NFL Game Pass gives cord-cutters a new option

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
We're getting closer...This post probably belongs on another forum, but I thought it important enough (to get the word out) to begin it here.

The NFL launched a subscription service Tuesday, part of a group of offerings designed to enhance the traditional television model.

Called the NFL Game Pass, the $99-a-year service will allow subscribers to watch regular season games on television as soon as they're over.

The pass app will also provide access to preseason games live, plus the ability to listen—with no accompanying video—to regular season games live. The app will include different camera angles and other exclusive content that's not available on traditional linear TV...............read more on link below.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/08/nfl-game-pass-to-offer-season-and-pre-season-games-for-99.html

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
Grab a VPN and the international version of GamePass if you want live games. I have no idea why the NFL still hasn't offered that in the US, but it is pretty awesome.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Grab a VPN and the international version of GamePass if you want live games. I have no idea why the NFL still hasn't offered that in the US, but it is pretty awesome.

Or get NFL2Go and receive everything you get on gamepass for $25.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm writing an Open Letter to the NFL about their digital offerings. What they're offering is pathetic, antiquated and out of touch. It's the music industry almost twenty years ago.

It's inexcusable. They're trying to preserve monopolies rather than engage in commerce and foster competition and truly get their product into the hands of the fans. In the digital age, there's very little to be said for "premium". It makes sense for Mercedes to perhaps sell a few less cars to add to their exclusivity, but the NFL is a mass market entertainment venue and digitally, there should be no barrier to entry.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Or get NFL2Go and receive everything you get on gamepass for $25.
Or use the Sunday ticket streaming option. Requires a username and password that you can purchase or get for free if you know somebody else with the subscription. I was fortunate to have 3 choices for bootlegging a username and password in my non-extended family tree alone. If that hadn't been available I would have gone "panhandler style" with a card board sign outside of my office building...."need Sunday ticket password.....desperate....willing to....."

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm writing an Open Letter to the NFL about their digital offerings. What they're offering is pathetic, antiquated and out of touch. It's the music industry almost twenty years ago.

It's inexcusable. They're trying to preserve monopolies rather than engage in commerce and foster competition and truly get their product into the hands of the fans. In the digital age, there's very little to be said for "premium". It makes sense for Mercedes to perhaps sell a few less cars to add to their exclusivity, but the NFL is a mass market entertainment venue and digitally, there should be no barrier to entry.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; HBO is going about it the right way, they're opening up new avenues for people to watch all over the world. It's the best way to stop the piracy. Make the content available for a fair price, and people will buy the service.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I've been using gamepass for the last two years, really surprised it's not available in America

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I've been using gamepass for the last two years, really surprised it's not available in America

It is, but you don't get live games. You watch the games after the Sunday night game is over. The NFL revenues are dependent on the TV contracts, so you do what you can to get people to watch the game on Fox or CBS as opposed to streaming.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
We're getting closer...This post probably belongs on another forum, but I thought it important enough (to get the word out) to begin it here.

The NFL launched a subscription service Tuesday, part of a group of offerings designed to enhance the traditional television model.

Called the NFL Game Pass, the $99-a-year service will allow subscribers to watch regular season games on television as soon as they're over.

The pass app will also provide access to preseason games live, plus the ability to listen—with no accompanying video—to regular season games live. The app will include different camera angles and other exclusive content that's not available on traditional linear TV...............read more on link below.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/08/nfl-game-pass-to-offer-season-and-pre-season-games-for-99.html
ok this states as soon as they are over, but fine prints says noon games and 3pm games have to be concluded. so have they changed their stance on this? I will be very happy if about 3:30 I can watch the rams games comercial free while having the day for family activities. 6:30 is a long time to keep my head in the sand about what going on.

SaCkaveli20

Rookie
Name
Chris
I live in Canada, and planned on getting GamePass. Can I watch the games live? I don't know if I can wait and watch when they're over...

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ok this states as soon as they are over, but fine prints says noon games and 3pm games have to be concluded. so have they changed their stance on this? I will be very happy if about 3:30 I can watch the rams games comercial free while having the day for family activities. 6:30 is a long time to keep my head in the sand about what going on.

I'm with you on the timing thing, as for the fine print, guess I missed it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wait a minute.

I get the games live since I'm on Verizon?
Did I read that right?

ZaLgMfM.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is why I just stream live from euro sites if I cannot make it to the bar.

NFL will wise up eventually. And they still aren't as bad as baseball where your zone can trump a paid package...

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I just get direct tv Sunday ticket maxx that way I can watch at home or if I'm out of town on my laptop.I've tried some these streaming options but they freeze a lot or want me to download something.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
I'm with you on the timing thing, as for the fine print, guess I missed it.
you did not write the article that states that games are available as soon as they are over, CNBC states this in the link. The NFL needs to do this if they told CNBC that games are available as soon as they are over. This makes sense to me, as anyone that can't watch live, will not be watching the late game live because they will find out what happened in their early game. So if the NFL thinks they are going to get more viewers by not allowing to watch noon games at 3:30, they are wrong.
The NFL would just sell their gamepass subscription for live games, blackout games that are on local tv. It is just that simple.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wait a minute.

I get the games live since I'm on Verizon?
Did I read that right?

ZaLgMfM.jpg

Do you mean if you have a Verizon tablet? We have Verizon for our phones but I don't want to watch a game on my phone. Or do you mean Verizon cable to your computer?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Do you mean if you have a Verizon tablet? We have Verizon for our phones but I don't want to watch a game on my phone. Or do you mean Verizon cable to your computer?
Verizon mobile. Could mean tablet or phone.
I'm sure there's a way to simulcast from my phone to the TV.

ramfaninsd

UDFA

yes they changed it. you no longer have to wait until the sunday night game is over, all games will be available at the conclusion of the afternoon games.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Verizon mobile. Could mean tablet or phone.
I'm sure there's a way to simulcast from my phone to the TV.

It's the app that comes preloaded on the phone when you buy it. I tried to get a clear answer on the charges from Verizon. But they couldn't give me a straight up answer. He kept saying there was a subscription involved.

AFAIK, you only get the market games that are where your phone is registered. But who knows with what the Verizon dude was telling me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's the app that comes preloaded on the phone when you buy it. I tried to get a clear answer on the charges from Verizon. But they couldn't give me a straight up answer. He kept saying there was a subscription involved.

AFAIK, you only get the market games that are where your phone is registered. But who knows with what the Verizon dude was telling me.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to stop in there and ask more about that. I was thinking about getting away from Verizon anyway, so if i don't like the answers they give me I can just tell them I'm cancelling.