No More Additions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

muggmeister

Rookie
I think we need to sink or swim (or tread water) with our current roster. I would rather not see any additions to this team which would necessitate restructuring of any contracts to push money owed to the next couple of years. I want to keep all available cap space going forward. Let's find out what we have and don't have and then we can pinpoint extensions and outside signings for the next few years. If we completely suck this year, so be it, better draft position for next year, if we don't suck then all the better and we can have fun on Sundays again. However, if we find some real contributors that would make life easier to sign some difference makers to put us back in Super Bowl contention. I honestly think we get 3 more years out of Stafford and Kupp although maybe only 2 for Donald. Look at what Jacksonville did overnight and they're the favorite in their division, why can't we be next? Anybody else feel the same way?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I say strap the horned helmet on the best players possible (by any means possible) -- and take the field on Sunday's with a game plan intent on winning.

Sports.
You never know.

In McVay I trust.
Go Rams!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I’d gladly re-add JJ3. Our secondary is inexperienced and raw. We need a solid vet presence.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think we need to sink or swim (or tread water) with our current roster. I would rather not see any additions to this team which would necessitate restructuring of any contracts to push money owed to the next couple of years. I want to keep all available cap space going forward. Let's find out what we have and don't have and then we can pinpoint extensions and outside signings for the next few years. If we completely suck this year, so be it, better draft position for next year, if we don't suck then all the better and we can have fun on Sundays again. However, if we find some real contributors that would make life easier to sign some difference makers to put us back in Super Bowl contention. I honestly think we get 3 more years out of Stafford and Kupp although maybe only 2 for Donald. Look at what Jacksonville did overnight and they're the favorite in their division, why can't we be next? Anybody else feel the same way?
If they don’t add anyone then they either can’t swing the cap space (not buying it) or they are content to sink or swim.

If they do sign a few vets then it says that they think they can contend.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams are not the team that sits back. They're not going to be that team with McVay in charge either. You can bet they are going to be ready for cutdowns, that they have a strategy to be ready to get better if/when they see a player they like.

Now the FA types maybe aren't gonna be considered but if so it's due to cap. If and when someone they like is within the cost they're looking for they'll add them.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I agree, though Jets WR Corey Davis might be an interesting consideration if the Jets need to move him for cap purposes. He's better than Van Jefferson and might be what they were looking for in Allen Robinson.

BTW, if a young, impact player, who plays a premium position becomes available, I'd hope the Rms explore their options.

muggmeister

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I was just curious to all your thoughts. Pretty lonesome here in Mississippi being the only Rams for a country mile (thousand+ plus miles that is)

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I was just curious to all your thoughts. Pretty lonesome here in Mississippi being the only Rams for a country mile (thousand+ plus miles that is)
Hey, I about a year ago my family and I went to a really great BBQ & blues joint called "The Shed" off of the 57 in southern MISS. Have you ever been there?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

I think the Rams sit tight this season. Hopefully, the season will not be a disaster.

I say that because the Rams went "all in "twice, and both times, made the Superbowl. If not for some phantom holding call against the cheaters, the Rams might have won that super bowl, and likely would have blown out the Bengals if the facemask against Ramsey was called.

And that's not to say that this season has no hope. :)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think we mostly go with what we got. We just don’t have a whole lot of flexibility that does not impact the 2024 surplus the Rams have strategically set aside for then.

I do think we add a vet or two where needed as the team is assembled and the coaches see what we got in these rookies. That seems unavoidable, to me.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I predict that Rams will take full advantage of their #6 position on waiver wire pickups this offseason.

And I further predict that they will acquire a few gems in the process. Should be a huge help in patching up cracks in the roster.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I agree we should sit tight except for one area if the RIGHT one comes available and that's LT. I wrote about Mekhi Becton might be a major upgrade if healthy. LTs rarely become available and neither Jackson or Noteboom feel like the answer.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
My hope is that we drafted a few gems and see that this year, don't trade away our draft picks, and are ready to really reload next year with lots of capital to fill whatever holes we lack after seeing all of our new guys play (a lot).

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have a feeling what we have now is what we get this season. I really don't expect any signings before camp or the season. If by chance they surprise and have a winning record before the deadline, then I can see them trading for help down the stretch. Otherwise, throw the youngsters in the deep end and see who swims and who sinks.

Tano

Legend
I have a feeling what we have now is what we get this season. I really don't expect any signings before camp or the season. If by chance they surprise and have a winning record before the deadline, then I can see them trading for help down the stretch. Otherwise, throw the youngsters in the deep end and see who swims and who sinks.
hey arnold nicksplat GIF

This was Evans last year