NFL Power Rankings: Vikings, Rams rising via free agency/trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
The circus is almost over.

Sure, we'll see more free agents sign deals in the coming weeks and months. Ndamukong Suh's still out there. As is Kenny Vaccaro. Don't you worry about nothing, though, as Mike Glennon has already found a home. Which gives me an excuse to provide this hyperlink (Byyyyyy Glennon!).

But the true "free agency frenzy" has come and gone. Fans who are hyper-worried that their team didn't do enough during this period -- ahem, Cowboys -- must be patient, as so many organizations wait until the NFL draft theater plays out before moving on to those veterans who are still on the street.

No one seemed to be very patient when it came to wide receivers -- that market moved fast and furious. Allen Robinson was the headliner, but guys like Sammy Watkins, Michael Crabtree, Paul Richardson, John Brown, Taylor Gabriel, Danny Amendola and Donte Moncrief all found new employers in swift fashion. This, more than anything, reveals how much trust GMs have in this year's draft crop of receivers. And when it comes to Moncrief's former locale ...more
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ngs-vikings-rams-rising-via-free-agencytrades

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, the whiners are #13. I wonder how that's gonna work out.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Two words...Elliott Harrison. What a clown.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are not 5 teams better than us in the nfl.
I agree that when the music stops (after free agency is done, and the draft is complete) we should be ranked higher.

But I can understand why we aren't yet. From the outside looking in, our offense looks worse with the loss of Watkins and, while our secondary looks incredible, we don't look like we have any run defense at all after our trades.

Do I think that will be fixed? Yep.

All that matters is how we look when we line up week one. And I feel pretty sure that we will look pretty damn good.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I hate over paying for free agent and prefer the Rams sign their own people and go after some 2nd tier free agents for cheaper one or two year contract, to improve depth. I also believe the Rams will find one or two diamonds in the rough with all their 6th round picks, I bet they are really scouting some of these smaller schools.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Except he's getting a little older and little worse every year. Last year his age really started to show towards the end of the season.

Except he's a hall of fame QB who doesn't get injured and has thrown for 4300 yards and 30 TD's more often than not.

Just saying he's the biggest reason why the Saints are ranked so high. Add in the group of young talent they have and I see it, even if I don't agree with it.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Except he's a hall of fame QB who doesn't get injured and has thrown for 4300 yards and 30 TD's more often than not.

Just saying he's the biggest reason why the Saints are ranked so high. Add in the group of young talent they have and I see it, even if I don't agree with it.

Not saying they aren't a viable team. They are. But I just don't see Brees as the same weapon as he once was . He's def a shell of his old self and it's only going to show more and more

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
LOL. Watkins yards cost $27,000 each. I'm sure we can find more affordable yards elsewhere.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Drew Brees.

Our defense, which has since been upgraded, dominated Drew Brees this year. If not for Alvin Kamara, Brees probably gets shut out in LA.

The real answer is probably that they actually won their playoff game, but I agree - Saints are behind us, especially after the upgrades to our defense.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Except he's getting a little older and little worse every year. Last year his age really started to show towards the end of the season.

IMHO, this is ignorant. He still threw for over 4000 yards, and arguably more accurate throws. He didn't need to pass as much last year because he had an amazing run game. Brees is as deadly as ever through the air. One of the best... still! #respect

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Most don't yet believe in Goff. It is all that holds the Rams back in these ratings.
They don't want to except that they were wrong calling him a bust.
Once he shows once again that he is a probowl QB, Rams will be ranked higher.
Top special teams
D that is now considered top notch.
Top Oline, returning all 5 starters
Top RB.
Strong receiving group.
One of best offensive minds as HC.
One of best D minds as coordinator.

No holes at all, lots of strengths. Those who see Goff as a top QB will have Rams much higher.

It will fun to watch the W pile up next year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

But I just don't see Brees as the same weapon as he once was . He's def a shell of his old self and it's only going to show more and more

He still threw for over 4000 yards, and arguably more accurate throws. He didn't need to pass as much last year because he had an amazing run game. Brees is as deadly as ever through the air. One of the best... still! #respect
Outdoors....Brees is mortal...especially in harsh elements.....Indoors....dude is still a problem...now he has a running game...and improving defense....they are dangerous.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait, what?
Last 7 reg season games passer rating
Playoffs
89.2 and would have been come back win if not for stupidest defensive play in history....