Next Week DeSean Jackson & Pierre Garcon & Alfred Morris

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Yea. But that was a team still only a year removed from winning only 2 games with a vastly inferior offense and hell, even defense. Case in point, 2 TDs against crap-tastic Bilal Powell.

This team is a new animal now, and based on how they rallied to win against the Hags after a late cough up, I still think they're pissed at having losing records.

Cousins is gonna get the crap beat out of him. Literally. He's gonna crap his pants.
I agree this team is much better. If we are a playoff team we take care of business with ease.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm not too worried, about a let down or coming in over-confident, we have a grizzled veteran coaching staff that won't let that happen!
The Rams will Win Big in this one!!
I'll let you know more, after I talk to Thordaddy about the "Fix" he has in on this game!!:LOL::D

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Jackson is out 3-4 weeks with the hammy. That's one less guy we have to worry about!

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13656130/desean-jackson-washington-redskins-3-4-weeks

[URL='http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/wsh/washington-redskins']Washington Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson is expected to miss three to four weeks with the strained hamstring he suffered Sunday, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Jackson underwent an MRI on Monday. The team has not announced results of that follow-up exam.

Jackson suffered the injury on the first play of the Redskins' second series in the first quarter, when he ran a deep route on an overthrow by quarterback Kirk Cousins.

Jackson, who missed the entire preseason with a Grade 2 separated shoulder, grabbed at his leg after the play and was worked on by trainers for several minutes on the sideline.

With Jackson sidelined, the Redskins lose their best deep-ball target. Second-year receiver Ryan Grant replaced him in three-receiver sets Sunday, but he lacks the deep speed to threaten defenses.

Jackson led the NFL with 13 catches of 40 or more yards last season.

ESPN.com's John Keim contributed to this report.[/URL]

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Our Run D will have to be ON POINT!!!
I agree, this game comes down to stopping Alfred Morris cold. The Redskins passing game is all short possession and conservative to minimize sacks and Cousins' mistakes. It might be frustrating if the Rams CBs play the 10yd cushions and allow a lot of short completions, but it is a harmless passing attack unless complemented by Morris running effectively to allow a lot of 3rd and short. Stuff the run, put the Skins in 3rd and long and game over.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The phins front four of Cameron Wake, N. Suh, Earl Mitchell , and Oliver Vernon has been grabbing WAY TOO much publicity during preseason as one of the best defensive front fours . I think TOO much consideration to Suh and Wake. Suh is overpaid and Wake is more a pass rusher and not a run tackler at 275lbs .

I think the RAMS front four with Brockers, Donald , Qinn & Long with great depth except I still question playing Fairley who has shown me NOTHING. Wish we dumped his salary and I'll be glad to eat crow if his collarbone is holding him back and he finally goes off for us. (1) tackle amoungst a team that everyone participated equally and everyone got many tackles this last week. Gang tackling.

Against the skins Terrance Knighton who weighs almost 45+ more lbs than Mebane as Ya'll know I've been carrying Tim Barnes' water since May after talking with Coach O privately. I think the 3-4 defense is a bigger test for our young OL as there is so much more looks to prepare for IMPO. I played 8 yrs ORT.

There is no competition with our two LB's JL and AO and the no names the phins have. So I like our run stopping DL and our depth also and doubt the skins have a speed up "O" like Wilson was running to stop our subbing. Alfred Morris will have a MUCH harder time going well over 220+ yards rushing on the RAMS. I just don't see it happening and not having DeSean Jackson but just Garcon as a main WR weapon. Pressure should force all passes to be very quick releases. Kirk Cousins can get a hot hand but is no Wilson running that offense as he can be a turnover machine once rattled.

It will be a tougher game due to us traveling and playing a more complex "D" with loads of vets on both "O" and "D". We must show we can be consistant and I agree Foles will feel more confident having played this team 4 times in last 2 seasons. It will not be easy to whoever is over confident. It will take our very best. No London Fletcher but lots of Veterans and lets keep Foles clean and without an INT. Having a run game will be hard if we can't get Mason ready.Can't force a hammy though. Need our TJ back from concussion tests and would love some good news on Sims. NO INJURIES!!!

Last edited:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We can't have a hangover game. We have to beat the bad teams, and I believe the next two games are against weaker teams.
Agreed on Washington but not so sure on Pitt. They did put up almost 500 yards of offense on New England.

FRO

Legend
Agreed on Washington but not so sure on Pitt. They did put up almost 500 yards of offense on New England.
And couldn't cover a soul. They have a horrible defense. We have a solid offense and great defense. We should win that game.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
And couldn't cover a soul. They have a horrible defense. We have a solid offense and great defense. We should win that game.
I didn't watch the game so I'll trust you saw what I didn't.
I agree, we probably should win but nothing is ever a given and for some reason we struggle when we shouldn't and are great against the good teams.

FRO

Legend
I didn't watch the game so I'll trust you saw what I didn't.
I agree, we probably should win but nothing is ever a given and for some reason we struggle when we shouldn't and are great against the good teams.
I agree nothing is given and every game in the NFL is hard. That being said we are the better team and should win that game.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

The Pats have a poor "O" Line and there "D" is nothing but a shadow of what it was last season with no Revis and others missing. Brady was on fire and had 4-5 unstopable recievers and 4 TD passes on the steelers. Brady was at his very best. Steelers have 14 players on IR and are missing Pouncey at center but the steelers had an old man run WILD on the patriots as Leveon Bell will be back for our game. Williams from the old Panthers rushing duo days had an awesome night in a loss. The steelers can throw the ball bigtime still with Todd Haley as OC who was Warners OC when Cards almost beat Steelers in SuperBowl. Plus the steelers have a brand new DC to replace a dynasty at the position. They will be a nightmare to cover them all unless we pound Rothlesberger mercilessly.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think the 3-4 defense is a bigger test for our young OL as there is so much more looks to prepare for IMPO.
Agreed... 8 years huh?
That nose will be a handful for Barnes...He was close to popping on some runs...don't think he did bad, in fact despite the negative plays, I thought I saw a bunch of "meat on the bone" were had Gurley or Mason been in the game, maybe a couple of long runs coulda popped.

Joe Barksdale isn't on the team anymore. Should be a decent indicator for Havenstein though.
Much tougher matchup IMO, due to the type of players that rush from the edge. Plus the NG lines up directly over the center, less help all around...MAN UP!!!! Orakpo is gone, but the dude (ryan kerigan?) that gave Barks all the trouble is still there...Should be interesting, and excellent for Havenstein....Hell, G-Rob too...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"Who are 3 dudes who are gonna get curb-stomped?"

Lle0qau.jpg

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
We need to travel East as we in past don't do too well

We shut the skins out last year in DC. Just sayin haha.

Anyway, can't look past this team. I know the Steelers and Packers are gonna be big games, but like they say, one game at a time. That's gonna be our key to playoffs this year. Can't have any of those weeks where we aren't prepared and lay an egg.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
We shut the skins out last year in DC. Just sayin haha.

Anyway, can't look past this team. I know the Steelers and Packers are gonna be big games, but like they say, one game at a time. That's gonna be our key to playoffs this year. Can't have any of those weeks where we aren't prepared and lay an egg.

I said past. Maybe I'm older than you. LOL