No exciting articles about Stafford/Goff trade becoming official.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Today was supposed to be the Goff/Stafford trade is done and official.

We can assume they both passed their physicals and the Lions and Rams can now balance their salary cap books to make adjustments as needed.

Some of us (myself) might have expected the Rams would quickly extend Stafford today and free up more cap space to land a free agent prospect nobody might have expected they could sign. Didn't happen.

I read one article that pointed out Stafford officially became a Ram today. There was nothing else elaborated. No other legit NFL sites mentioned it or what might/could happen going forward.

I'm hoping this is the calm before the storm but maybe I put too much stock into Stafford signing a quick extension so the Rams could add at least one impact free agent as soon as this trade became official.

Maybe I got this one wrong.

Getting Stafford to quickly sign an extension to free up cap dollars was probably wishful thinking.

183.jpg

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I thought the same. Thought he'd be signed right away to a 1yr extension or restructured, or something announced.. but nothing.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
That's probably why they announcing it tomorrow. I believe you cannot talk contract etc prior to league season we know things get done behind closed doors but I guess it also has to look good and yes physicals etc. Plus we still in covid crap.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
Today was supposed to be the Goff/Stafford trade is done and official.

We can assume they both passed their physicals and the Lions and Rams can now balance their salary cap books to make adjustments as needed.

Some of us (myself) might have expected the Rams would quickly extend Stafford today and free up more cap space to land a free agent prospect nobody might have expected they could sign. Didn't happen.

I read one article that pointed out Stafford officially became a Ram today. There was nothing else elaborated. No other legit NFL sites mentioned it or what might/could happen going forward.

I'm hoping this is the calm before the storm but maybe I put too much stock into Stafford signing a quick extension so the Rams could add at least one impact free agent as soon as this trade became official.

Maybe I got this one wrong.

Getting Stafford to quickly sign an extension to free up cap dollars was probably wishful thinking.

183.jpg
My brother TonyHunter87 loved you man. Talked about you all the time. Just wanted to let you know. May he rest in peace

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What's the rush. If they don't need to do it now and can do it later or next year and benefit isn't that better?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My brother TonyHunter87 loved you man. Talked about you all the time. Just wanted to let you know. May he rest in peace

I'm a bit caught of guard.

I loved your brother @Rams4life. TonyHunter87 was a long time poster on a another board that often shared several private messages with me over the years. We had some good discussions in his last days.

He had a passion for the Rams as much as anybody I've ever known. He didn't sugar coat his opinions and knew the franchise inside out.

He's been missed by many others besides me.

I honestly didn't know he had a brother and if he mentioned it, I guess I didn't pay attention.

He was one of kind and for someone I had never met, he felt like family over the years sharing posts with him.

TonyHunter87 rest in peace. I will see him some day. He was a good human being and a top shelf Rams fan.
1c418bb09ff1823692afc15b03c98267.jpg

Last edited:

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
I'm a bit caught of guard.

I loved your brother @Rams4life. TonyHunter87 was a long time poster on a another board that often shared several private messages with me over the years. We had some good discussions in his last days.

He had a passion for the Rams as much as anybody I've ever known. He didn't sugar coat his opinions and knew the franchise inside out.

He's been missed by many others besides me.

I honestly didn't know he had a brother and if he mentioned it, I guess I didn't pay attention.

He was one of kind and for someone I had never met, he felt like family over the years sharing posts with him.

TonyHunter87 rest in peace. I will see him some day. He was a good human being and a top shelf Rams fan.
1c418bb09ff1823692afc15b03c98267.jpg
And he loved you. We were on that board together but never let on we were related. We have a sister also but we don't speak to her because she's a dumbass lol.

His favorites were you, deadpool and ramsdude. He got along with most, except zn who he couldn't stand lol.

After Nelson passed I made it a point to troll zn every site I seen him on lol.

Anywho, he loved his team and he knew everything like you said. He always had a a notebook and was writing stats and rosters.

He even knew how much cap space the Rams had. He was amazing and I miss him. We called him joel bushbaum and he'd say, "I'm not a pencil neck geek" He was hilarious lol.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Thank God. I was worried there would be a leaked video of Goff trying to surf the frozen Lake Michigan while wearing Speedos.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I did not know that either, still honor him another board with his avatar.
1616078570640.png

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
What's to lose? Come September no one will care that he was official on March 18 over March 17 @ 4 pm.

2.5 million dollars was to lose. Thats why the delay. Obviously part of the deal, but a part we didn't know about.