him if that was the case). But yeah, keeping Donald and Ogletree is important, and if Quinn can't live up to his contract, not only does it increase the urgency to sign those other two guys, but it makes Quinn an underperforming investment.

Anyone know what the cap hit is if we have to let him go?

Short of getting 20+ sacks a season, I don't think there's any way he can live up to his contract. And he pretty much lined up as a damn 9 technique this season
and rushed his way upfield and out of the play. Also seemed to be a liability in the running game.

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I

Short of getting 20+ sacks a season, I don't think there's any way he can live up to his contract. And he pretty much lined up as a damn 9 technique and rushed his way upfield and out of the play. Also seemed to be a liability in the running game.

I don't know if it would require that ... but if we could have the Quinn of 2012-2014, he could live up to it, at least as far as I'm concerned. The issue now is whether he's going to be medically prevented from playing at that level, and the current prognosis is not good.

Rams77

Starter
Isn't it ironic that right when we drafted Donald that Quinn's been injured and his performance on the field slipped? Pretty much summarizes the Rams the past five years where there's a lot of hope and potential that never gets realized. We really never had that long successful stretch when they both played at their peak. It's a shame. I'm so jealous of the Chiefs D-Line. Ours could of been a historic Defensive Line. Please fellow Rams fans-In the future don't hype something so much based on potential because when it fails to happen it hurts even more. Just let it play out

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yep, Quinn's offseason has started early. Dude's been a huge disappointment this season anyway, though, along with a couple others like Barron and Gaines. An effin shame that it isn't really gonna matter.

These guys are gonna want to take their postgame showers at halftime. That's how ugly I expect this game to be and I pray I am wrong.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Can't blame him, teams are getting away with holding him and now it's affecting his health. At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing the NFL fail considering how biased it is on offense.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd shut the guy for this year let him try to get healthy and start shopping him in the off season ... his production is well down ... and a change of scenery might work for him and us especially if someone wants to give us a 1st

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Mo Alexander has been pretty good this year. Sure, he has had a few bad snaps here and there but for the most part he looks like he belongs on that D.

Quinn I would bring back another year. It's not like it's a toughness thing - and he is elite when he is right.

I'd like to see a W tonight.