NFC CHAMPIONSHIP - 49’ers at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
That hit on Deebo really helped set and or reaffirm we are going to match your physicality. In the end we won that battle.
Thank you 33

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams o-line rebounds in rematch with 49ers to earn solid grades in NFC Championship

LA’s offensive line allowed less than 10 pressures against the 49ers defensive front
By Christopher Daniel Feb 1, 2022, 12:15pm CST

NFL: NFC Championship-San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams

The Los Angeles Rams’ offensive line played a major role in allowing the offense to churn out long, clock chewing possessions—including a 20-play 97-yard touchdown drive—as they beat the San Francisco 49ers 20-17 to advance to Super Bowl LVI. According to Pro Football Focus, and the all-important eye test, LA’s front played much better against San Francisco than in their previous Week 18 contest.
lavs49olpff2.1.22.JPG

As previously stated, Andrew Whitworth will get the opportunity to compete for the Lombardi trophy against his former team, the Cincinnati Bengals. He recently credited the Rams recent success—winning eight of their last nine games—to establishing a more physical identity.

“Had to find what was our best version in our style, what was going to be our winning football...I think we really needed to find who we were and how we were going to play that style of football,” said Whitworth. “I think we made a transition to being a little more physical and a little more aggressive in certain situations, and not aggressive in others to make sure we’re playing complementary football in a football game.”

Pass Protection: B+​

The offensive line’s physicality was evident against the 49ers, limiting their defensive front to seven pressures on Matthew Stafford’s 45 passing attempts. The last time these teams met, the big guys up front played more of a Swiss cheese style of pass pro; they allowed 22 pressures and five sacks.

Right tackle Rob Havenstein had a solid outing, limiting Nick Bosa for the majority of the game. Bosa ended the game with 1.5 sacks, including tripping up Stafford while he was flat on his back. Havenstein and right guard Austin Corbett knocked the Pro Bowl defensive end to the ground, but he was able to grab Stafford’s leg as he attempted to avoid pressure from former Ram Samson Ebukam, who split the sack with Bosa.

View: https://twitter.com/JB_Long/status/1488198028129230850?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1488198028129230850%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2022%2F2%2F1%2F22912651%2Frams-offensive-line-super-bowl-bound-49ers-grades

We will ignore why PFF did not credit Havenstein with allowing Bosa’s full sack.

Though Bosa’s stat line was still impressive, I didn’t really feel his presence from the couch as much as I have in previous matchups. Also, big time extra credit for Havenstein who tackled Jimmie Ward after he intercepted Stafford in the end zone. There was a bit of green ahead of Ward, had Havenstein not been able to get him to the ground.

View: https://twitter.com/NBCS49ers/status/1487938202409201664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1487938202409201664%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2022%2F2%2F1%2F22912651%2Frams-offensive-line-super-bowl-bound-49ers-grades

Run Blocking: C+​

While the rushing numbers for the Rams won’t jump off the page, it was still enough to make the 49ers have to respect the threat of the run. LA ran for 70 yards on the day. Cam Akers and Sony Michel were responsible for 64 of those rushing yards.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1487937718059298816

Given the fact that LA had previously averaged 58 yards rushing yards this season against San Francisco, the slight statistical boost in the run game was certainly needed. Again, Havenstein shined with his highest graded run blocking (93.7) game of the season.

Penalties: A+​

Nothing to report here! The big guys up front weren’t called for a single penalty all day long. Hopefully, the Rams’ offensive line will continue to play mistake-free football, at least as far as penalties are concerned.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I lost my oldest dog, Jackson to cancer yesterday and I almost didn’t stay up for this one. But he always watched the games with him and I know he was with me. In tears here, happier than yesterdays though.
Condolences, I like dogs better than people.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Skow looks pretty good as a fullback. Plus he can get out there in the pattern. Maybe that FB some of you have been pining for is on the roster. :laugh1:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Skow looks pretty good as a fullback. Plus he can get out there in the pattern. Maybe that FB some of you have been pining for is on the roster. :laugh1:
Not gonna lie I read that as "she looks pretty good as a fullback" and went to the booty thread to see what I missed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not gonna lie I read that as "she looks pretty good as a fullback" and went to the booty thread to see what I missed.
Any excuse to view the booty thread's a good one.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I lost my oldest dog, Jackson to cancer yesterday and I almost didn’t stay up for this one. But he always watched the games with him and I know he was with me. In tears here, happier than yesterdays though.
Sorry for your loss.