No Excuses For Rams. Just Look at Arizona

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Bottom line is Arians is a winner as long as Palmer is under center for his team.

Is Fisher? Where is the improvement? Listening to him and Cignetti sounds like the Iraqi Information Minister while the bombs were dropping saying everything is wonderful.

Offense is last in the league. I hear more excuses for the OL and a new QB, but we heard these every year he has been here. At some point excuses have to stop....its beyond frustrating. I personally think he needs to be gone after this season....hes still living in the era of 90s football in this new era and it doesn't work. Even Seattle has to rely on a dynamic QB to pull off something similar. I just don't think he gets it, or ever will, his track record on offense shows the coach he is.

Go hire Todd Haley or someone else proven to run an offense.

Fixed that for you. :ROFLMAO:

Name
Tom
@Krangthebrain I really don't care about the rules of other boards. As I said, we welcome you as long as you abide by the rules of THIS board. Using terms like "dumpster fire" or "loser" no matter how you want to couch it is not acceptable here when referring to our Rams. It is really that simple.

Ok, I understand your boards rules and will comply. I'm not here to bash your team, I'm here to learn about an opponent.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ok, I understand your boards rules and will comply. I'm not here to bash your team, I'm here to learn about an opponent.
Nah man - I get that. If I thought you were doing it maliciously, I would have already banned you. I just wanted to make sure you understood the rules so you could actually enjoy your time here without running afoul of the members.

That being said, I hope we see Palmer in the fetal position all game long.

Name
Tom
Nah man - I get that. If I thought you were doing it maliciously, I would have already banned you. I just wanted to make sure you understood the rules so you could actually enjoy your time here without running afoul of the members.

That being said, I hope we see Palmer in the fetal position all game long.

:)

I'm not going to lie; the only thing Cardinals fans fear about the Rams is Palmer getting hurt.

Name
Tom
And you may want to add over confidence.

We'll see, but this year's Cardinals team is much better than last years. And hopefully you'll get a double dose of Palmer instead of only 1/2 a dose like you did last year. Ryan Lindley beat the Rams last year; Lindley is quite possibly the worst QB I've ever seen.

SixthGauge

UDFA
Name
Andrew
You'd have to go all the way back to September 8th, 2013 for the last time the Cardinals had to face a starting QB of the Rams.

The Palmer lead Cardinals were trailing the Austin Davis lead Rams in Arizona last year before Palmer was injured in the 4th quarter. Had Austin Davis not thrown 2 interceptions, one for a TD, and fumbled for a TD (all in the 4th quarter) - Rams win that game. Just saying.

Name
Tom
You'd have to go all the way back to September 8th, 2013 for the last time the Cardinals had to face a starting QB of the Rams.

The Palmer lead Cardinals were trailing the Austin Davis lead Rams in Arizona last year before Palmer was injured in the 4th quarter. Had Austin Davis not thrown 2 interceptions, one for a TD, and fumbled for a TD (all in the 4th quarter) - Rams win that game. Just saying.

And if my aunt had a ...... she'd be my uncle :)

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Well a lot of posters on this board are from St. Louis and they pretty much hate Bernie and JT. Are they not representative of the city too? Are you saying that constant negativity towards the team is helping the matter in any way? I can't see how. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. I can't remember the last time I read anything positive from the two of them concerning the Rams. Now I get that the Rams have not been good but at least in the offseason most teams/fans are positive. Couldn't that be reflected by the reporters? Bernie and JT aren't even certain whether the Rams are staying or not. But by their tone you'd think they already left town.

One thing I've learned is you can't take what you read on message boards as indicative of the general population. People on my bass forum will swear up and down brand X bass is now what used mostly in jazz or rock but when you go out you find most people still just use a Fender. Most people I know love the Rams but are indeed very pessimistic about our chances of retaining the team. Most people read Bernie or listen to him everyday and don't have any issues with him or JT.

As far as catching flies with honey, the reporters aren't going to make a difference here. Bernie could cure cancer and heal the sick and Stan is still going to go for his money. People get waaaay too worried about what he says.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
More than just "tweaking". Most of our roster is post-Arians/Keim (or BASK).

They started with good recievers and a good secondary along with a good Dline. Plugging Palmer into that receiving corps was a huge piece to the puzzle that kept them from struggling for years. They tweaked the Oline and the RBs over the years and have some improved units. The tweaked the D but that seemed to be more from defections.

The Cards were a bit of an illusion last year too. They had many very close games early that were against some of the weaker teams on the schedule. They aren't all that just yet.

I do agree that Arians is a good offensive coach. I think now that Fisher has seen the Cards under Arians enough he probably has a plan in mind. He usually does. We'll see though.

WvuIN02

Starter
Oh come on guys. Bradford AND Palmer could have both been had. He was coming out of a horrible stint in Oakland where he was scooped up for peanuts. And its not Bradford completed a full season with Tom Brady 07 numbers....he was still an unproven commodity....just as he is today.....maybe even overrated at that time looking at his performance in Philly so far.

Palmer is an elite QB, Bradford never was or likely will be. And thats the only position you dont gamble with.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Oh come on guys. Bradford AND Palmer could have both been had. He was coming out of a horrible stint in Oakland where he was scooped up for peanuts. And its not Bradford completed a full season with Tom Brady 07 numbers....he was still an unproven commodity....just as he is today.....maybe even overrated at that time looking at his performance in Philly so far.

Palmer is an elite QB, Bradford never was or likely will be. And thats the only position you dont gamble with.
Bradford played elite, when he was healthy. Of course, that is my opinion. I think we'd have a better record right now, if he was our starting QB, and healthy this year. Who will be better in the future? I don't know. Both QB's suffer from learning a new offense, right now, which is not an easy thing.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I beg to differ. Palmer is a good QB in a good situation. He had a good year with the Bengals, and sucked in Oakland.

He's the flavor of the month.
It's a long season.

Elite?:gtfo:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
503 - admirable tolerance and restraint with "drainedmybrain".

"I'm here to learn about your team" my ass.

WvuIN02

Starter
I beg to differ. Palmer is a good QB in a good situation. He had a good year with the Bengals, and sucked in Oakland.

He's the flavor of the month.
It's a long season.

Elite?:gtfo:

Palmers average seasons were as good as Bradfords best. And he had some very good years in Cincinatti. If not for an ACL in the playoffs vs Pittsburgh they might have won the SB that year.

Flavor of many many months you mean? Hes 14-2 in the last 16 games he started, and "everyone" has sucked in Oakland. I mean anyone can say a head coach is not good without an elite QB. Where was Belichick before Brady? Oh yea, sucking ass on the Browns. Bill Cowher never won a SB until Big Ben showed up, so on and so on. I think the problem with Fisher is that he hasnt shown the ability to find that QB in his entire career, even with plenty of opportunities in free agency, the draft, and so forth.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
503 - admirable tolerance and restraint with "drainedmybrain".

"I'm here to learn about your team" my ass.
Right? Trust me, this is the closest he's ever come to an actual discussion when it comes to the Rams. His usual shtick back where he comes from is to break into the conversation with the insightful "The Rams are trash" :)

I've got a photo of him ready to post once he get's banned so we can have our fun....because here at ROD we're classy like that.
My people are all over it.
200.gif

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Bradford played elite, when he was healthy.
Sorry Doc, but did I miss this stretch of games? I liked Bradford, and rooted my heart out for him, but I would not...in a million years classify his play as elite. I am not sure he even had an elite game in my eyes. Closest one would probably be the win at home against the Skins a couple of years ago. Man was that a great Rams game. So few and far between....