1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NFL Draft Discussion: Rounds 4-7

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Prime Time, May 10, 2014.

1. CoachO Well-Known Member

Its a COMPENSATORY PICK people, it doesn't matter who they use that pick on, it would have been a HUGE reach to say that guy would improving the team. Sometimes there are bigger things to be gained from just being about FOOTBALL. This is about giving an opportunity to a kid who was good enough to win the DPOY in the BEST Conference in college football.

And the BEST coach in the league to handle the hoopla that will follow this.

Memento, TheDYVKX, Stranger and 3 others like this.
  2. Volnerman08 Well-Known Member

I think people forget Sam can actually play, the dude was the SEC defensive player of the year

TheDYVKX, Rams Until I Die and Ky Ram like this.
  3. A55VA6 Shutdown Corner

Fisher just got on the phone on NFL Network.

Wanted to give Michael Sam an opportunity. Good football player. Excited to get him involved on the defensive front. Doesn't have any concerns about the "attention" Michael Sam will bring.

4. CoachO Well-Known Member

So Sammy Brown is a "better player"? To name one off the top of my head

rhinobean likes this.
  5. Stranger How big is infinity?

I hope the mods got rid of that clown (not hometownboy, the poster he was quoting)... I think they only had 12 posts here. We don't need that kinda crapola here.

Alan, flv, HometownBoy and 4 others like this.
  6. Stranger How big is infinity?

Think of how much our fanbase just grew. We've got an entire new and loyal audience. Great move.

7. TheDYVKX THE D

Sam can play and will only add to our team. We just sold a lot of tickets and Michael Sam jerseys. We will finally get some media attention. And we only used a 7th round pick.

8. Stranger How big is infinity?

Ha ha ha... think of how many Rams jerseys will now fill up the Whiner's stadium when they play in San Francisco. This move was freaking brilliant.

TheDYVKX likes this.
  9. jjab360 Well-Known Member

Eugene Sims has lowkey been not very good for us these past couple years. Has gotten a lot of snaps and not very much pressure. No way this kid doesn't make the team as that 4th DE, imo.

10. HometownBoy STL sports aficionado

I agree, dislike the pick all you want, but to start attacking the guy personally is a childish move.

Keep that crap to Rams Talk where it belongs.

ReddingRam, Muleman and Stranger like this.
  11. flv 

It's a pick. It doesn't matter whether it's a regular pick or a complementary pick. It doesn't matter whether it's a 1st round pick or a 7th round pick. You pick people because they improve your team and not for non-football reasons. I don't see a DE helping us.

12. flv 

I tried to quote the post rather than anonymously click 'Inappropriate'. It was already gone.

13. TheDYVKX THE D

What did I miss?

14. CoachO Well-Known Member

So you are saying he doesn't likely have a better chance to make this roster than Sammy Brown, who has been here for 3 years, and hasn't seen the field? The Rivers kid last year nearly approached cult hero status with his preseason play, and you honestly think the DPOY in the SEC isn't a better player?

15. Stranger How big is infinity?

I'll PM you.

16. TheDYVKX THE D

Seahawks signed Dion Bailey. Damn it, my guy.

17. flv 

If you think I said that then quote the post.
    I said a LB, RB, or TE would likely have been a better pick because they'd have had more chance of making the team. I'd have had no problem with taking a pick that had the best chance of making the team being from a minority group.

18. CoachO Well-Known Member

I posted this before,, these picks aren't always about finding STARTERS... you make it sound like the kid cant play the game. he was the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR in the SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE.

I guess you haven't ben listening to either the NFL Network, or ESPN and hearing what they are saying about Greg Williams and how this is the BEST FIT for him as a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Bill Polian is one of the few on either of these networks who actually knows what he is talking about. And he loves the pick for the RAMS

19. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Take it easy. It's okay if people have a different view on what they wanted to do with a late round pick. No need to shout him into siding with you.

20. flv 

Know you know what i'm watching and listening to?
    I haven't said anything about how he plays.
    They interviewed someone on ESPN just before the pick who said that late picks are normally players with issues/flaws who have great speed/strength numbers - and Sam didn't have them. That person described Sam as a 'tweener' - too small for DE and too slow for LB. I want players who improve us the most. I couldn't care less what awards or stats those players had in college. I couldn't care less what religious or sexual choices that person made either.

If you want a player for non-footballing reasons then that's your choice. I don't and won't support that agenda.