Niners favored to win NFC next year!!! LMFAO!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
When it comes to the 49ers it's really crazy. Their last seven playoff berths, (four with Shanahan); each time they advanced to at least the NFC championship. Very rare that a team consistently makes those runs.

You can only piss away so many opportunities. I don't think Shanahan comes this close to a championship again.

The 74, 75 and 76 LA Rams made 3 NFCCG appearances and lost them all. Maybe Shanny is Chuck Knox?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The 74, 75 and 76 LA Rams made 3 NFCCG appearances and lost them all. Maybe Shanny is Chuck Knox?
Since the Superbowl began, the niners have been to the conference championship game more than any other franchise (19; Pittsburgh and Dallas are #2 with 16 CCGs). The niners have won it 8 times. But the problem is since their last Lombardi (94), they're 3-5 in CCGs and 0 for 3 in the SB when they do win it.

Our Rams have been to the CCG 11 times during that span (5-6) and we've capitalized twice after winning it. Much better percentages than S.F.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
When it comes to the 49ers it's really crazy. Their last seven playoff berths, (four with Shanahan); each time they advanced to at least the NFC championship. Very rare that a team consistently makes those runs.

You can only piss away so many opportunities. I don't think Shanahan comes this close to a championship again.
Think "Rams, 1973-1980.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Since the Superbowl began, …

Our Rams have been to the CCG 11 times during that span (5-6) and we've capitalized twice after winning it. Much better percentages than S.F.
It’s even a little better than that.

The Rams lost their first four Conference Championship Game appearances, and six of their first seven.

After a ten year drought from 1989 to 1999, the Rams are 4-0 in NFC Championship Games.

Last edited:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Rams:
Say What Oh Hell No GIF by Robert E Blackmon

oldnotdead

Legend
If this year's draft is anywhere near as good as last year's haul the NFL had better watch the fuck out. This Rams team will be built for years.

The Niners are looking at a SB window on the verge of closing. This was supposed to be their Lombardi run year. Now they are in the red in the cap and will have to release some and restructure others which only increases their long term debt. Either way they could be fighting to play second in the NFCW with the Seahawks looking to rebound.

The Niners have some decisions to make and none of them good. Run back? To what? At this point for them nothing but a Lombardi will do. They had their shot with the best team they could build. Now they will have to at least partially dismantle their roster to get under the cap and meet their draft cap needs among other things. They have a top heavy roster with zero room. Poor cap management by their GM. Right now they have 10 contracts that are over $14 M for just 2024. They were laughing at Snead's fuck them picks? At least Snead got a Lombardi to show for it.

The Niners signed both GM Lynch and HC Shanahan to extensions last year they were so confident of winning a Super Bowl this year. Shanahan raised a lot of questions marks about his coaching in the Super Bowl. Lynch and his cap management have to be questioned as well. They went all in and busted. This is more like poker, all or nothing, not like horeshoes. Close gets you nothing but heartache.

The Lions got close but they are a young team with room to grow. The Rams showed huge promise last year. The Niners will probably use their first round pick on a LT, which leaves them with 3 picks on day two. The problem is not the draft but making cap room. They are $3.7M in the red right now. Releasing Trent Williams who is 36 yrs old with a dead cap of $10.7M (as a post June 1 transaction) would free up $20.8M in cap. But considering they are in the red and having to sign their draft class that would leave them about $10-$11M in cap space. Most teams want about $5M free space to start the season. That leaves very little to do much in the offseason unless they cut someone else or restructure which only deepens their long term debt. That's why I think they are more likely to lose at least 2 of their expensive players this year.

They can be a decent team this coming year but then what? They have two more years of a cheap Purdy contract. In 2026 he will be a UFA and his contract will be huge.

The 49er future has more question marks than potential. Yeah, this year's team will be good but if 2023's team couldn't get it done what makes anyone confident that 2024's team can do it? I for one don't see it happening. I think they will end up at best second in the NFCW.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
They were favored this year, and rightfully so. Next year might be another story after free agency and the draft.
Add a SB hangover to the equation and maybe they won't do very well.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Wait…shouldn’t this go in the memes and other funny stuff thread?…Moderator???

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It really takes great insight, foresight and journalistic courage to predict that the top 3 teams in 2023 will be the top 3 teams in 2024.

Now, on to the weather...

Its currently sunny and 73 degrees, and we forecast that it will remain that way for the next 5-10 minutes.
Pretty much this.
Talk to me about favorites at the end of preseason.

Flint

Pro Bowler

They got to the SB with most of their top guys available which is a small miracle although they didn’t seem 100%. Deebo, Kittle and Greenlaw all went out of the game at some point and may have been hampered by injury. These guys are probably not going to get healthier at this point in their careers and getting hurt in the SB makes it tough for a long term injury like an Achilles. Unfortunately for them the guys they paid like Kittle and Deebo are the most likely to get hurt and they’re in a tough spot with Aiyuk.
It’s interesting, Stafford would’ve thrown it to Aiyuk 10-12 times a game in the playoffs as he was their best wr, no matter if he was covered or not, he had 3 catches against the Chiefs.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But what's that old saying? By the time the season comes to a conclusion, few players are 100%.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Niners have played 60 games between regular season and post season in the last 3 years. That’s more than any team in the NFL. It takes its toll especially if you don’t capitalize. Deebo is always injured. Trent Williams is getting old a has missed games in the past two seasons. Same goes for Kittle who amazingly made it through the season without any major injuries. The core of that team definitely has very little tread on the tires. Niners will find out exactly what they have in Brock Purdy when he’s not surrounded by an All Pro LT, FB, TE, WR and running back along with a top 5 defense.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
There’s always that Super Bowl hangover looming over the whiners heads

After the Rams ripped out their guts and went on to win the SB, I thought the 9ers came out angry and with a purpose.

They lost their phenom nobody, rookie QB in the NFCCG and were even more pissed.

They were on a rampage this season. This was it. This was THEIR year, right?

I think now they’re broken.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
But what's that old saying? By the time the season comes to a conclusion, few players are 100%.

That’s usually closer to the truth than not.
When the Rams won it in ‘21, they were on fumes. I’ve posted it before, but I don’t think the Rams could have won if there had been one more game to play. They emptied the tank and have the trophy to show for it. THAT team had a lotta heart!

They were pretty much doomed the next season. They started out banged up. We’ll see what shape the 9ers will be in after all of this heartbreak. I think it’s gonna be rough.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No fuckin way the Whiners get back to the Superbowl. Their psyche was buried alive after choking away yet another SB opportunity. After they experience their SB hangover, their window will effectively close since they'll have to pay Purdy boy to keep him around. They won't be able to surround him with all the fading talent like they are now. McCaffrey will be older and closer to breaking down like all aging running backs do. They'll be done as he's the real reason their offense opened up. I can see Ratboy being done after this year if they crash and burn hard next year (not saying it'll happen but it's always possible). This is all why it was so soul crashing for them to lose and so sweet to watch them do so. As I said earlier, go get fucked Whiners!

dang

Legend
Losing a Super Bowl is soul crushing. I imagine there are a lot of “what ifs” and “coulda beens” keeping the losing players, coaches (and fans) from a good nights sleep for quite a while. Other than a Super Bowl win by the Rams - this is the best 2023 result I could have hoped for. I do respect a select few 69er players (McC, Purdy, Armstead) and hope they find better organizations to play for in the near future.