NFC is Wide Open!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dickersn29

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's what concerns me:

1. Offensive line talent and cohesion.
2. New QB processing new system and receivers.
3. Injuries derail seasons and the Rams are perennially snake bitten in this regard.

Heck, '99 could happen again but I've claimed that for far too many offseasons now.

Do I share this thread's hopeful sentiment? Absolutely!

Will I trust it will happen??????

Hey Lucy, do you swear you will let me kick the ball this time? Really???

I agree, you point out valid concerns, which is why im saying if not now when?.. the time is ripe" this team is young and talented and have been thru some mediocre seasons so the time is now! give us Ram fans a taste of the postseason again.

I am looking at Fisher very closely this year, if he cant bring this team together this year than his job should be up for grabs, No more excuses, he has to bring this team together and show some considerable improvement.

Dickersn29

UDFA
I'm a Bay Area Rams fan as well so I totally get you. Every time I turn on the local sports radio and hear the misery expressed by the Whiner fans I laugh my ass off. Pure comedy. Couldn't make up a worse off season for them.

Welcome to the board!

Yeah I love turning on knbr and hear all the "whining" from the fans and fake optimism the homer hosts talk about because they know its over but cant admit it because their the teams authorized station, what gets to me about bayarea sports talk is they never give credit to other teams, they always blame an official or some mistake a player made for losing.

(btw what part you from?)

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm worried about this year tbh - I see the Cardinals taking the title, with the 'Hawks closely behind. Our lack of O-line, a new QB, a new offensive system, our defence's historically slow start to the season, the silly coaching decisions which have cost us in the past few seasons creeping in again this year, my worry that Fisher is an 8-8 coach at best, Mason taking a step back this year at RB, Quick not recovering to his pre-injury form, Foles being killed because he's holding onto the ball too long in a much slower offensive system than the Eagles, ok my list goes on, lets just say I have more worries than I'd like to have...

Memphis Ram

Legend
Are we forgetting the cardinals? Lol 11-5 last year
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...rians-rips-people-for-picking-always-8-8-rams

Almost everyone anyway. Bruce Arians wasn't surprised Arizona won and appreciated everyone picking the "always 8-8" Rams over his Cardinals.

"I love it when nobody says you have a chance to win. There is an 11-3 team and a team that is always 8-8," Arians said. "You figure it out."

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Seattle is still Top dog but now 2nd place is up for grabs" the niners run for the title is over! they are collapsing right before everyones eyes" HC Harbaugh is gone, so is DC Vangio, LB P.Willis is retiring and his replacement Borland, DE J.Smith may retire as well (fingers crossed) F.Gore is gone, OL Iupati as well" owner J.York is in way over his head, bayarea niner fans are besides themselves.

I see them in last place in the NFC west and the time to strike is now!! Seattle is bound to hit the wall being in so many tough games and playing in so many post season games, bound to take its toll.

If the Rams are going to ever stake their claim in the NFC west again, the TIME IS NOW!!! No more B.S., No Excuses, No Mediocrity, play one freaking season all out without injuries and bonehead plays and bring it all together, can Fisher still coach a team to win a playoff game again? can he bring the talent on this team together and perform up to their draft picks status?

If they can maybe just maybe the Rams can win the NFC WEST" , living in the bayarea i for one would love to see them in Santa clara for the Superbowl!! right in the 4t-whiners home field.

I know i may be dreaming but maybe just maybe the Rams can bring it all together for one season" and finally turn the corner, Ram fans DESERVE IT! hell I deserve it.

There is no reason we should not compete for a division championship this year. This is a Championship defense. Fisher and Snead have had plenty of time and picks to fix this. I wont be satisfied with anything less than a playoff appearance this year.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Seattle is still Top dog but now 2nd place is up for grabs" the niners run for the title is over! they are collapsing right before everyones eyes" HC Harbaugh is gone, so is DC Vangio, LB P.Willis is retiring and his replacement Borland, DE J.Smith may retire as well (fingers crossed) F.Gore is gone, OL Iupati as well" owner J.York is in way over his head, bayarea niner fans are besides themselves.

I see them in last place in the NFC west and the time to strike is now!! Seattle is bound to hit the wall being in so many tough games and playing in so many post season games, bound to take its toll.

If the Rams are going to ever stake their claim in the NFC west again, the TIME IS NOW!!! No more B.S., No Excuses, No Mediocrity, play one freaking season all out without injuries and bonehead plays and bring it all together, can Fisher still coach a team to win a playoff game again? can he bring the talent on this team together and perform up to their draft picks status?

If they can maybe just maybe the Rams can win the NFC WEST" , living in the bayarea i for one would love to see them in Santa clara for the Superbowl!! right in the 4t-whiners home field.

I know i may be dreaming but maybe just maybe the Rams can bring it all together for one season" and finally turn the corner, Ram fans DESERVE IT! hell I deserve it.

There is no reason we should not compete for a division championship this year. This is a Championship defense. Fisher and Snead have had plenty of time and picks to fix this. I wont be satisfied with anything less than a playoff appearance this year.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Why do people always underestimate the Cardinals?

I don't think it's about underestimating the Cards, it's just these concepts:

Injuries derail seasons and the Rams are perennially snake bitten in this regard

Bruce Arians wasn't surprised Arizona won ... "There is an 11-3 team and a team that is always 8-8"

Like the Rams, the Cards do not have a great history of being lucky. I consider them among the snakebitten teams. They have flashes of brilliance then quickly vanish.

Arians' superior Cards barely weaseled by those feeble Rams in a 12-6 ugly win while being helped by a +2 turnover advantage, and their most successful play of the day was a pass interference call.

The reality of the Cardinals is their true level was much closer to the Rams' level than those 11 wins. They will need all that luck to happen for them to reach double-digit wins again, and I doubt that's gonna happen.

ausmurp

Starter

Because they're one of the most unfortunate teams in NFL history. They've never been a factor, ever. They're literally one of the worst franchise in the history of the league.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Until I see tangible progress with the offense I can't get too excited about our chances. We'll need more than a top ten defense to compete.

We might get lucky and find a couple diamonds in the rough on the line. But going into the season the line will be a huge question mark.

V3

Hall of Fame
Because they're one of the most unfortunate teams in NFL history. They've never been a factor, ever. They're literally one of the worst franchise in the history of the league.
I'd argue the Browns are the worst(subjective, though). The Cards made the SB not too long ago and have been very good the past two. Also, I'm not sure what distant history has to do with the present team. They've show the past couple years that they are a team to be respected. I'm not sure their roster moves have changed anything. If there's any doubt, IMO, it's with their injury prone and old QB, but the Cards still won with their backups.

I'm not saying the Rams can't beat them but I'm sure not going to overlook them and just assume they'll be third place in the division this year.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Yeah I love turning on knbr and hear all the "whining" from the fans and fake optimism the homer hosts talk about because they know its over but cant admit it because their the teams authorized station, what gets to me about bayarea sports talk is they never give credit to other teams, they always blame an official or some mistake a player made for losing.

(btw what part you from?)

Seriously.

I'm in Oakland. And I'm starting to like the Raiders as my team #2 (distant #2) now that they have a QB from Bakersfield, which is where I grew up.

But yeah, Whiner fans are everywhere. And so self-important.

I'm so looking forward to the upcoming season! :D

ram007

Starter
I don't think it's about underestimating the Cards, it's just these concepts:

Like the Rams, the Cards do not have a great history of being lucky. I consider them among the snakebitten teams. They have flashes of brilliance then quickly vanish.

Arians' superior Cards barely weaseled by those feeble Rams in a 12-6 ugly win while being helped by a +2 turnover advantage, and their most successful play of the day was a pass interference call.

The reality of the Cardinals is their true level was much closer to the Rams' level than those 11 wins. They will need all that luck to happen for them to reach double-digit wins again, and I doubt that's gonna happen.

Can Rams say 9-1 record with Sam Bradford starting was in their grasp? That was cardinals record before Palmer went down.

Without starting RBs for most of time, without Palmer (for half the games), street signed Punter, their best LBs in Dansby and Washington out, Darnell Dockett on IR, Tyrann Mathieu (coming of an injury) they went 9-1 and fell off the cliff with Lindley.

I think their coaching was superior not the talent. The testament is Todd Bowles getting a HC job. I am happy he is leaving the cardinals since it will weaken them coaching wise which will result in 5-11 season for them in 2015.

ram007

Starter

Agreed. I don't think this defense is great except for DL. The back 7 have potential here and skill there and that's mostly it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Claims of the demise of the great NFC West are clearly over-exaggerated...Still toughest conference in football....
Most impressive team, eyeball wise, that I've seen since the 1979 Rams in person...Reminds me of the old Nebraska/Sooners squads, just big ass men in red at all the key spots...Docketts loss will hurt, but Campbell is a beast...We better find somebody to block this guy...

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Can Rams say 9-1 record with Sam Bradford starting was in their grasp? That was cardinals record before Palmer went down.

Without starting RBs for most of time, without Palmer (for half the games), street signed Punter, their best LBs in Dansby and Washington out, Darnell Dockett on IR, Tyrann Mathieu (coming of an injury) they went 9-1 and fell off the cliff with Lindley.

I think their coaching was superior not the talent. The testament is Todd Bowles getting a HC job. I am happy he is leaving the cardinals since it will weaken them coaching wise which will result in 5-11 season for them in 2015.
I think they were 9-1 primarily because they had a +11 turnover margin in those ten games, then they went minus-3 over the rest of the season to go 2-4.

You can blame the Palmer injury if you wish, but their giveaways without him were only about a half turnover per game worse than without him. The huge difference in their season was their takeaways went from 19 in 9 games (2.1 per game) with Palmer to 6 in 7 games (less than 1) without.

Sure, you can argue that losing your starting QB also affects the defense's effectiveness, but I say a lot of that 9-1 record came from a lot of fat dumb luck.

Here's a good article on it: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-arizona-cardinals-have-been-the-luckiest-team-in-the-nfl/

Look, I'm not trying to argue they had the kind of impossible luck the 49ers & Harbaugh enjoyed. Certainly the Cards were good. I just doubt their staying power and that they are impossible to beat next season.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think it's unrealistic to think or say that the Rams have suddenly bounded ahead of the Cards and/or Gulls...I never say never but I continue to say to myself that I'm not so sure the Rams D is all that it's chalked up to be just yet...I still want to see more consistency and better play from the secondary...I am, as always, cautiously optimistic about the coming year...I do think the reasons for optimism are more real now than for many years past...

Cardncub

Rookie

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...rians-rips-people-for-picking-always-8-8-rams

Almost everyone anyway. Bruce Arians wasn't surprised Arizona won and appreciated everyone picking the "always 8-8" Rams over his Cardinals.

"I love it when nobody says you have a chance to win. There is an 11-3 team and a team that is always 8-8," Arians said. "You figure it out."

He has a point ya know. Until the Rams prove they are better than that the quoted will be true. The Cards proved it the year before by going 10 & 6 & one point were 9 & 1 yet they were still underdogs against the Rams in the medias eyes.

Dickersn29

UDFA

:) Touche'

DVontel

Rookie

Getting a little bit too confident there don't ya think?

Last edited: