Nick Foles is Excellent

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
...at handing the ball off. I know the pass blocking has been bad but I hope Foles gets it together soon. The good news is he looked way better when they went no huddle so maybe they can mix that in more in the games to come. In the meantime he better be happy #30 is standing behind him.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
lol. I'm slightly suprised he got extended so early on (wasn't it in camp?!). We won't be drafting high any point soon (I hope) so if we're targeting a QBOTF we better do some real scouting....

Or we could wait till Philly cut Sam Bradford and pick him up on the waiver wire after they've rehabbed him for us (just kidding.....kind of).

RamsFan14

Starter
The Rams need to protect him and make sure he doesn't get hit. Whenever he's played above average, we've won our games. When he's struggled, yea we've lost our games. I know giving the QB good circumstances is difficult in the NFL, but yikes he's been hit all season and then some! This cannot happen if we want to succeed in the passing game! He's one tough QB, that's forsure.

jjab360

Legend
All he has to do is not turn the ball over like he did against the Packers and we should be able to win games pretty handily.

Pretty much made only play of note today but he let Gurley do the rest with a hint of Tavon.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Foles seems to hold the ball longer than he ought to. He also doesn't seem to have a lot of zip on his throws.

I'm still trying to figure out where I stand in regard to Foles...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Jury's still out on Foles with me but I'm a tad concerned with his play. His overthrows towards the sidelines on the short passes is concerning. He needs to make those throws to keep the chains moving. He'll have the D's tongues hanging out way too often.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
We won't be drafting high any point soon (I hope) so if we're targeting a QBOTF we better do some real scouting....

The answer is Jared Goff, or if we can't get him, Paxton Lynch.

Goff is ready day 1. Lynch can play immediately but would be great with a year behind Foles to work on his footwork and overall mechanics.

I want one of these two right now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I consider the Green Bay game as just a bad game for the offense besides Gurley...The Oline was abused by a veteran Dline in Lambeau, one of THE hardest places to win at, period. Before considering drafting another QB, shouldn't we wait to see what we have in Mannion? Foles can help us win..he's a leader...and he doesn't tear his ACL every year (knock on wood). Get our Oline up to speed, protecting Foles, and we may discover that Foles is the guy we need.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Goff is ready day 1. Lynch can play immediately but would be great with a year behind Foles to work on his footwork and overall mechanics.

We would have to utterly fail to get Goff..Fukk that, I'd rather go to the playoffs, thank you.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

I like Goff, but he just got worked by a true freshman, Rosen. The stats don't even tell the story of the game. We need a QB with a little bit of mobility, IMO.

Our QB, and our OL, need to compliment each other. That is what we need. Whomever that may be.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

I just don't think we'll be in a position to get Goff. Lynch? Haven't seen much of him. Will look a bit closer from now on in.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Rams need to protect him and make sure he doesn't get hit. Whenever he's played above average, we've won our games. When he's struggled, yea we've lost our games. I know giving the QB good circumstances is difficult in the NFL, but yikes he's been hit all season and then some! This cannot happen if we want to succeed in the passing game! He's one tough QB, that's forsure.
Well, he was not very good today and they won.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Nick Foles is Excellent at looking like Napoleon Dynamite.

He needs to look more like his Uncle Rico.

RamsFan14

Starter
Well, he was not very good today and they won.

Honestly I thought that pass to Britt was a TD, I thought be broke the plane before before being down but then again we didn't get the best view on the replays. But he did not turn the ball over, and he made good decisions after the bad first quarter. He wasn't bad at all today, I think he played decently well. For our style of play (ground and pound), I thought he played good football today.

fearsomefour

Legend
Honestly I thought that pass to Britt was a TD, I thought be broke the plane before before being down but then again we didn't get the best view on the replays. But he did not turn the ball over, and he made good decisions after the bad first quarter. He wasn't bad at all today, I think he played decently well. For our style of play (ground and pound), I thought he played good football today.
Not a TD, the call was right.
He is slow on his reads and holds the ball. C at best today.
Not turning the ball over is always big though. When the D has games like that not turning the ball over is the first key, and he did well in that regard too. Played tough overall, took some shots to deliver the ball.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I consider the Green Bay game as just a bad game for the offense besides Gurley...The Oline was abused by a veteran Dline in Lambeau, one of THE hardest places to win at, period. Before considering drafting another QB, shouldn't we wait to see what we have in Mannion? Foles can help us win..he's a leader...and he doesn't tear his ACL every year (knock on wood). Get our Oline up to speed, protecting Foles, and we may discover that Foles is the guy we need.

Hell no.

If Mannion is the guy, he can beat out other competition. This team should not be their future on Mannion.

JMO but Foles is a bridge QB not a franchise QB.

I like Goff, but he just got worked by a true freshman, Rosen. The stats don't even tell the story of the game. We need a QB with a little bit of mobility, IMO.

Our QB, and our OL, need to compliment each other. That is what we need. Whomever that may be.

Goff doesn't play defense.

And he has functional mobility. His pocket awareness and movement are incredibly advanced for a college QB.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Hell no.

If Mannion is the guy, he can beat out other competition. This team should not be their future on Mannion.

And he has functional mobility. His pocket awareness and movement are incredibly advanced for a college QB.
Better than what we have. I agree on that. I watched him closely.

RamsFan14

Starter
Not a TD, the call was right.
He is slow on his reads and holds the ball. C at best today.
Not turning the ball over is always big though. When the D has games like that not turning the ball over is the first key, and he did well in that regard too. Played tough overall, took some shots to deliver the ball.

After further review, yea he was short, you were right. However that was still a great pass none the less. And he's slow on his reads and holds the ball? This is what you need to do in order to help establish an intermediate to deep passing game, do you want him to consistently dump the ball down? If he had taken more sacks, I might have agreed with your notion but for the most part, he stood tall in the pocket today. And with all the hits he's taken, I find it impressive he's still standing tall and scanning the field, looking through his reads instead of constant dumping down. With your grade, yea I'd probs give him a C+ or B-. Nothing special today, but he did have some key passes and didn't turn the ball over. Our defense and running game were the major players in todays win, but Foles piloted the plane well today.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hell no.

Well, so you are counting on us sucking so bad we get the #1 Pick? We are not getting Goff.