NFL Game Pass gives cord-cutters a new option

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

No extra charges from verizon - everyone gets it, regardless of their plan. Only way I could "maybe" see an increased charge would be a result of your bandwidth/data plan.

Reading over it, it's not like Sunday ticket. Still nice though

http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/08/nfl-mobile-now-gamepass-new-season/

The 2015-2016 season of the National Football League is about to begin, with the opening game scheduled for Thursday, September 10th. That means new apps, new services and, best of all, more ways to watch free games while on the go. Today, NFL announced that it has completely redesigned NFL Mobile, which will start featuring NFL Now, the league's online video network. As a result, Now won't be a standalone product any longer, as the NFL is making an effort to streamline its digital properties. What's more, the premium version of NFL Now, which offers access to NFL Films and other original content, is now going to be integrated into NFL GamePass. Pre-Season Live, AudioPass and GameRewind will also be a part of GamePass going forward.

Lastly, NFL Mobile is giving all Verizon phone customers the ability to watch games for free through their mobile device, no matter what plan they have. Starting this season, the NFL will let these users stream Thursday, Saturday and Monday Night Football, as well as in-market Sunday afternoon game, on iOS or Android smartphones. (The NFL says this won't work on tablets.) That's great news for Verizon customers, since they won't have to worry about paying an extra fee for streaming those games.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

iced

So if you don't have a STL market address you have to setup a PO box to get the Ram games.

I'd make a further guess and assume you'd need to have an St.Louis Area code in your phone number, or somewhere within the St.Louis market

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or use the Sunday ticket streaming option. Requires a username and password that you can purchase or get for free if you know somebody else with the subscription. I was fortunate to have 3 choices for bootlegging a username and password in my non-extended family tree alone. If that hadn't been available I would have gone "panhandler style" with a card board sign outside of my office building...."need Sunday ticket password.....desperate....willing to....."
I'm at work you almost got me fired..lmao

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'd make a further guess and assume you'd need to have an St.Louis Area code in your phone number, or somewhere within the St.Louis market

I would think it would be tied to the address, since they let you keep your number no matter where you live. My girlfriend moved to Chicago from Portland Oregon and still has her Portland area code even though she's on my account now.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Verizon mobile. Could mean tablet or phone.
I'm sure there's a way to simulcast from my phone to the TV.

Which stinks because I have FiOS and got SUPER excited for about a minute...then... Steve Austin'd...

iced

I would think it would be tied to the address, since they let you keep your number no matter where you live. My girlfriend moved to Chicago from Portland Oregon and still has her Portland area code even though she's on my account now.

true

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
So if you don't have a STL market address you have to setup a PO box to get the Ram games.
Anyone in St. Louis please give me your neighbor's mailing address so I can pick up the games.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
yes they changed it. you no longer have to wait until the sunday night game is over, all games will be available at the conclusion of the afternoon games.
the article states the game just has to be over whether it is the early game or late game.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Just called DirecTV and asked to cancel because I couldn't afford Sunday Ticket.

They gave me Sunday Ticket MAX and the Directv GO box and $25! $475 value.

Ahhhhhhhhh yea!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or use the Sunday ticket streaming option. Requires a username and password that you can purchase or get for free if you know somebody else with the subscription. I was fortunate to have 3 choices for bootlegging a username and password in my non-extended family tree alone. If that hadn't been available I would have gone "panhandler style" with a card board sign outside of my office building...."need Sunday ticket password.....desperate....willing to....."

Can multiple people be logged into the same account at the same time? Might let a friend use my username and password if it won't prevent me from watching my games.

EDIT: Interesting. Just bought their lowest level plan ($200 plan) and they upgraded me to DirectTV Max. Can't complain about that.

Last edited:

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Can multiple people be logged into the same account at the same time? Might let a friend use my username and password if it won't prevent me from watching my games.
Steaming option for Sunday ticket only allows one log-in instance at a time.

My sister and brother in law watch Sunday ticket over their dish and receiver at home. Once in a while when he's out of town, he wants his streaming log-in back from me if his saints are on at the same time as my Rams, but other than that, they never use their steaming log-in credentials. I've loaded the Sunday ticket application from Play Station store on my PS3 and have a get a high def experience at home on the big screen. I've offered to pitch them some bucks for bootlegging off them, but they say no worries.

For many out there who are set-up and already stream netflix/amazon/apple tv etc, I'd think it wouldn't be too hard to find some family or friends with the dish who aren't using their streaming login.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

My sister and brother in law watch Sunday ticket over their dish and receiver at home. Once in a while when he's out of town, he wants his streaming log-in back from me if his saints are on at the same time as my Rams, but other than that, they never use their steaming log-in credentials. I've loaded the Sunday ticket application from Play Station store on my PS3 and have a get a high def experience at home on the big screen. I've offered to pitch them some bucks for bootlegging off them, but they say no worries.

For many out there who are set-up and already stream netflix/amazon/apple tv etc, I'd think it wouldn't be too hard to find some family or friends with the dish who aren't using their streaming login.

Damn. I think we would both have to use the streaming option. Guess it can't be done.

iced

on top of that i think its limited to one computer at a time - tried to use the login on my desktop and laptop to no avail, if Direct TV's service was even working....

VPN to gamepass i'm betting is going to be the higher quality and more reliable way to go - but just my 2 cents.

I just cancelled direct tv last year,and i had sunday ticket for atleast 5 years now.... getting their streaming stuff to work was hit or miss for me on most 1pm games, and the errors were definitely on the server side (their side).. I think last year it maybe worked 50/50 or less for 1pm games

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Wait a minute.

I get the games live since I'm on Verizon?
Did I read that right?

ZaLgMfM.jpg
An exclusive game only on yahoo? WTF

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
So you can only watch on the iPhone if you have Verizon?

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
So you can only watch on the iPhone if you have Verizon?

I was able to watch GamePass by downloading the NFL Mobile APP and I don't have Verizon---but I do have Gamepass. If you subscribe to it you can play it on your phone. Just need the App. And the subscription. At least it worked for me during pre-season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
on top of that i think its limited to one computer at a time - tried to use the login on my desktop and laptop to no avail, if Direct TV's service was even working....

VPN to gamepass i'm betting is going to be the higher quality and more reliable way to go - but just my 2 cents.

I just cancelled direct tv last year,and i had sunday ticket for atleast 5 years now.... getting their streaming stuff to work was hit or miss for me on most 1pm games, and the errors were definitely on the server side (their side).. I think last year it maybe worked 50/50 or less for 1pm games

Well damn. I wish I knew this before I purchased it haha. I would have just stuck with Game Pass again.

iced

Well damn. I wish I knew this before I purchased it haha. I would have just stuck with Game Pass again.

lol damn

yea thats why i was so blown away by the reddit threads that were up - that quality was better than direct tv, and it actually worked.

hope you have better luck than i did