Niners favored to win NFC next year!!! LMFAO!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Anything can change after this year’s SB.

When the Rams won SB56, the sports writers said they were favored to advance to the playoffs the following year.

It did not happen.

At the beginning of the 2023 season, the sport pundits said Rams would be lucky to win four to five games and the Rams would be bottom dwellers of the NFL to suck for Caleb.

What happened? The Rams were in the playoffs with a bright future in added talents.

Next season 2024, the 69ers are favored to be the top of the NFC again?

We will see. Because the Rams, Seahawks and Cards are reloading their roster with new coaches and talents. And anything can happen.

I don’t see the 69ers at the top in the NFC again because all NFC teams are gunning hard for them. And through attritions and injuries, the 69ers will probably miss out on the playoffs in 2024.

oldnotdead

Legend
We will see. Because the Rams, Seahawks and Cards are reloading their roster with new coaches and talents. And anything can happen.

I don’t see the 69ers at the top in the NFC again because all NFC teams are gunning hard for them. And through attritions and injuries, the 69ers will probably miss out on the playoffs in 2024.

I couldn't agree with you more. The Rams will be a legit contender. Their young team is now seasoned and with the new additions they will be better than last year.

The Seahawks will reload and IMO starting at QB1. Make no mistake they look to be competently coached. I like Grubb a lot as an OC. If they do indeed get Penix they will be dangerous offensively

With a couple of injuries next year and the Niners could be fighting for 3 place in the NFCW. They blew their shot last year and it exposed them as a good team not great team. They will be fighting not to get muscled aside for the top of the NFCW. Their cap limits will slow their potential and they are only average in drafting. They tried to build a team via the Ram's Fuck the Cap. The Rams got a Lombardi so it was worth it. In 2022 they came back to earth like they had to. 2023 was their rebuild year and this year they are legit contenders.

The Niners will take longer. Their cap will limit their growth this year. They will be a good team but not better. Their trajectory is down for the next 2-3 years. Shanahan must revise his offensive philosophy and either become a truely balanced offense or like the Rams, at least put greater emphasis on their pass attack. That will take time. The idiots don't know what they have in Purdy. They will have to franchise tag to keep him in 2026 meaning one more expensive contract .

Hell, the Rams could have 2 more Lombardi's by the time they can make a run for one. Talent wise their window isn't closed but it's certainly not wide open as it was last year. Both the Rams and Seahawk will be on the rise while the Niners window will be closing

The Rams will be looking for 3 key rotational depth players or potential starters at CB RB, OT. They also will be looking at 3 futue starters at QB, WR and CB3 for 2025. The rest to provide key depth on both sides of the ball.

Both the Rams and the Seahawks have a clear path to where and how they must improve. The Niners will be struggling to simply maintain their top heavy roster. Most of all the Niners have huge question marks about Shanahan as whether or not he's the coach who can get them a championship. Failing twice, with this last time clearly a coaching failure. Shanny must deliver this year or he mignt not get another year.

If the Rams win another Lombardi in the next 2 years I bet Shanahan gets fired

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This was a BIG miss by the 49’ers!

Maybe they get another swing at it, but they were incredibly lucky this year in many ways. Will McCaffery have another season this healthy?

I’d argue Purdy should have thrown 4 INT’s (2 in each playoff game) that had those gone the other way they don’t even make the Super Bowl.

Hbomax Privacy GIF by Max

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I think the 9ers will have just as good of a team next year as this past one. 2025 is when they drop off.
For 2024, it’ll be about health and their mindset (determined or heartbroken).
The big difference though is I think the NFC will be better at the top. Certainly the Rams. But also GB & Detroit. Potentially others (Dallas, Phily, etc) depending on their moves

oldnotdead

Legend
Two ESPN analysts predict a SB for the Rams this year. I guess they finally opened their eyes and looked critically at this roster of budding talent.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
This was a BIG miss by the 49’ers!

Maybe they get another swing at it, but they were incredibly lucky this year in many ways. Will McCaffery have another season this healthy?

I’d argue Purdy should have thrown 4 INT’s (2 in each playoff game) that had those gone the other way they don’t even make the Super Bowl.
Up until the actual SB game, the shitters had incredible injury luck this year. This is the first season in which CMC didn't miss a single game since 2019. He had 3 straight seasons with games played of 3, 7, 6 between '20-22.

Also, I agree, Purdy had incredible interception luck late in the season and the playoffs/SB. Dropped pick after dropped pick. Perhaps he is coming back to earth and showing why he was the last pick? Throw in that he is very unlikely to play for pennies again next season. Yes, he is under contract until 2027, but, he is getting paid almost nothing and he can hold out for a new contract. Hell, he already got his elbow blown out, he has every right to get paid more then back up QB's who get considerably more then him (including his OWN back up who gets nearly 5x as much per year).

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Going that deep into the playoff multiple years in a row will take its toll on the 9ers. They're due for a down year.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Shanahan is just another Shottenheimer. Great in the regular season and chokes in the playoffs.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Shanahan is just another Shottenheimer. Great in the regular season and chokes in the playoffs.
Not exactly. Shottenheimer had 2 losing seasons in 21 years. Shanahan has 3 in 7. Shottenheimer is 0-3 in CCG, Shanahan is 2-2, 0-2 in SBs. So yeah, they both lost "big games". Shanahan is 8-4 in the postseason though. Marty was 5-13. Shottenheimer was the epitome of good in the regular season, sucks in the postseason. Shanahan sometimes sucks in the regular season........and I think he's due for another one next year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I was listening to the Locked On Rams podcast earlier, they said only two teams have ever lost a Super Bowl and made it back the next year. The hangover from losing the big game is real.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Not exactly. Shottenheimer had 2 losing seasons in 21 years. Shanahan has 3 in 7. Shottenheimer is 0-3 in CCG, Shanahan is 2-2, 0-2 in SBs. So yeah, they both lost "big games". Shanahan is 8-4 in the postseason though. Marty was 5-13. Shottenheimer was the epitome of good in the regular season, sucks in the postseason. Shanahan sometimes sucks in the regular season........and I think he's due for another one next year.
Yep! He does such a poor job of managing his players they most likely will have an epidemic of injuries again. Almost got him fired the last time