Niners CB Chris Culliver arrested for Felony Hit-And-Run and Weapons possession

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz said:
I agree. I could never be proud of Leonard Little. He did ZERO time for a young girl's life, then he got caught drinking and driving again. It's BS that football and money are more important than a persons life. I can only hope he has made amends in some manner to the family.

jrry32 missing the social commentary:
I don't see the correlation.
I see the larger life lesson and agree with it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Maybe I misunderstood the point you were making.
Assuming someone has skated by without consequence their entire life because they are in the public eye and have been arrested seems strange to me.
A lot of assumption.
I'm just sick of hearing about the thuggery in Pro Football. It's really that simple. I'm not trying to make any other judgement calls here, at least not in this thread :)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I be wrong to think that I could suppose that DB's will be the 9ers main focus with those 6 selections in the first two days of the draft.:(

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm just sick of hearing about the thuggery in Pro Football. It's really that simple. I'm not trying to make any other judgement calls here, at least not in this thread :)
Gotcha. I read it as "football players are thugs", which rereading it is not what you said.
Sorry about that.
I was having an argument with myself.

fearsomefour

Legend
I be wrong to think that I could suppose that DB's will be the 9ers main focus with those 6 selections in the first two days of the draft.:(
Well we keeping hearing they (and Seattle) are the most complete team in the NFL. They will go WR early I think....Harbaby has not developed a WR yet really

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Having brass knuckles is a felony? I'm glad I don't live in California.
We have all kinds of real stupid laws in this state. In the last couple of years alone they have made it illegal to fish recreationally in vast parcels of some of the best areas of the ocean. These closures will last FOREVER.
Want a clue as to how ass-backwards shit is around here? The humane society runs our Fish and Game department, true story.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Yeah, you definitely don't want to start out introducing yourself. It's like when Bill Cosby would go to buy a car. He would put on his most torn up clothes and dumb down his grammar. He even did a Cosby show based on that.

But then, when the time is right, you play the "you are now friends with a sports star card" and make that worth more. It would work on me. I'd rather have Issac Bruce as a bud I can call anytime than cash. Especially if he already gave me a load of cash and was SINCERELY sorry.

Of course, I'm a sick bastard, so I would ask him to be a clown at my 9 year old girls birthday party.

"Remember me? Yeah? I need a clown."

He does that, he's paid in full.

Where's my bike?

The clown idea is outstanding, that just made my day... Also add have your kid be hard on him like this video clip:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Niiiiiiice! Now We just need to kidnap Hardbough, plant some Brass knuckles and a illegal drugs on him and report him at the brothel he ' passed out at'...;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You don't see that players are treated differently than the rest of us?

Treated differently? In most cases...yes. In that case? I don't know. It was his first offense so I wouldn't be surprised if a normal person with a really good lawyer could have gotten the same sort of deal. It sucks but it's life.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Chris Culliver charged with a felony, two misdemeanors in hit-and-run case
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on April 9, 2014

chris-culliver.jpg
Getty Images

San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver was arrested on March 28 after an incident where he allegedly fled the scene of a hit-and-run accident with a bicyclist.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, Culliver was officially charged Wednesday with one felony and two misdemeanors by the Santa Clara District Attorney’s office. He is scheduled to be arraigned at a hearing on Friday.

The felony count stems from illegal possession of brass knuckles that Culliver allegedly used to threaten a witness that attempted to keep Culliver from fleeing the area.

The misdemeanor charges are for hit-and-run causing injury and hit-and-run causing property damage from the accident with the bicyclist.

If convicted on the felony charge, Culliver would face a prison sentence of 16 months, two years or three years, though a judge could elect to impose probation with no jail time or up to one year.

Culliver missed the entire 2013 season after suffering a torn ACL in August.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I'm growing tired of the number of thugs in football. They get babied their entire lives because of their talent, and no one steps in and sets any solid boundaries. I thought coaching and parenting was about turning children into adults.

A lot of these kids don't come from good homes. Plus when you give a young guy a lot of money (and fame) bad things are bound to happen - no matter what his background is.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Having brass knuckles is a felony? I'm glad I don't live in California.

Using brass knuckles IS a felony - unless the other person is applying a comparable level of force and you can claim self-defense. In this case - because it was just a threat, and they we're NOT used - he won't be convicted, on that particular count. Remember, you can charge anyone with anything. It's often done for leverage as most of these cases go to plea.

We're not completely crazy in CA. :barefoot:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
49ers CB Chris Culliver was arrested in San Jose, California Friday for felony hit-and-run and weapons possession.

According to the police report, Culliver hit a bicyclist early Friday morning and fled the scene. An eyewitness who saw the accident followed Culliver and attempted to block his vehicle from leaving, where he allegedly got out of his car and threatened the witness with brass knuckles. Culliver is currently being charged with felony reckless driving causing an injury, felony possession of brass knuckles, and a misdemeanor hit-and-run for striking the vehicle. The 49ers have released a statement and are aware of the incident. Culliver will be subject to the NFL's personal conduct policy and could be facing a suspension.

Source: KTVU.com
Mar 28 - 7:11 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6624/chris-culliver

I love the ballsiness of the guy that prevented Culliver from fleeing the scene. Must have been a Rams Fan that saw an opportunity to get Culliver off the field and hurt the Niners roster!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I agree. I could never be proud of Leonard Little. He did ZERO time for a young girl's life, then he got caught drinking and driving again. It's BS that football and money are more important than a persons life. I can only hope he has made amends in some manner to the family.

The family shunned him and makes no secret of the fact that they loathe Little. And they have plenty of reason because of what he did and how he handled the situation. The amends he made were a small settlement and that was that.

FYI it wasn't a young girl that was killed it was a wife and mother. IMO if that type of thing happened today the punishment would be significantly harsher, Little essentially got away with murder, a normal person like you and I would have been in jail for at least a few years.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
The family shunned him and makes no secret of the fact that they loathe Little. And they have plenty of reason because of what he did and how he handled the situation. The amends he made were a small settlement and that was that.

FYI it wasn't a young girl that was killed it was a wife and mother. IMO if that type of thing happened today the punishment would be significantly harsher, Little essentially got away with murder, a normal person like you and I would have been in jail for at least a few years.
You could well be right about that Les. I have a cousin who struck and killed two cyclists while driving under the influence of alcohol. He is currently serving a 24 - 30 year sentence.