1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

No more incompletes for Bradford

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by max, May 14, 2014.

1. bluecoconuts Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic

2. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

You obviously weren't in Bush Stadium the day Simms spotted the Cardinals a 14-0 lead and came back to scorch them ,I couldn't believe my eyes how well he threw the ball.

3. F. Mulder Well-Known Member

Thanks. I can be kind of slow on the uptake at times!

4. Ramatik Well-Known Member

Now that's an interesting stat.

I'm hoping the Rams Team can have success with Bradford at QB. I just want him to continue to improve and grow with his receivers.

I think he's going to have a good year.

5. max Well-Known Member

I'm a Rams fan. What's a Bush Stadium?

Thordaddy and rhinobean like this.
  6. Faceplant Well-Known Member

How would you explain the season Matthew Stafford just had?

7. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

That's always the only stat that matters for a TEAM.

That being said, IMO if Sam competes at a high level, that is all that he personally can do. If we start out playing defense like we did last year allowing 30+ points a game and roughly 150 yards rushing, plus have drops and crappy play calling, I can't really pin that on Sam and I think it would be ridiculous to get rid of any player that is playing well in spite of his surroundings. Now if Sam doesn't play well for WHATEVER reason, then I can see moving on and trying to do whatever it takes to improve the position.

I'm not married to the idea that Sam is our long term answer at QB though I do believe he is. I seem to remember a certain QB that threw the ball around a lot before coming here doing pretty well when the starter went down. I also recall a certain 6th round COMPENSATORY pick that played behind an established starter that came in and played pretty decent for a dozen or so years so far. Coincidence? OK - Probably but you never know.

8. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Wish I could give this one multiple likes. It's really at the core of what is happening here.

In a word? Yes.

And I don't think Yama was pointing directly at you. Many of us internet GMs talk about things they see and it will NEVER be as much as Fisher et al see. Seems pretty obvious to me. We can watch all the rewind and coaches views we want and they would still see things NONE of us do. I'm not saying that they are infallible or that fans don't get it right sometimes when the coach doesn't, but to even think that we see as much as the coaches and staff see? Not so much.

9. Yamahopper Well-Known Member

I think i was clear. ..But let me add to it. The Rams could have had any Qb in the last draft, yet they chose a late round scrub instead of a possible heir to the throne. They could have had any Qb in the draft save one a couple years ago but they passed. Bradford could have been cut and cap room saved for more players. But he wasn't.
    I'm starting to get the drift Bradford is here to stay

while no front office is perfect, it seems to me with the collective experience of the coaching staff, Sneads brains and Demoff's steady hand they seem to have a plan and or sticking to it.
    We as fans can like it or not, but then we're not getting the big bucks for our expertise
    For what the Rams game plan is they must feel he's the one to execute it or he would be gone.
    The GSOT isn't coming back. This is a ball control team.
    And when they feel Bradford isn't the guy he will be gone same as any other player.

ED_29, Selassie I and RamFan503 like this.
  10. Zaphod Well-Known Member

Fans and media will still blame Sam.

And the organization will recognize his true value to the team regardless of the media.

[​IMG]

11. duckhunter Well-Known Member

Well then!! Is there some damn button on the coaches' TV set that blanks out the cheer leaders that us fans don't have? That's gotta be it.;)

Great discussion fellas.

RamFan503 likes this.
  12. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Is the QB "W/L" stat the same thing as a Defense "W/L" stat?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. max Well-Known Member

Stafford was erratic in 2013. Passer rating of 84.2 is a mediocre performance. A lot of people in Detriot were disappointed in him last year. When you've got Megatron you should be a lot better than that.

flv and RamsFan14 like this.
  14. -X- I'm the dude, man.

I'm trying to determine how you're establishing your baseline for Bradford's upcoming season. So it won't be acceptable if he passes for over 4600 yards, has a 7.3 YPA, a very low sack percentage and throws for 29 touchdowns + plays in all 16 games? He also has to be consistent? Can we get a definition for erratic while you're at it? Because the Lions Stafford had an average margin of defeat of 5.8 points in their his 9 losses. If their turnover ratio wasn't so bad (largely because of the sack/fumbles by Stafford himself), they very well could have had 10 wins.

I'm not ragging you with any of this. I seriously need to know what the baseline is for some of you guys. Someone else said if he lit it up, that would be fine. But now you're saying lighting it up isn't fine, because there has to be consistency.

15. ED_29 Well-Known Member

IMO he has rarely been the reason they have lost a game... but how often has he been the reason they "won"? That's really what people are talking about. I want Sam to be the reason the Rams win. Be the difference between them losing a game 16-13 and winning it 20-16. That's what I want to see more for sure. That's when we will know what he is. If he can't be that or if people can't get that then heck they should just have anyone be the QB because as a "team" it won't make any difference. That's what it sounds like some are saying to me.

F. Mulder likes this.
  16. ED_29 Well-Known Member

manipulate the defense and when defense are stacking the box to stop what promises to be a deadly run game destroy single coverage and make them pay

17. mr.stlouis Well-Known Member

Give the man 3.5 seconds on a PA fake and he'll shred defenses. That's the recipe.

18. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

It's where they played when they first moved there and where the Cardinals played until they departed,
    BTW Phil Simms LPRating 72.4
    Sam 79.3

19. ED_29 Well-Known Member

and why would they do that... if Sam lights it up and does his part why would we blame him? that doesn't make any sense too me

20. -X- I'm the dude, man.

He doesn't even need the play-action. Or 3.5 seconds (3.3 is sufficient). Just needs a clean pocket.'

EDIT. Had a video example, but it lasted less than 3.3 seconds on YouTube. :mad:

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    bluesjoc and RamsFan14 like this.